Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ‘BEST IMMIGRATION SPEECH WE’VE EVER SEEN’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

‘BEST IMMIGRATION SPEECH WE’VE EVER SEEN’

Expert praises Trump’s Phoenix address

Published: 4 hours ago
    PAUL BREMMER

During his major immigration speech in Phoenix this week, GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump did not promise to round up and deport all of the illegal immigrants currently in the country.

But he is not going soft, according to one leading immigration expert; he is simply growing more mature as a messenger.

“The tone was Trumpish as usual, but the substance was, I’d have to say, the best immigration speech we’ve ever seen from a major party presidential candidate,” said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies. “His speech was a welcome note of organization and a coordinated policy proposal.”

Krikorian pointed out deporting all 11 million illegal immigrants was never part of Trump’s immigration platform in the first place, based on his campaign website. It’s just as well, in Krikorian’s view.

“That was never going to happen anyway,” Krikorian told WND. “It’s a fantasy policy; no immigration restrictionists had ever called for that in any case. It’s impractical just as a logistical matter, it’s politically unsustainable, it’s just not going to happen.”

Krikorian asserted most of what Trump did talk about is not, or should not, be controversial. Ending catch-and-release, blocking funding for sanctuary cities, enforcing existing immigration laws, and prioritizing criminal aliens and security threats for deportation should be common-sense steps to combat the illegal immigration problem.

Furthermore, Krikorian said Trump’s declaration that the well-being of the American people is the core issue in the immigration debate should be met with a collective “Duh!”

“The government of a democratic society has no right to make policy on any basis other than the interests of the citizens of that country,” he proclaimed. “It’s almost self-evident, and if somebody a little less inflammatory than Trump were saying it, I think a lot more people would be receptive to the idea.”

Indeed, Krikorian worries Trump’s delivery may be problematic for some voters who would otherwise support his policy proposals.

“There are at least some people who would find the particulars of his speech appealing, but who might be turned off by the messenger, and so the question is are there enough people who are willing to see past the messenger?” he asked.

Jesse Lee Peterson, a radio host, WND columnist and founder of the nonprofit Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny (BOND), thinks black Americans will be willing to see past the messenger.

Peterson, a leader in the black community, believes a president who will build a wall and deport criminal aliens is just what his fellow African Americans need.

“Illegal aliens have had a major negative impact on the black community, especially here in California, Arizona and other areas,” Peterson told WND. “They have brought in crime, they’ve brought in gang members who are supported by drug lords, they are taking jobs away from blacks, day labor work, they have caused blacks to leave their own communities.”

Peterson, author of “The Antidote: Healing America From the Poison of Hate, Blame, and Victimhood,” said most blacks in his hometown of Los Angeles live in the same neighborhoods as illegal Hispanic aliens and hate them.

“The aliens hate the blacks, and the blacks hate them back because the blacks are feeling the pressure of being pushed out of their own communities,” he said. “Hardly a day goes by when there is not a fight between black students and Hispanic students in the public school system in this area.”

During his speech, Trump trotted out his now-routine declaration that we will build a wall along the Southern border and Mexico will pay for it. Krikorian finds that particular Trump chestnut to be slightly off-putting.

“I just find that kind of silly, honestly,” he confessed. “First of all, Mexico’s not going to pay for it. That part I do kind of object to. It’s part of his brand now, so he can’t just dump it, but it’s silly.

“The wall in general I don’t object to, but I think too much emphasis is put on it, because we’re going to get a lot more bang for our buck in the other things that he mentioned in the speech, things like E-Verify, worksite enforcement, visa tracking, making sure legal visitors leave when they’re supposed to leave, since that’s now the main source of illegal immigration, not the border.”

Krikorian said he was encouraged by Trump’s comments early in the speech regarding the “close friendship” between the U.S. and Mexico, as well as Trump’s visit to Mexico earlier that day. The immigration expert believes the U.S. and Mexico, as neighbors, must maintain a good relationship because their destinies are tied together in some ways. Furthermore, Mexico will be more willing to cooperate on border control if it maintains a solid friendship with the U.S.

“It really is important that immigration restriction not be an anti-Mexican initiative,” Krikorian insisted. “Mexico is the most important country in the world to us, after Canada…. It’s especially important that a nationalist campaign like Trump’s makes clear that being pro-American does not mean you have to be anti-Mexican.”

http://www.wnd.com/2016/09/best-immi...eve-ever-seen/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a great well-written fact-based article about Trump and his immigration plan!!

Thank you Paul Bremmer!! Thank you very very much!

FIX OUR ILLEGAL and EXCESS IMMIGRATION PROBLEM!!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Krikorian pointed out deporting all 11 million illegal immigrants was never part of Trump’s immigration platform in the first place, based on his campaign website. It’s just as well, in Krikorian’s view.

“That was never going to happen anyway,” Krikorian told WND. “It’s a fantasy policy; no immigration restrictionists had ever called for that in any case. It’s impractical just as a logistical matter, it’s politically unsustainable, it’s just not going to happen.”

This is just not true. The controversy was over "mass deportation", the notion that, somehow, all of a sudden, there was going to be a huge sweep of illegals nationwide. That was just ridiculous and provocative. Such a move would be a huge source of social disorder and would certainly lead to civil problems. Trump has very carefully explained that he fully intends to deport illegal immigrants. Any strategy for ending illegal immigration that does not include deporting illegals already here is doomed to failure. Every opportunity that we allow for some illegal immigrants to stay is bound to become a plan for those planning to immigrate illegally. What could be more obvious?
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump is going to deport all illegal aliens. He's also going to do it quickly, but according to law and priorities. Common sense.

The complete text of this speech can be found at this forum post:

http://www.alipac.us/f12/trump%92s-i...3/#post1515937

Quoted from that speech:

Number Five: Cancel Unconstitutional Executive Orders & Enforce All Immigration Laws

We will immediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties, in which he defied federal law and the constitution to give amnesty to approximately 5 million illegal immigrants.

Hillary Clinton has pledged to keep both of these illegal amnesty programs – including the 2014 amnesty which has been blocked by the Supreme Court. Clinton has also pledged to add a third executive amnesty.

Clinton’s plan would trigger a Constitutional Crisis unlike almost anything we have ever seen before. In effect, she would be abolishing the lawmaking powers of Congress in order to write her own laws from the Oval Office.

In a Trump Administration, all immigration laws will be enforced. As with any law enforcement activity, we will set priorities. But, unlike this Administration, no one will be immune or exempt from enforcement – and ICE and Border Patrol officers will be allowed to do their jobs. Anyone who has entered the United States illegally is subject to deportation – that is what it means to have laws and to have a country.

Our enforcement priorities will include removing criminals, gang members, security threats, visa overstays, public charges – that is, those relying on public welfare or straining the safety net, along with millions of recent illegal arrivals and overstays who’ve come here under the current Administration.
    Last edited by pkskyali; 09-04-2016 at 01:36 PM.

That works for me!! And I'm as hard-line on this as it gets.

Thanks for reposting that portion of the speech, pkskyali.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump is going to deport all illegal aliens. He's also going to do it quickly, but according to law and priorities. Common sense.
    That is not exactly what some of you guys were saying earlier. Remember, when some were pushing and saying Trump was going to deport 2 million illegals a year? Trump's new plan isn't any different than what another candidate said he was going to do. I even repeatedly responded to a couple folks on here that Trump was never going to deport 2 million a year. It never really was logistically possible, even though some thought otherwise. Funny how Trumps words change and all of the sudden it's like this was the plan all along. Well, that is not exactly what some were obviously led to believe. All I ask is that we be honest about everything and halt the fantasy and hyperbole. I'll admit what Trump is offering is much better than what we've got now, but it is not exactly what some were led to believe by Trump or a couple folks around here. Regardless of what's been said, I'm still not convinced he won't eventually offer an illegal alien amnesty. However, unless he comes right out and says he's going to amnesty millions of illegals, I'll still vote on him come November because there is no better option. No doubt my enthusiasm has been tempered by the many inconsistencies I've heard over the past year.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    That is not exactly what some of you guys were saying earlier. Remember, when some were pushing and saying Trump was going to deport 2 million illegals a year? Trump's new plan isn't any different than what another candidate said he was going to do. I even repeatedly responded to a couple folks on here that Trump was never going to deport 2 million a year. It never really was logistically possible, even though some thought otherwise. Funny how Trumps words change and all of the sudden it's like this was the plan all along. Well, that is not exactly what some were obviously led to believe. All I ask is that we be honest about everything and halt the fantasy and hyperbole. I'll admit what Trump is offering is much better than what we've got now, but it is not exactly what some were led to believe by Trump or a couple folks around here. Regardless of what's been said, I'm still not convinced he won't eventually offer an illegal alien amnesty. However, unless he comes right out and says he's going to amnesty millions of illegals, I'll still vote on him come November because there is no better option. No doubt my enthusiasm has been tempered by the many inconsistencies I've heard over the past year.
    What I said, MW, was that if we acknowledge the rights of state and local law enforcement to enforce US immigration law, we can deport 20 million illegal aliens in 2 years or less. You may remember my mathematical proof of this fact which I posted numerous, numerous times (which surprises me that you confuse 10 million a year with 2 million):

There are 800,000 state and local law enforcement officers in the US, sworn, trained, paid, insured, equipped and ready to go who currently on average make 1.5 arrests per month, according to FBI statistics. If they increase their arrests per month to include 1 illegal alien per month for 24 months, that's 19,200,000 illegal aliens and if they arrest 2 illegal aliens in 1 month of that period, that's 20 million illegal aliens arrested, verified, detained and ready for federal deportation in 2 years or less.

The reason this will move must quicker is because it's rare to find a lone 1 illegal alien at a time, since they are usually in groups, at home, at work, in vehicles, in stores, in public, in groups and many of the 1.5 arrests per month they are making now already includes quite a large number of illegal aliens.

Some have said that states will want to be paid, well, that is actually quite silly, because they are already paid by states, cities and counties. I have no objection to paying them, but why would you pay someone again, who is already being paid? That's silly.

Some have said that some states and cities will refuse to participate. Well, that would mean they're establishing "sanctuary cities" and could lose federal payments, assuming Congress passes such a law or it's determined that they are in effect violating US immigration law by aiding and abetting illegal aliens by granting them "sanctuary" instead of arresting them.

Some have said this is not possible. Well, everything is possible in the United States, and it is certainly possible that a police officer can increase their monthly arrest average from 1.5 per month by 1 by arresting 1 illegal alien per month to help their jurisdiction, their communities, their counties, their state and our nation solve this horrible problem.

MW
    Such fantasy could never be realized because, unfortunately, not every law enforcement agency in the country shares our enthusiasm for going after and getting rid of illegal immigrants. Immigration law is federal law and as such is the responsibility of the federal government. If every law enforcement agency, city council, governor, and mayor in the country had the mindset of someone like Sheriff Arpaio, perhaps such a scheme would work. However, that is not the case and under our form of republic government it would be an impossibility.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is old and tiresome, MW. You claim you want mass deportations then spit on the most feasible way to achieve it.

And for that, you get a big YUUUUGE:

"WHATEVER"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast