Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We've won in two states now Florida needs more help!

Friends of ALIPAC,

We are pleased to announce that our immigration enforcement bills which many of our activists have worked very hard on are going into law in Georgia and Indiana!

There is a critical vote in Florida today that will send the illegal aliens and their supporters into a tail spin nationally if it passes.

Please take the following steps with us. We need ALIPAC supporters from all states to converge on Florida ASAP.

Step 1:
    Read and review this article about today's vote in Florida.
    Florida Senate Expected to Take Up Immigration Bill Today
    http://www.alipac.us/article6275.html

Step 2: Craft your own distinct version of our sample message. It is important that each message be distinct if you want to have a strong impact with your calls.

"I am calling/writing today to ask Senator ______ to please support and pass strong immigration enforcement legislation in Florida today! Innocent American workers, students, taxpayers, and voters are being harmed by illegal immigration, and we need Florida to stand up for the 80% of Florida's legal citizens who want the state senate to crack down on illegal immigration now. Florida must act to protect citizens from this invasion."

Step 3:
    Follow this simple link to access contact information for members of the Florida State Senate. Call as many as you can and follow-up your calls with a written version of your distinct message sent by email or fax.

Contact as many as you can....

Florida State Senate Contact Info. (Click on each name for details)
    http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/

At this moment it appears that some of the farming interests and Chamber of Commerce groups in Florida are going to block our progress in the senate. Only a massive wave of calls, emails, and public pressure from our legendary ALIPAC online activists can get this bill on the move again in the final moments.

Please post your comments, feedback, questions, suggestions, and reports you are hearing from your calls at this activism tracking link...
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1220886.html#1220886

Let's Roll ALIPACers!

The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    LETS MOVE ON THIS PATRIOTS!!!! Together can make a difference!

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news-and this is my home state and where I live.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20110 ... y=nav|head

But two wins out of three ain't bad....and laws are just laws-they can still be changed in the future. How about we keep hounding FL legislators and make it come up for a re-vote, just like the pro-amnesty people keep bringing up a re-vote every time we turn around? Say yes, people! And every state that has messed up, too, including Utah! We are knocked down, but we're NOT out!!

working4change
    Effort to toughen immigration law fails in Florida Senate

TALLAHASSEE — An attempt by Senate Rules Chairman John Thrasher to toughen an immigration law fell short after nearly two hours of debate.

Thrasher's amendment to SB 2040 would have prodded employers into using a federal E-Verify system to determine the immigration status of newly hired workers. The bill didn't mandate E-Verify, but it said that employers who don't use it and ended up getting caught hiring undocumented workers could face stiff fines.

The amendment failed 16-23.

Thrasher, R-St. Augustine, pulled out all of the stops in his closing argument. He implied that the 9/11 terrorists who trained in Florida could have been caught by the system.

"I wish that we had had an E-Verify system," Thrasher said. "We might have saved the lives of 3,000 Americans."

Sponsor Sen. JD Alexander, R-Lake Wales, was opposed to the amendment, as was the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
    2:12 p.m.

TALLAHASSEE — The Senate is beginning debate on SB-2040, a highly controversial immigration reform bill.

Senate President Mike Haridopolos, R-Merritt Island, warned members to keep their emotions in check.

"We still want to send the message that Florida is the most incredible place to live in the world," Haridopolos said.

Haridopolos has been accused of pushing the legislation to bolster his conservative credentials for the campaign trail, where he faces a tough primary for the U.S. Senate. Haridopolos reminded his critics that his family comes from Greek immigrant stock.

He denied Florida is following the lead of Arizona, where state laws have sparked lawsuits, a nationwide protest and boycotts. The bill is custom-made for Florida, Haridopolos said.

Unlike Arizona, SB-2040 does not ask law enforcement to check the immigration status of workers. It also does not require employers to use the federal "E-Verify" system that determines a worker's status after he or she has been hired.

However, state agencies that help laid off workers find a job would have to use E-Verfiy before providing assistance.

"If you are a law-abiding citizen, there is nothing to fear," Haridopolos said.

The chief Senate sponsor is JD Alexander, a Republican from Lake Wales and a wealthy citrus grower.

Alexander said his companies use E-Verify, but he complained that it can take days to be notified if a worker's credentials are suspect.

He said his constituents are angry that federal law bans public school administrators from checking the immigration status of students.

"This is fundamentally saying to the federal government that once again, you have failed us," Alexander said.

Rules Chairman John Thrasher, R-St. Augustine, is offering the amendment despite a decision by Alexander to drop E-Verify for private employers.

The Florida Chamber of Commerce is hotly opposed to E-Verify and just sent out the following e-mail:

"Earlier today we cautioned that a MANDATORY E-VERIFY amendment was anticipated on an immigration reform bill - SEB 2040 - that the Florida Senate will hear today. THAT AMENDMENT IS NOW REALITY, and the rush is on to ensure Senators hear your voice NOW to OPPOSE THE MANDATORY E-VERFIY AMENDMENT filed by Sen. John Thrasher. Please call your Senator now and tell them to OPPOSE MANDATORY E-VERIFY.

"Mandatory E-Verify constitutes a TAX INCREASE on Florida employers. This deeply flawed Federal government program will FORCE all Florida employers to use this error prone and costly program. Mandatory E-Verify will hurt Florida businesses:

"A recent federal study showed that 54% of individuals verified as legally eligible to work by E-Verify were in fact unauthorized aliens, E-Verify does NOT currently provide liability protection for employers who receive faulty information from the system, .E-Verify only allows employers to screen employees AFTER they have been hired and placed on the payroll, and then does not even confirm whether an employee is in the country illegally, and .E-Verify incentivizes identify theft and forces employers to become document experts Please contact your Senator now and tell them to OPPOSE MANDATORY E-VERIFY. Send a pre-written email to you Senator!

Contact your Senator!"
    2 p.m.

TALLAHASSEE — From the board rooms of the Florida Chamber of Commerce to the steamy vegetable fields of Immokalee, all eyes were on the Florida Senate, where debate is expected to begin on SB 2040 an anti-immigration bill this afternoon.

The Florida Chamber of Commerce has fought proposals that would punish employers for knowingly hiring illegal immigrants and force them to use E-Verify, a federal online system that allows a boss to check a worker’s immigration status, but only after the worker has been hired.

The chamber blasted the following email to members in the morning:

“E-Verify does NOT currently provide liability protection for employers who receive faulty information from the system, E-Verify only allows employers to screen employees AFTER they have been hired and placed on the payroll, and then does not even confirm whether an employee is in the country illegally, and E-Verify incentivizes identify theft and forces employers to become document experts,â€

working4change
    Related Thread Here

OBL claims that E-verify amendment goes down 16-23

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-236827.html

working4change
    Related Thread Here Fla. Senate guts proposed immigration bill

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1221220.html#1221220

The one idiot who is supposed to be a republican said he needed illegals to pick his fruit and could not do it without them. Was this not said once about slavery? The slaves were freed and we still grow all the same things in the usa, so slavery ending did not destroy the economy of the usa. IT actualy got better.

we get rid of the illegals just think of all we would save on welfare costs between them and anchor babies

those who voted against this are traitors and i hope their voters remeber this. As John Mccain found out, it is not like the latino community will reward RINOS with votes
    <div>"If I had known this I would have picked my own cotton"</div>

Florida Senate Majority Leader reply regarding SB 2040!

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about this incredibly important issue. I, like you, believe that illegal immigration is a critical issue facing our state and nation. During this legislative session, for the first time in our state, we have passed a bill that gets tough on illegal immigration by denying state benefits to illegals through the use of E-Verify, implementing E-Verify for Florida's Workforce program, and ensuring that violent criminals will be deported after serving their sentences.

I think that this bill was a step in the right direction, but we still have much work to do. I was proud to vote for and support an amendment that would have implemented a state-wide E-Verify program on employers, however, we fell a few votes short in our efforts to pass this amendment.

Make no mistake, we are getting tough on illegal immigration in Florida. While this year's bill is a great first step, we need to do more. I will continue working with my colleagues in the Senate and House to craft solutions to this issue and educate our fellow citizens on the need to get tougher in combating this critical problem.

Best Regards,

Mike Haridopolos

"ensuring that violent criminals will be deported after serving their sentences"

i want all of them deported. Who cares if they are violent or not? just start with the violent ones and (MOD edit--imblest)
    <div>"If I had known this I would have picked my own cotton"</div>