Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Working on this! Have already called Allard and Menendez!
    Menendez phone line is OPEN!!!!!! Keep calling!
    Just called Maines Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins offices.
    I called two town offices on each (I don't have free long distance anymore), none of the 4 people answering the phones knew of the E-Verification System... Geeze.
    I gave them the bill number and the one Menendez is pushing and 1 is going to get back to me!

I will call Menendez now
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Just got this ,but have allready called my 2 dingbats and rieds office I also called pelosis office and left a nice comment for her and her antics.

Gonna hit up hussien and mcamnestys offices plus as many as I can call into besides them.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

working4change
    Been working on this on and off all day. Will keep calling and faxing

Too many snotty aides!! Many don't know the answers to questions. This is very worrisome. Who the heck to Menedez and Lofgren think they are??? I'll keep calling.

'Worst' Job Reports from Feds Today, But Sen. Menendez and Rep. Lofgren Fight for Hundreds of Thousands More Foreign Workers

By Roy Beck, Friday, August 1, 2008, 1:17 PM

The U.S. Department of Labor today announced some of the worst stats on the fate of American workers in years while Sen. Menendez of New Jersey and Rep. Lofgren of California fought to import hundreds of thousands of additional foreign workers. This morning, Rep. Lofgren shoved her foreign worker bill through the House immigration panel, not allowing amendments to protect American workers; Sen. Menendez last night introduced his bill for 550,000 more foreign workers while continuing to hold hostage a bill to re-authorize the E-Verify system to keep illegal foreign workers from taking Americans' jobs.

Why would any politician possibly think it is good politics to increase foreign labor importation over its already unprecedented high level at the same time that the Labor Department was announcing:

* Nonfarm payrolls fell for the 7th straight month.
    * Since December, 463,000 American jobs have been lost.
    * The official unemployment rate now stands at a four-year high.
    * The average work week for Americans is now down to 33.6 hours -- an all-time low.

What insanity could cause the Senate to allow Sen. Menendez to hold up E-Verify authorization because he wants to bring in 550,000 more permanent foreign workers?

Rep. Lofgren has a history of callous behavior toward American workers, but her actions this morning put her on some kind of Olympic level for insensitivity.

If anybody ever doubted that the immigration issue causes a lot of leaders and elites to suffer from a form of mental illness, today should make believers of us all!

The phone number for the Senate switchboard is 202-224-3121 and the phone number for the House switchboard is 202-225-3121.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just 'met' Lofgren this week on Dobbs. I found her unbelievably disagreeable. Rep. Steve King must have been put through hell with her on that committee.

Emergency: Menendez Visa Giveaway Still a Threat as Senate Winds Down Business

Updated Friday, August 1, 2008, 1:00 PM

Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.)

Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) is still holding hostage E-Verify reauthorization legislation in the Senate until he gets 500,000 additional permanent foreign worker visas. These are simple "skilled" visas, where an individual doesn't need any specialized training or education (other than two years of college). As such, the legislation would keep a half-million Americans out of work. Senate leadership is considering taking up the E-Verify reauthorization bill today before members depart for summer recess, so Senators are negotiating with Menendez in order to reach an accommodation. Meanwhile in the House yesterday, the House Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee passed by an 8-1 margin legislation (H.R. 5882) that mirrors the Menendez visa giveaway plan. See Roy Beck's blog concerning the wrongheaded efforts in Congress.
    Senate Action

Senator Menendez is holding the reauthorization of E-Verify hostage until Congress submits to his demand to drastically increase the number of permanent, employment-based visas to be made available to U.S. employers seeking to import foreign workers to permanently take American jobs. He claims that he would do this by “recapturing unusedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just called Menendez' office and got sent to voice mail since 'all the staff were busy'. Cound not leave a message, his voice mail box was FULL.

JAK
    Too many snotty aides!!
    Sure is! McCains office hung up on me and I called back and told him I didn't appreciate being hung up on! Then I gave him my message and told him if he voted for this he would lose my vote! (not that he is getting it anyway! )
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

JAK
    Have called and emailed several senators, including my own.

Such TRAITORS! I wish Americans would throw them out of office instead of re-electing these bums!...THEIVES is more like it!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Feinstein's and Boxer's phones busy. Had to wait. Boxer's office listened even checked on status of the bills. Gave them my opinion and businesses I spoke to that use E-verify and they won't be happy. Quiet, listened. Gave them names, and in the end I said "who are the Democrats pimping for today." Quiet. I said would you please pass that along to the Senator, he said he would.

Phones must be very busy today.

Feinstein's office said, Menendez has the right to do that as a Senator. I said, "OH come on, are you telling me that Senator Feinstein has absolutely no influence on him or any other Democrat Senator? The make deals all the time. I was born at night but not last night."

Faxes going through easily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast