Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Sen. Tom Cotton Faces Backlash After pitching DACA Amnesty on Facebook

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Tom Cotton Faces Backlash After pitching DACA Amnesty on Facebook

Sen. Tom Cotton Faces Backlash After pitching DACA Amnesty on Facebook

Feb 12, 2018

Earlier today, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC dropped the organization's endorsement and support for Senators Tom Cotton (R-AR) and Chuck Grassley (R-IA) due to their cosponsorship of the Succeed Act which contains Amnesty for more than 1.8 million illegal immigrants.

ALIPAC's new, certified poll shows approximately 4 out of 5 likely GOP primary voters who elected Cotton, and Grassley oppose any deal on DACA Amnesty and support the enforcement of America's existing immigration laws instead.

This should be painfully apparent to Sen. Tom Cotton after the severe backlash he is experiencing to this post on his Facebook page. (View Here)

Senator Tom Cotton
    20 hrs ·

Tomorrow, 6 of my colleagues and I will introduce a proposal aimed at providing legal certainty for undocumented children brought to the United States by their parents and preventing others from falling into the same legal limbo in the future. Their proposal, which mirrors the White House framework announced by President Trump, provides a generous opportunity for approximately 1.8 million DACA or DACA-eligible immigrants to earn citizenship while strengthening our nation's border security and enforcement measures to reduce illegal immigration. This is the only bill that has a chance of becoming law, and that's because it's the only bill that will truly solve the underlying problem. It will protect those eligible for DACA but also make sure we don't end up back here five years from now. By addressing our border security needs and limiting family sponsorship to the nuclear family, it goes far beyond the other half measures that have been proposed. This bill is generous, humane, and responsible, and now we should send it to the president's des

Senators to Introduce Border Security, DACA Framework

Contact: Caroline Tabler (202) 224-2353 Senators to Introduce Border Security, DACA FrameworkWASHINGTON D.C. -A group of U.S. Senators tomorrow will introduce a common-sense proposal aimed at providing legal certainty for undocumented children brought to the United States by their parents and prevent...
    cotton.senate.gov
    Most of the responses on Facebook to Cotton's bill are negative. Here are a few examples of the 500+ sentiments expressed in reaction to Cotton's Succeed act Amnesty bill (Comments with symbol are from within Cotton's state)...

Penny Hearell NO! WE WILL NOT RE-ELECT ANYONE WHO VOTES TO GIVE AMNESTY TO DACA OR ANY OTHER ILLEGALS! YOU ARE DONE!

Joe Clem You lost my vote with this. Their parents came here illegally and now we are rewarding people who broke the law. No thanks. Next. I'll vote democrat before i vote for you again.

Sarah W Landrum This bill is just making them all legal. Doesn't stop illegals. Doesn't say wall. No everify mandate. Still 55000 visas just under different name. This is pitiful and surprised you are part of it.

William McClain We compromised back in the 80s when millions were granted amnesty with the understanding that illegal immigration was to be made much more difficult. You cannot compromise over and over again when the other side keeps pushing past their promises as if they were never made.

Christina Dry I don't want generous! I want them gone. You entered illegally and should not be here. Round them up put them out. Then they can apply for legal immigration. Your rewarding people who broke the law. They are not our citizens and we owe them nothing.

Jo Woodsmall There should be no reward for coming to this country illegally. Weather they were brought here as children or not. Entering this country illegally is a federal crime. Enforce the laws already on the books. That is what should happen.

Jeff Lewis No amnesty of any kind

Robert Lee Henderson Send them back! No amnesty! No DACA! NO MORE EXCUSES!

Denise Pearsall Wardosky Feeling betrayed by President Trump and now Cotton! No DACA/No Amnesty! Focus on Repeal and Replace Obamacare

Rebecca J Smithwick No DACA

Maurice Cummings This bill is generous to ILLEGALS, inhumane to CITIZENS and unbelievably IRRESPONSIBLE!! You realize the 1.8 million GUESS could turn out to be 5 to 6 to 7 to 8 million!!!! How about American Citizens FIRST!!!!! How about letting ALMOST NO ONE in for the next decade to make up for this disaster??!!!!!

Colt Lewis No DACA amnesty. Illegal is illegal. Both parties fighting over each other to legalize illegal aliens. What is wrong with all of you?
    To read more of the large volume of negative comments about Sen. Tom Cotton's Amnesty bill being discussed in the US Senate today, visit his Facebook page at...
    https://www.facebook.com/SenatorTomC...86?pnref=story
    Last edited by imblest; 02-13-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WE OWE DACA NOTHING!

WHAT TOM COTTON SHOULD BE DOING IS ASKING WHAT THEIR COUNTRIES OWE THEIR CITIZENS!

TAKE YOUR DREAMS AND HIT THE ROAD!

DEPORT THEM ALL!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

I just checked Senator Cotton's Facebook page and he is still getting slammed very hard by a lot of angry Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I slammed his FB page too!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Reading a few of the many negative comments toward Senator Tom Cotton. One question about the impact on benefits for American citizens when you give to illegal aliens and another questions why the United States does not end birthright citizenship.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

RISE UP AMERICANS! LET HER RIP!! Dish it out as hard and fast as you can!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tom Cotton: Merit-Based Immigration ‘Step in Right Direction’ to Stop ‘Hurting Blue Collar Wages’

JOHN BINDER19 May 2019261 4:14
    Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) says President Trump’s merit-based legal immigration plan is a “step in the right direction” to stopping downward wage pressure and cheaper foreign competition against America’s blue collar and working class.

In an exclusive interview with SiriusXM Patriot’s Breitbart News Daily, Cotton said Trump’s newly unveiled immigration plan which gives priority to English-speaking, highly skilled, and highly educated foreign nationals is moving the country towards a national immigration policy that puts Americans first.

“We’re reserving final judgment until I see an actual bill of course. I would say it’s a step in the right direction for the way we approach our legal immigration system,” Cotton said:
    It’s modeled in large part on the RAISE Act, which I introduced two years ago which would reorient our legal immigration system toward younger, higher skilled workers who speak English who could contribute to our economy from the very beginning on their first day here without hurting blue collar wages. I think that’s a step in the right direction. [Emphasis added]
    “As far as the asylum crisis goes, it addresses a lot of the problems at the border that have resulted from well-intentioned laws that are now being abused by people seeking asylum for fraudulent or bogus reasons — oftentimes aided by American groups that are giving them talking points they need to get across our border — as well as providing the physical infrastructure that the border patrol needs to address the crisis at our southern border,” Cotton said. “So I want to see the final bill, of course, but it’s a step in the right direction for sure.”

Indeed, while Trump’s plan would implement mandatory E-Verify as well as a rigorous assimilation process that each foreign national would have to pass in order to obtain permanent residence, the plan fails to reduce the overall level of legal immigration at least on paper.

Cotton’s RAISE Act, on the other hand, boosts Americans’ wages and job prospects by reducing the flow of legal immigration from its current rate of 1.2 million admissions a year to 500,000 admissions a year. Senators David Perdue (R-GA) and Josh Hawley (R-MO) are both co-sponsors of the RAISE Act.

Both Trump’s plan and the RAISE Act, though, end the process known as “chain migration,” where newly naturalized citizens are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the U.S.

Chain migration has been used to import entire foreign villages to the U.S., as noted by the New York Times. Since 2005, 9.3 million foreign nationals have been able to resettle in the U.S. through chain migration. This huge inflow outpaces two years of American births, which amounts to roughly four million babies every year.

The number of extended-family foreign nationals who have resettled in the U.S. in the last decade is greater than the total combined population of Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, and Cleveland.

At current legal immigration levels, the U.S. is on track to import about 15 million new foreign-born voters in the next two decades — the vast majority of which are likely to vote for Democrats, research by Axios, the New York Times, and Ronald Brownstein has revealed. Those 15 million new foreign-born voters include about eight million who will arrive in the country through chain migration.
    The reduction of legal immigration levels would almost certainly not only boost wages for America’s working and middle class at a quicker pace than current trends, but also relieve labor market pressure, ensuring that U.S. workers are not forced to compete a never-ending flow of cheaper, foreign workers.

Research indicates that for every one-percent increase in the immigrant portion of American workers’ occupations, their weekly wages are cut by about 0.5 percent. This means the average native-born American worker today has his weekly wages reduced by perhaps 8.75 percent since 17.5 percent of the workforce is foreign born.

Every year, the U.S. admits more than 1.5 million foreign nationals, with more than 70 percent arriving through chain migration. In 2017, the foreign-born population reached a record high of 44.5 million. By 2023, the Center for Immigration Studies estimates that the legal and illegal immigrant population of the U.S. will make up nearly 15 percent of the entire U.S. population.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...on-trump-plan/

You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

I really like Cotton's Raise Act, but he ruins his platform with this DACA nonsense. Hope he didn't follow through with it earlier in the year. I don't know if he did or not.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I really like Cotton's Raise Act, but he ruins his platform with this DACA nonsense. Hope he didn't follow through with it earlier in the year. I don't know if he did or not.
    We dropped our ALIPAC endorsement for Sen. Cotton after learning of his shocking support for Amnesty for DACA illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    We dropped our ALIPAC endorsement for Sen. Cotton after learning of his shocking support for Amnesty for DACA illegal aliens.
    Yes, I saw that, and agree with it. Such a shame he would do this to himself, it's an effort going nowhere because most Americans don't want it. The RNC official in a Fox interview a few days ago said to someone mouthing off about a compromise using DACA to pass Trump's most recent plan, "No, the DACA ship has sailed." I took that to mean it was over, finished, no more deals on DACA supported by Trump or the RNC. I sure hope the RNC sticks by and with us on that issue. They need to send a memo to every Republican member of Congress and then send one to every Republican candidate running in 2020, with a PS "you open your mouth in favor of DACA during the campaign and you won't get a dime."