Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Political Fist Fight for immigration enforcement in Georgia!

Friends of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC):

We have just received an urgent call for assistance out of Georgia. The Open Borders Lobby is planning a mass protest at the state legislature Wed. morning at 10am. The Devil is headed down to Georgia and MALDEF and ACLU are mobilizing their troops to block the bill!

They are trying to gather 400 people to block GA Senate Bill SB 529 -The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act.

WE NEED YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE TONIGHT THROUGH WED. afternoon!

The GA Senate plans to vote on this measure.

ALL ALIPAC Supporters in Georgia are encouraged to call in on any talk radio show you can to alert the public. We know that over 80% of the public supports this bill but THEY NEED TO MOVE NOW!

Please help us send the following message to all members of the GA Senate and House

"Vote yes! on SB 529! Crack down on illegal aliens! Please do not weaken the bill. Please listen to American citizens and not illegal aliens! The vast majority of Georgians and Americans support this bill etc..."

The momentum has been with our movement on the state legislation front. We must protect and expand this trend.

Please keep your e-mails, faxes, and calls rolling through the night. We can leave messages on their voice mail systems that will await them in the morning.

DA King and the fine citizens of Georgia need your help tonight through tomorrow.

Please take immediate action. Let's show em what ALIPAC can do when we all pull together.

The New York Times has weighed in against this bill.
    Ludicrous NYT Opinion
    In Immigrant Georgia, New Echoes of an Old History
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-18506.html

Contact Info for the GA Senate
    http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005 ... telist.htm

Contact Info for the GA house
    http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005 ... 5alpha.htm

Full Text of SB 529
    http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005 ... /sb529.htm

Please consider posting your progress notes in our Discussion Groups where other activists are working hard on this effort to pass the bill.

Announcements Section of ALIPAC Boards for progress notes and questions.
    http://www.alipac.us/forum-1.html

-----------------
    Talking Points / What the bill does

WHAT THE LEGISLATION DOES

• Requires local law enforcement agencies to determine the nationality of every person arrested, and if the person is a foreign national to then verify their lawful presence in the United States. If the person arrested is unlawfully in the U.S., local law enforcement must notify federal officials of the arrest. It is then up to federal authorities to determine if the person arrested is subject to deportation.

• Denies taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal immigrants older than 18.

• Requires that if an employer claims a worker's salary as a state income tax write-off, that employer maintain copies of approved forms indicating the worker is in the country legally.

• Establishes tough new penalties for human trafficking.

• Requires public agencies, contractors and subcontractors to use a federal, electronic verification process for anyone getting a state contract.

WHAT IT DOES NOT DO

• The bill does not require local law enforcement officials to arrest people for violating immigration laws. It does not apply to people pulled over for moving violations and issued citations — it only applies to people arrested and booked into jail.

• It does not deny taxpayer-funded benefits to children or to people in need of emergency medical care.

• It does not hold employers responsible if employees provide them with false documents to show they are legally in the country.

• It does not deny public education to the children of illegal immigrants — this is required by the courts.

• Institute any new major deportation effort by the state.

Thank you for your activism and continued support!

ALIPAC
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senator ___________:

I serve as the President of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) and I'm writing today to ask you to vote YES on SB 529 -The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act.

As part of my job with ALIPAC, and as a Legislative Assistant in North Carolina, I have become very familiar with the polling data and public opinions on state measures such as SB 529.

I also have a background as a campaign consultant of many years as you can see in my bio at the end of this message. I've never seen poll readings like the ones we are seeing in countless certified polls about illegal immigration. The public overwhelmingly desires strict enforcement.

It is abundantly clear that well over 80% of the likely voters want all levels of government to strengthen and enforce immigration laws. You can vote for the measures in SB 529 with full confidence that you have the support of a super majority of your constituents. Of course you will have radical groups like MALDEF and other pro-illegal alien groups making noise.

If you or your staff would like to see many of the countless polls and examples of public support for measures like SB 529, please contact me and we will send them right over.

Here are a few examples.

Over 81% of the likely voters in NC oppose in-state tuition for illegal aliens. Over 72% prefer deportation to a guest worker program allowing illegals to stay and work in the US. Both of these reading were taken by the JW Pope Civitas Institute in Raleigh.

On the national level, a Zogby poll finds that over 81% of Americans want or EXPECT local police to help enforce immigration law.

In Arizona, in 2004, 56% of the voters passed Arizona Proposition 200 which cuts illegal aliens off from all non emergency taxpayer benefits and services. This measure was even supported by 47% of the Hispanic voters in the state. This measure passed although it was outspent by corporate lobby groups 5 to 1!

Other national polls show that well over 80% of the public wants businesses that hire illegal aliens to be fined.

The polls across the nation show the same readings with few exceptions. The public expects you to crack down on illegal immigration.

These measures by the states have become necessary since the Executive Branch of the US Government has ordered the Border Patrol to "Catch and Release" illegal aliens headed north and has ceased almost all fines against employers. It is now incumbent upon our state and local governments to enforce the existing laws. The American public is moving fast to correct this situation.

Illegal aliens are coming in droves to GA, NC, TN, and VA. All of our states need to send a clear message. That message should be "This state is not open to illegal aliens. You will receive no licenses, no in-state tuition, no taxpayer benefits, and we are empowering our local police to enforce immigration laws."

You will find that illegal immigrants quickly migrate elswhere when even the rumor of enforcement reaches them.

If you do not take these steps, you can expect the near future to hold a fate similar to the Border States where hospitals are closing and declaring bankruptcy, public schools are overwhelmed and exploding in violent riots, prisons are overcrowded and experiencing race riots, and law enforcement and their families are being threatened by the drug cartels that are importing the illegal aliens.

Once again, I offer to document any of the facts that I have enumerated here if you are not familiar with the situation that is spreading rapidly.

Please let me know if I or my organization can provide you with any information or assistance.

We look forward to seeing your YES vote on the bill and we plan to publicize your vote and the fate of SB 529 to our national alerts list of over 5,000 people and our national media lists.

Kind Regards,

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC ALIPAC
    www.alipac.us
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999

William Gheen's Bio information
    http://www.alipac.us/content-5.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just an idea, but how about calling ICE and ask why we have to keep putting up with MOBS of illegals our streets. Demand they pick these people up! Demand they have a presence at this demonstration.

Field Office Director, Atlanta
    77 Forsyth St., SW, Suite 117
    Atlanta, GA 30303
    Phone: 404-331-2765
    Area of Responsibility: Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, U.S. Virgin Islands
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

ICE won't come until we get the Feds turned around on enforcement.

Here is the MALDEF and ACLU call to battle. This should inspire many of you to get on the emails and phone lines with me tonight....

MALDEF and ACLU are holding a rally at the Capitol in the AM to try to sway opinion. see below

This is just a reminder about tomorrow’s Rally at the Capitol to Oppose SB 529. Representatives from the People’s Agenda, ACLU, ADL, MALDEF, RAKSHA, AFL-CIO, Central Presbyterian Church and more will speak briefly about the consequences of SB 529 (10 a.m.-10:30 a.m.) . At around 10:30 a.m. those in attendance are encouraged to enter the capitol to speak to Senators about SB 529. You will need a photo id to enter the capitol.

Senators are expected to discuss SB 529 tomorrow, thus we need people to lobby their Senators after the rally. To find your state Senator, please go to the following link http://www.sos.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/Locator.asp. I will forward you talking points and lobby tips later this afternoon.

We are expecting well over 400 people to attend the event, but please continue to spread the word.

JOIN US

AS WE RALLY & LOBBY

TO OPPOSE SB 529,

“Georgia Security/Immigration Compliance Act”

Where: Steps of the Georgia State Capitol

Who: Leadership from the civil rights, civil liberties, labor, legal, medical, and religious communities

When: 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Organized by the Mexican American Legal Defense & Educational Fund

For more information contact: Paul vom Eigen at peigen@maldef.org or (67 559-1071 ext. 15

Just sent an e-mail to my son at Morehouse College in Atlanta. I will be on the e-mail and phone lines tonite supporting this.

re: ICE No, they probably wont come out, but we can start badgering them anyway. Its only ONE extra phone call.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Thanks DCSA,

A lot of our activists are responding to our call via email. I cant tell how many, but there are a lot of us on the phones and email tonight!

W

It's taken me several hours, but ive now sent my personalized email to each GA Senator. Switching over to phone messages at 8pm EST.

I will be up and back on the calls early in the am tomorrow morning after I get as far as I can tonight.

W

I just found out the vote will take place in Georgia at 11am Wed. We have 15 hours left to make a difference folks!

W

Banned
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!! We are making a BIG difference. The staffers I talked to today said calls were running 9 to 1 in favor of SB529.

That is good to hear Pinestraw, but that was also prob before Maldef and the ACLU got involved. They could have paid callers at work by now.

W

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast