Like Tree6Likes

Thread: [Full Interview] Colbert to Trump: You Sound a Lot Like My ‘Over-the-Top Conservative

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[Full Interview] Colbert to Trump: You Sound a Lot Like My ‘Over-the-Top Conservative

[Full Interview] Colbert to Trump: You Sound a Lot Like My ‘Over-the-Top Conservative’ Character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqVGE1hAHA

wow, Colbert did not tear into him and the audience was very warm to Mr. Trump!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trump talks border wall, not birther issue with Colbert

Cooper Allen, USA TODAY 8:04 a.m. EDT September 23, 2015

Donald Trump defended his plan to build a border wall and even weighed in on the “pizza rat,” but he wasn’t interested in discussing whether he believed President Obama was a natural-born U.S. citizen during an appearance on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" Tuesday night.

Trump, the current Republican presidential front-runner, was once the birther movement’s most vocal champion. But when Colbert asked him what he called “a big fat meatball” question of whether the president was born in the United States, Trump responded: “I don’t talk about it anymore.”

“You know that meatball is now being dragged down the steps of a subway by a rat right now,” Colbert said, referencing the “pizza rat” viral video from this week. “You missed the meatball.”

“I saw that rat,” Trump said. “That was not pretty,” adding that he preferred to focus now on issues like jobs and caring for veterans rather than whether Obama was a natural-born citizen.

Trump was keen to discuss his proposed border wall along the U.S.-Mexican border that has become the cornerstone of his campaign, and he echoed comments he’s made frequently on the campaign trail. “We have to have a wall. We have to have a border. And in that wall we’re going to have a beautiful, big fat door.” Colbert and Trump even briefly engaged in a role-playing exercise where Trump attempted to convince Colbert, playing the Mexican president, why he should pay for the wall, which is a part of the New York billionaire’s proposal.

He also weighed in on the Iran nuclear deal, which, like the rest of the GOP field, he’s sharply criticized. Colbert’s next guest happened to be Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz, a key negotiator of the agreement. Colbert asked Trump whether he’d like to sign a copy of his book "The Art of the Deal" for the secretary.

“Maybe something like, ‘Dear Ernie, better luck next time,’ ” Colbert suggested.

“I was just gonna say the same thing … but I don’t want to be a wise guy,” Trump joked.

Toward the end of their segment, Colbert referenced the character he’d depicted on his previous show, "The Colbert Report," and showed a series of provocative quotes, asking whether it was his character or Trump who said them.

“It’s freezing and snowing in New York. We need global warming!” read one.

“Well I think it’s you, but it’s close to being me,” Trump said.

It was Trump.

Trump was the latest presidential hopeful to appear on Colbert’s opening weeks at the helm of The Late Show. Former Florida governor Jeb Bush appeared on Colbert’s debut episode. Vice President Biden, who is still mulling a presidential bid, also appeared during the show’s premiere week.

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz have also been recent "Late Show" guests.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/poli...bert/72666950/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow!!!! That was a great interview! I'm so upset I missed it the other night, I didn't find out Trump was going to be on until after it was over. Thanks so much for posting this YouTube video of it, Newmexican!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I like how Trump made Colbert apologize on the air for prior nastiness on his show. If I had to guess Id say that was probably a precondition for Trump to appear.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)