Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh
    Aside from the Bush meeting, there is more news that the scamnesty crew is still hard at work. Today I heard Senator Kyl on the Hugh Hewitt radio show giving details about how he will improve the Flake-Gutierrez Bill in the House of Representatives, H.R. 1645, aka "STRIVE."
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=67458

Also, when I called Kyl's office to thank him for voting no on cloture, his staffer immediately said that Kyl is not finished and that he is continuing to push for the passage of S. 1348. He wanted to preach to me about it but I told him I already know Kyl's views.

Duh
    Duh

LegalUSCitizen: Think rationally, not emotionally. There is not much press on this issue in the media -- don't we find that odd? Except for Lou Dobbs show at 6 EST, there has been little airplay aside from the plain-vanilla talk over the facts of the bill being 'defeated'.

The one article that has been posted here ran through the AP. The author said that all of the GOP who spoke with Fox News said they were confident that they'd quasi-resurrect this bill. Reading the article, the only names mentioned were the very Senators who helped write this Bill: Spectre, Kyl, Kennedy, Graham, et al.

Watch for the spins, not all facts are being presented. This is what BIAS is all about and most of mainstream media is presenting the liberal paid-for viewpoints.

Take the next day or three and prepare the next round of ammo. We do need to get full descriptions and listings of all Amendments that were presented. We also need to know who voted for each amendment.

Don't be psyched-out right now. That's giving them the upper hand. We have the numbers -- WE THE PEOPLE ARE A BIG GROUP! More and more people have caught on to the sham of amnesty. Remember, this is exactly what Reid and Kennedy did NOT want -- they don't want to buy time, they want the Bill rushed through. Too many Senators see this is what's being done and if they want to remain Senators, they will not side with the secretive "mission" going on.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Can we verify this with a link? Where's W.?
    TexasCowGirl, I wish I needed to see a link.....but I don't, I heard it right out of Jon Kyl's mouth on the radio driving home from work tonight.

They are ready, willing and able and DETERMINED to go for it again.

They are even already in the back room "working" on it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush hates America so much, he will do anything to punish us for stopping that bill ...I bet that is the reason he got sick last night. The man is just plain evil!

I hope you're right, Lynn.....but I think you will know for sure very soon, that there are certain people who just refuse to accept NO for an answer. I think you will hear it soon, very soon. I sure did, and I know whoever was listening to Jon Kyl with Hugh Hewitt tonight would likely agree.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Remember in all phone calls to demand what the American people want: Secured borders. Enforcement of existing immigration laws. No amnesty.

Heard today that anything they do besides deportation and removal of benefits and employer sanctions is AMNESTY because this was the law when the illegals entered the country and they cannot change the penalty by giving them a fine, etc...In other words, giving illegals and their employers any thing other than what existing law dictates is 'amnesty'.

Legal, I do believe the Bill is going to come back soon. I just don't believe that the Bill will stand as is, nor do I think that Bush will convince Republicans (and the Dems, and also Bernie Sanders, an Independent) to pass the Bill as a 'favor' for him.

I envision this Bill to become a large bandaid-strapped pile of words and that if it is not studied and read VERY carefully, words will cancel words and loopholes will be born. I think the entire Bill should be scrapped and they should begin again, without trying to address everything in one package, so to speak. I think "Comprehensive" was not a smart move.

Sessions and other Senators realize this Bill is a train-wreck of words and empty promises, and will probably continue to fight this Bill with their persuasive way. Some of our allies are using factual proof that the Bill is unsound. We need to keep writing and calling -- our voices have really been heard, and we surely can't let up now.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Well, according to Jon Kyl they are going to try to add more enforcement measures for the Republicans and in return he said that they would have to make concessions to the Democrats on chain migration.

Calls

Do we need to keep up the calls. I heard one of the Senators say on the radio " We are going forward with this bill and will pass it with President Bush's help..

Do we need to KEEP CALLING?
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

jecg, you can get a list of the Senators on Lou Dobb's website under "Write to Congress." I put them in my favorites so they're handy when I want them.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast