Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ‘I Have a Dream’ Speechwriter: Illegal Aliens Unworthy of MLK’s Legacy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

‘I Have a Dream’ Speechwriter: Illegal Aliens Unworthy of MLK’s Legacy

Stand With Arizona
    By John Hill on August 28, 2013 in Blog, Opinion

‘I Have a Dream’ Speechwriter: Illegal Aliens Unworthy of MLK’s Legacy

Above: La Raza protesters hijacking MLK’s legacy for a cause he would vehemently oppose, said his top aide and speechwriter.
    -
    As the nation recognizes the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s I Have A Dream speech, advocates for illegal aliens have attempted to hijack the legacy of MLK in order to attack the new law.

Janet Murguia of the National Council of La Raza (“The Race”), speaking at the Realize the Dream March and Rally days before the 50th anniversary of King’s speech, Murguia said, “We march so that everyone knows that true justice must include enacting comprehensive immigration reform.”

She also said Americans should march for illegal immigrants who live “in the shadows” and who “live in fear every day of their lives because they are undocumented.” Murguia also called on Americans to march for the so-called DREAMers whose “status,” she said, prevents them from achieving the American dream. Murguia said Hispanics knew Martin Luther King “was talking to us” when they listened to King’s speech.

Clarissa Martinez de Castro, the director of immigration policy for the La Raza, said that the effort to push through amnesty for tens of millions of illegal lawbreakers was equivalent to American citizen Blacks’ struggle for full civil rights. “At the core, we are talking about the same thing,” said de Castro, “This is a conversation about the value of a person. It was the core of the conversation then, and it is the core of the conversation now.”

But according to a man who was closer to Martin Luther King Jr. than perhaps any other person, the La Raza goons are full of bunk.
    Clarence B. Jones, former personal counsel, advisor, close friend, and Dr. King’s speechwriter for the I Have a Dream speech, said that King would vehemently oppose the cause of amnesty for illegal aliens, and would be offended at the comparison of phony rights for lawbreakers to civil rights for oppressed citizen Blacks.

In his book, What Would Martin Say, Jones said:
    What would Martin say to illegal aliens? He’d say, “If you’re in this country illegally, have you come here in order to protest what you consider an ‘unjust law?’ If you haven’t, then for whatever other reason you’re here, even if it’s to make money for your sick child, which is as good a reason as there is, then you’re just violating the immigration laws of this country and deserve no more consideration from the authorities than does a thief.

To politicians who pander cravenly to the illegal immigration lobby, Jones said Dr. King would say:
    You were elected to do what’s right by your American constituents, whether or not they line your pockets with reelection donations. Please, before you make it easier for the unfortunate of other countries to come here, consider the cost of your actions on the less fortunate of the country whose Constitution you’ve sworn to uphold.”

Despite many “church” leaders now embracing amnesty, Jones said King would lambaste businessmen who put cheap illegal labor above what was moral:
    To businesses who knowingly hire illegal aliens or choose not to know, Martin would say what he preached to the congregation at Ebenezer Baptist while still a student. He’d say, “We do not have to look very far to see the tragic consequences which develop when men worship the almighty dollar. First it causes men to be more concerned about making a living than making a life.”

Last Saturday, Janet Murguia of La Raza cited MLK’s support of labor leader Cesar Chavez, without noting that Chavez himself strongly opposed illegal immigration. Jones reminds us of this:
    An example that Chavez cited frequently, and Martin would agree with, is the wink-wink-nudge-nudge open border that allowed countless numbers of illegal immigrants to flood across and either take or undermine jobs done by Americans, especially brown and black Americans.

Jones even challenges Blacks who have turned a blind eye or even advocated the “rights” of illegal aliens, despite how illegals have devastated Black communities with job losses and crime:
    To Black Americans who have seen their jobs taken, and schools overtaken, he would say: “Why have you stood silently and turned the other way as though the fight belonged to someone else and not you, and the damage being done was not harming you?”
    And to the leaders of the black community who claim to have the interests of their people at heart, he’d say: “Brothers, if half a dozen white men had executed some of our young black brothers, you would have been on the next plane and turned this mass murder into a 24/7 cable news show….(W)hy aren’t you doing the same wherever young men who have no legal right to be in this country gun down young black men whose ancestors have been on this soil for hundreds of years. In other words, why are you not in every city insisting that the police be allowed to enforce the laws? How many pieces of silver from political grievance groups that advocate for illegal immigration has it taken to buy your silence? Oh, and how much extra does it cost for you to do nothing when your people lose their jobs?”

Powerful words, from the man who wrote the powerful speech we remember on this day. Let us also remember how the illegitimate drive for amnesty for illegal alien lawbreakers has nothing to do with the crucial fight for Black civil rights championed by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

And to even suggest they are the same is a despicable insult to all Black Americans.

Shame on you, Marguia, de Castro and Gutierrez.

http://standwitharizona.com/blog/201...f-mlks-legacy/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas, Arlington; founder of La Raza Unida political party; and beneficiary of American generosity:

"We have an aging white America. . . . They are dying. . . . They are ******** in their pants with fear! I love it!" "We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

AZTLAN LEADER QUOTES
    "While I am saying this half serious and half joking, I think we are practicing la reconquista in California."
    ~ Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General, Feb 2002.

"I have proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders and that Mexican migrants are an important - a very important - part of this."
    ~ Ernesto Zedillo, Former President of Mexico, speaking in Chicago, July 23, 1997.

"Mexico extends beyond its borders."
    ~ Vicente Fox, Current President of Mexico, speaking to a gathering in Milwaukee in July of 2001

"California is going to be a Hispanic State and anyone who doesn't like it should leave. They should go back to Europe."
    ~ Mario Obledo, President of the Californian Coalition of Hispanic Organisations, June 1998

"Our devil has pale skin and blue eyes..." "To the gringos in the audience, I have one final message to convey, 'Up yours, baby. You've had it, from now on.' "
    ~ Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas.

"We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population... I love it. They are sh!tting in their pants with fear. I love it.... We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."
    ~ Jose Angel Gutierrez, professor, University of Texas.

"Remember 187 (proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non citizens) was the last gasp of white America in California."
    ~ Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party in front of 400 cheering Latinos at U.C. Riverside on January 14, 1995.

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos... non-Latinos aren't watching, they aren't raising questions"
    ~ Fernando Guerra, professor, Loyola Marymount

"Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. .. Through love of having children, we are going to take over."
    ~ Augustin Cebeda, of the 'Brown Berets', a militant Aztlan group at a violent rally in Los Angeles on July 4, 2000.

"Fair housing agencies report a surge in discrimination by immigrant landlords from many nations who refuse to rent outside their ethnic group."
    ~ Reported in Los Angeles Times, Nov. 21 2001.

"In an extraordinary political move, President Vicente Fox has announced the formation of a cabinet level agency to govern, protect and provide services to over 20 million Mexicans now living in Aztlan, a territory encompassing most of the southwest part of the USA. President Fox declared yesterday that he will personally lead the new agency he named "Consejo Nacional para las Comunidades Mexicanas en el Exterior" (National Council for Mexican Communities Abroad). The "Council" will consist of the president, most of the cabinet secretaries and a, as of yet unnamed, representative from Aztlan. This is a bold move that essentially extends the arm of the Mexican government into the territories it previously lost during the Mexican-American War of 1848."
    ~ Reported in "La Voz de Aztlan", August 7, 2002.

"We have Nicaragua, soon we will have El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Mexico. One day, tomorrow or five years or fifteen years from now, we're going to take 5 to 10 million Mexicans and they are going into Dallas, into El Paso, into Houston, into New Mexico, into San Diego, and each one will have embedded in his mind the idea of killing ten Americans."
    ~Thomas Borge, Nicaragua Interior Minister as quoted in the Washington Times, March 27, 1985
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME View Post
    [A]ccording to a man who was closer to Martin Luther King Jr. than perhaps any other person, the La Raza goons are full of bunk. Clarence B. Jones, former personal counsel, advisor, close friend, and Dr. King’s speechwriter for the I Have a Dream speech, said that King would vehemently oppose the cause of amnesty for illegal aliens, and would be offended at the comparison of phony rights for lawbreakers to civil rights for oppressed citizen Blacks.

In his book, What Would Martin Say, Jones said:
    What would Martin say to illegal aliens? He’d say, “If you’re in this country illegally, have you come here in order to protest what you consider an ‘unjust law?’ If you haven’t, then for whatever other reason you’re here, even if it’s to make money for your sick child, which is as good a reason as there is, then you’re just violating the immigration laws of this country and deserve no more consideration from the authorities than does a thief.

Clarence Jones is my kind of guy - black, white, red, green, or yellow.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade