Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I hope it’s not too late. I didn’t have time until today to write and email them.
    Here is the email I sent to editors, and CC’ed Schulken

-----------------------------------

Charlotte Observer Editors,

Let me be brief here, for any lengthy reply to MS. Schulken attack article on ALIPAC and Mr. Gheen would be bestowing your “now tabloidâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

How outrageous of Mary Schulken to depict William Gheen of ALPAC as a murderous racist. Perhaps, your paper likes to alter the facts to create an untruth. Are you not aware that the majority of LEGAL United States citizens are fed up with the influx of illegals crossing out borders, putting a tremendous strain on our economy, schools, hospitals, neighborhoods, etc. We, the people, are not against immigration, coming from immigrant parents who migrated here legally according to the law and did not feel they had the right to demand rights, refuse to learn our language and proudly display their flag, when they are living on our shores.

Ms. Schulken should be reprimanded and dismissed from her duties and print a retraction of how she misled her readers.
    and...

Ms. Schulken,
    What your article fails to consider, is that each and every year, millions of legal and illegal immigrants, along with roughly 600,000 guest workers and dependents, are pouring into a nation that's no longer creating jobs. Whether you care to admit it or not, we have a disaster in the making. The "Nation of Immigrants" rationale, can only go so far, and the time for mass immigration is clearly gone. In 1910, at the height of the "Great Wave Of Immigration", the entire section of the United States, west of the Mississippi, had less residents than California has today. How many are enough? Nothing lasts forever, and the "open borders crowd" needs to finally realize that.
    and...

Dear Editors:

There is no legitimate basis for people and their organizations to be called racist because they oppose illegal immigration, the result of which is the giving up by the American public, their essential liberties; it is the ultimate and usual complaint of the liberal mindset that we are racist as long as no one makes the distinction between legal and illegal. Our government has no constitutional nor moral duty to fund the needs of any other than our legal citizens; our duties lie within our borders, and our government does not have the right to make one life better at the expense of another, which is exactly what big business and the liberals are trying to accomplish by allowing illegal aliens to intrude upon our sovereignty. Between free education, free health care, free meals at school, and other welfare incentives, there is little attraction for these illegals to restrict family size to affordability. It is immoral to take money from one segment of society, (penalizing them for their success) and giving it to those who are here for a free ride. All we need do is honor those duties constrained by our Constitution, and keep spending within the legitimate functions of government, or we will go the way of Rome, and Greece and other nations that have allowed two thirds of their nation to become indigent. To import poverty is a disaster, increasing our population so much that it becomes detrimental to farmland, the environment, air pollution,

water pollution, creating an increasing shortage of all life’s necessary elements along with crime. Do we really want to live in an America like this? And you cannot compare it to immigration in the past: at least incoming foreigners were health checked and had to have promise of work to support themselves and their families. Now 1/3 of the illegal immigrants have been found to have serious health concerns, and they steal identities from law-abiding Americans to work fraudulently and steal jobs at lower pay. I rely on Alipac and other organizations to continue to protect us by acknowledging the irresponsibility of this Congress to enforce our laws and insist that employers and companies honor them also. Alipac is no more racist than those organizations such as The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, LaRaza, and other like-groups who fly the flag of human rights, and demand that these people who come here illegally should have all the services provided by hard-working Americans and then be given citizenship for their trouble. The cost of taking care of illegal aliens costs more than the Iraq War…and this is wrong. If I am racist for protesting the rights of legal over illegal, then I am racist.
    and...

[quote]Ms. SCHULKEN:

I read your article in which you state: “An estimated 380,000 illegal immigrants live in North Carolina. It's true they broke the law to come here. It's true they put pressure on our publicly funded law enforcement, public schools and health care resources. But they also perform jobs that are vital to our economy – and our communities. Most of those jobs are hard, dirty, repetitive and dangerous. That's why most of us don't want to do them. Honestly? This change in our demographics is here, whether we want it or not. We need to take a deep breath and stop letting fear lead the way we respond politically and culturallyâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am really sorry that the Charlotte Observer allowed you to post this article in their paper. I grew up in South Carolina reading this paper all my life until I moved to California in 1967. I dont know how old you are but it seems that you do not know what is happening in our United States. And is seems you do not know who William Gheen really is and what he is really trying to do for our country. Several members of my family have written for different newspapers and they would never write anything like what you wrote. My father worked for a newspaper when I was growing up.

You obviously dont know what is really happening by allowing illegal immigrants to take over our country. You obviously dont realize that it is costing me and you our freedom. How dare you call him racist. That has nothing to do with what Bill Gheen is trying to do for all of us. The last thing he is is a racist. You obviously know nothing about the history of the world much less the history of the United States.

I would only hope they fire you!!!!! Whoever allowed you to publish your hatred should also be fired. I dont read the Observer anymore as I am three thousand miles away so I am not familiar with the politics of the paper.... but I am saddened that it has come to letting people like you publish anything.

sincerely,
    and...

I guess in Ms. Schulken's mind anyone who is anti illegal immigration is a racist. Well, I have news for her. No one is against legal immigration, but the majority of legal Americans are against illegal immigration and those people who break US laws. Her remarks about Mr. Gheen should be immediately retracted and she should be removed from her position. She is a writer with an agenda and has stated totally false accusations against Mr. Gheen's character and what he stands for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Charlotte Observer article

Here is my response to Schulken's attack. I doubt seriously they will publish it as I am from Illinois.

Mary Schulken's piece "This tide of meanness needs to stop" is wrong in so many areas. "Americans for Legal Immigration" does not push anti-immigrant legislation. Schulken knows everything that ALIPAC pushes regards "illegal" aliens. She shows the continued prejudice against citizens who only want their laws enforced and their standard of living protected.

She is correct regarding "subtle" bigotry, but wrong on who receives it. The bigotry is aimed at the elderly and veteran citizens who do not receive proper health care while illegals receive it for free. The legal citizens who not only have to pay for their children's education but also for the illegals are also the victims of the bigotry.

She obviously has not read the latest US Civil Rights Commission article written by Vernon Briggs regarding jobs. He directly ties the illegals to the 16-32% unemployment of low skilled 16-19 year olds, and the 7.3-8.9% unemployment rate of low skilled workers over 25. They are also the victims of her "subtle" bigotry as illegals steal those jobs.

Her last statement is the most illuminating: "This change in our demographics is here, whether we want it or not. We need to take a deep breath and stop letting fear lead the way we respond politically and culturally." We do NOT have to accept gangs taking over our neighborhoods. We do NOT have to accept drug dealers in the streets. We do NOT have to allow sex predators in our schools. And we certainly do NOT have to allow illegals reducing our standard of living in every aspect of our lives.

More keep rolling in. i never expected people would respond to this level.

Ms. Schulken, As a concerned American citizen, I find your article on June 5, 2008 in the Charlotte Observer regarding William Gheen offensive, unjust, and dangerous. We are a nation of laws. Our borders must be secured. Legal immigrants are enthusiastically welcomed into the United States of America.Your article is full of lies and deceit. The real threat to our nation are people like you who distort the facts and further instigate hate crimes.I am very frustrated and angry that the media, such as yourself, plays such a role in instigating lies. Mr.Gheen is not a racist. I am angry and frustrated that the liberal media continue to throw the "race card" whenever someone has a different opinion or position. Media should be about the facts Ms. Schulken such as the crime rate explosion and gangs; the burden on our hospitals and school systems; the unemployment rate; identity theft...all facts specifically relating to the ILLEGAL immigration problem in our country. Mr.Gheen's patriotism or cause certainly is not in question...yours on the other hand, is definitely in question. Your article is inexcusable and you owe Mr. Gheen an apology!
    WOW! Mary Schulken needs to heed her own words regarding meanness!

From my exposure to William Gheen through ALIPAC and understanding of what he is trying to accomplish...this organization isn't against immigrants per se, it's against ILLIGAL immigrants. "Illigal" meaning forbidden by law or statute. So if something (or someone) is illegal, do we just ignore the violation? It would seem that that's the stand Ms. Schulken takes...Ms. Schulken, who is an employee of, and therefore a reflection of, the Charlotte Observer. It would also seem that the stand ALIPAC takes is on the side of the law. What's wrong with this picture?

How can Ms. Schulken attack someone as viciously as she has Mr. Gheen without proof. And what proof does she have for such a vicious accusation. I'm shocked and amazed that the publisher and editor of the Charlotte Observer would tolerate such an article as the one written by Mary Schulken, and I would hope that an honest publication of what Mr. Gheen and ALIPAC actually do would be forthcoming immediately.

Dear Ms. Schulkens,

I'll make this short and simple - I believe your recent commentary about William Gheen and those of us who are trying to stand up for the "rule of law" in this country was both disgraceful and factually wrong. Take for example, Harvard Professor George Borjas recent study on lost wages caused by illegal immigration.

I suggest you take some time to do your homework before you speak again regarding a subject you seem to know nothing factual about.

Like most people with your leanings, with very little facts to back your position, you reach for the only tired rhetoric you have, more name calling. I thought you would had known better, but sadly I was wrong.

A very disappointed,

William,

I think a lot of people in our movement have experienced or understand what it is like to be attacked by the press and called a racist.

Frankly, this attack is the worst I've ever seen from a professional reporter. Of course, I expect that kind of name calling from a free blog but not a newspaper.

Dixie

From our dear friend and ally Tony Dolz...

[quote]“This tide of meanness needs to stopâ€

That's a great one from Tony.

I do believe the press enjoys dividing and separating us all into groups and/or categories. Wouldn't want the masses to unify, harder to control.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is what Rush Limbaugh means when he calls the press [b]“The Drive-By Mediaâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

April
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    That's a great one from Tony.

I do believe the press enjoys dividing and separating us all into groups and/or categories. Wouldn't want the masses to unify, harder to control.
    I agree completely Jean, they don't realize in essense something this unfair does unify us even more! United WE STAND!!!

Schulken is going regret that she even tried this pathetic and evil attack!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast