Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

*AMENDEMENTS THAT MIGHT BREAK THE SENATE BILL*

June 4th, 2007.
    Univison reports that 14 amendements might break the bipartisan support of the senate immigration bill. Two of them were mentioned. One sponsored by Sen. Cornyn of Texas, that will bar any illegal who entered illegaly or who used or is using fake documents, from receiving a Z visa. (That will leave only those illegals who overstayed their visas and did not use fake documents).
    The other bill mentioned is one sponsored by Sen. Menendez of New Jersey. His bill would change the deadline of those who want to petition to bring in their parents and siblings from Jan. 2005 to Jan. 2007. The importance of this amnendement is that Sen. Kyl has said on the record, that if the Menendez bill passes, he will pull out his support of the entire senate bill. If Kyl pulls out, other Republican senators will pull out as well due to Kyl's leadership in the Republican senate. In short, the Menendez bil is the poison pill amendement that we are all hoping for.

Hi there LawEnforcer...

Just as an FYI, you can catch a few of those comments made by Menendez, etc. in my thread summarizing the debate from the Senate from earlier today here:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=66611

(Yes, I know it's not an official transcript - far from it. Just my humble attempt to give some coverage to the ongoing stuff for those that can't tune in directly from the web or the tube itself...)

Actually, I'm glad you mentioned this, you just reminded me to go back and add some comments and explanation to the discussions that took place there today....(thanx).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Veeeeeeery interesting things are afoot.

Yes indeed Sam. While there is certainly a lot of misinformation and disinformation being spread (by the proponents of the crappy bill), what has probably gone understated is the heat from those that would like to support the bill, but feel it doesn't go far enough for their liking.

This resistance is rearing it's head in two basic areas:

1. Chain migration - a 'pet' area to the LaRaza, LULAC, and other ethnic lobby groups that want to allow families to 're-unite' within the US - regardless of however the IA arrived here...

2. Business groups resent the limitation being placed on new GW programs AND the additional paperwork, and to a lesser extent, the greater processing fees for bringing in new H1Bs in the future.

So, Chain Migration and GW-related programs are the sticking points for the more extreme immigration advocates. We should exploit this weakness or lack of consensus to our benefit (still thinking how....)

...All just IMHO, BTW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)