Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Voicemail on Gunn. Another earfull for them!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Email response disputing the gutting of the bill

Thank you for writing regarding HB 36. Senator Apodaca is in support of HB 36.

Contrary to the numerous claims and rumors that have been flying around, HB 36 has not been gutted or weakened. The bill was heard in Commerce today, but the only change was to narrow the scope to accommodate the business community’s concerns. Senator Apodaca continues to work with stakeholders on all sides to achieve a solution.

The Proposed Committee Substitute will be available as soon as it is reported on the Senate floor this afternoon and can be viewed at: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLook ... illID=h+36

If you need further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Office of Senator Tom Apodaca

Chairman of Rules and Operations of the N.C. Senate

919-733-5745

2010 Legislative Building

16 West Jones Street

Raleigh, NC 27601

working4change
    Response from East's office

I will get your message to Senator East.

Thanks,

Joshua R. Frye

Senate Intern

Senator Don East

NCGA

Just spoke with Darrell in Sen Brown's office. He wanted to know where I got my info, sounded like I was definitely not the first to call, I said directly from people who were in the committee meeting this morning. He said he was not in the meeting, didn't know what was going on. He asked if I was a constituent of Sen Brown's and I said no, but I am a North Carolinian and this affects me and my family, that I am active in the Republican Party and this is NOT why we elected them to the GA. That seemed to matter. He said he would pass along my message, took my name and number, and mumbled that someone might call me back with more info. HAH!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    Email response disputing the gutting of the bill

Contrary to the numerous claims and rumors that have been flying around, HB 36 has not been gutted or weakened. The bill was heard in Commerce today, but the only change was to narrow the scope to accommodate the business community’s concerns. Senator Apodaca continues to work with stakeholders on all sides to achieve a solution.

The Proposed Committee Substitute will be available as soon as it is reported on the Senate floor this afternoon and can be viewed at: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLook ... illID=h+36

919-733-5745

16 West Jones Street

Raleigh, NC 27601
    This matches what they told me, except nothing was said about "Accommodating the business community." Wish she had said that to ME! I would email back, remind them that the bill had already been narrowed considerably, and ask if the greed of the business community is more important than citizens of NC being able to feed, house, and clothe themselves. They can pay us now in wages or they can pay us later through taxes for food stamps, etc. I am a bit MAD in case you can't tell.

From the Office of Senator Tom Apodaca

919-733-5745

16 West Jones Street

Raleigh, NC 27601
    ArrogantAmerican!

I have pretty much the same results although when I called Rouzer's office back the woman there said she thought he would be calling me. I haven't heard anything yet, she did indicate that I was the first of many people calling and that she had given him my original message "verbatim".

Just spoke with a lady in Rucho's office, very professional, took my name and number and will pass my message along, but nothing from her on the bill.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast