Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I stated during my telephone calls "I want action against Obama's Amensty to 300,000 illegal aliens and against the work permits." One office said what specifically I wanted Senator to do. I said he needs to stop Obama and that the Senator should hook up with others in Congress who are against this Amnesty. Then do something and not wait for the l0 point border plan which is years off

Called and was told they don't have official statements ..yet?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Feinstein's office isn't even aware of Obama's amnesty!!

Just called Feinstein's DC office to tell them she needs to act against what Obama is doing with his self-appointed amnesties. (AS IF-- she's worse than he is, but I had to try, and to remind her that not all Californians are looney liberals). Her staffer had NO idea what I was talking about!! Wonder if Feinstein has put her brain in mothballs during recess, or if it's just some of her staffers?? Scary.

I'm hearing that many of these offices to not have an official statement yet.

Keep on those phones and keep educating the staffers by phone, email, and fax.

Your efforts are creating pressure for official responses to be released.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I have recieved recently.

"Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like you, I believe immigration is an important issue that merits Congress' attention. As such, I have supported several recent efforts to consider comprehensive, bipartisan, and common-sense immigration reform. Unfortunately, these efforts to debate tough but fair reform were filibustered, leaving our country subject to an unacceptable status quo.

We need an enforceable and practical national reworking of our immigration laws. However, until there are the votes to pass that type of strong and comprehensive legislation, I have supported a three year extension of e-verify and $10 billion in funding for additional Border Patrol agents, enhanced security technologies, and other border protection initiatives, in order to ensure that the laws currently on the books are being enforced.

I have also supported the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act, which would allow undocumented students to apply for legal status if they meet four strong conditions: they were brought here through no fault of their own before their 16th birthday; they graduated from high school; they passed a background check; and they completed at least two years of college or military service in good standing.

The Obama Administration has taken significant steps to secure our borders and enforce our current immigration laws by doubling the number of Border Patrol agents so that we now have twice as many border enforcement personnel as we did in 2004. This is the kind of step we need to take as we establish a common sense system that would offer immigrants a pathway to legal status if they meet very tough but fair criteria. It is my hope that the Senate on a bipartisan basis will have the opportunity to undertake a comprehensive, enforceable, and balanced review of our immigration laws.

Again, thank you for contacting me, and please do not hesitate to write, call, or visit my website, www.reed.senate.gov, in the future for information regarding this or any other matter."

Sincerely,

Jack Reed
    United States Senator

The idiot is all for the dream act!

I called the D.C. offices of Rep. Yoder, Sen. Moran, and Sen Roberts. Rep. Yoder's staff said that he is opposed to amnesty and I asked if they would issue a press release to that effect. They said that they would pass my messages to Rep. Yoder. Sen. Moran's staffer said that they did not know what his position was, so I asked him to take up something in the Senate similar to Rep. Lamar Smith's HALT Act. Sen. Roberts's staffer also did not know, so I also asked that he take up something similar to the HALT Act. Additionally, the staffer in Sen. Roberts's office who might know was out today, so the staffer routed me to her voice mail, where I left a message with this query along with my phone number.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Called and was told they don't have official statements ..yet?
    Me TOO that is very irritating!

April
    LETS KEEP SLAMMING THEM, they NEED TO HEAR FROM US UNTIL THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT OUT OFFICIAL STATEMENTS. UNREAL that they don't seem to know WHERE they stand on this travesty!

working4change
    I am frustrated that I am hearing the same old thing....no official statements yet. I have also followed up with emails.

I spent several hours on the phone this morning before heading for the border.

I am getting ready to email out letters as follow up. One GREAT thing, Richard Burr's aide on immigration CALLED ME! His name is Eric Leath and his number is 202-224-3154. He told me to call any time and he would make sure Senator Burr got my message.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast