Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

From ‘What Difference Does It Make?’ To Biggest Regret: Clinton To Rewrite History

From ‘What Difference Does It Make?’ To Biggest Regret: Clinton To Rewrite History Ahead Of 2016

January 28, 2014 by Sam Rolley

UPI FILE

As buzz of a possible Hillary Clinton Presidential bid in 2016 amplifies, the former Secretary of State is working to make America forget her indignant “what difference does it make” response to questions about the loss of American life that occurred under her watch at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in 2012.
    During a recent keynote appearance before the National Automobile Dealers Association in New Orleans, Clinton said that her biggest regret of her tenure as the Nation’s top diplomat was the Benghazi terror attack.
    “My biggest, you know, regret is what happened in Benghazi,” Clinton said
    “It was a terrible tragedy, losing four Americans, two diplomats, and now it’s public, so I can say two CIA operatives. Losing an ambassador like Chris Stevens, who was one of our very best and had served in Libya and across the Middle East and spoke Arabic,” she said.
    “I mean, you know, you make these choices based on imperfect information,” she said. “And you make them to, as we say, the best of your ability. But that doesn’t mean that there’s not going to be unforeseen consequences, unpredictable twists and turns.”
    The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s recently released report on the attacks absolved Clinton of any failures leading up and in response to the Benghazi attacks. The report concluded that the attack was preventable and cited some shortcomings in State Department policy — but Clinton’s name appears only once in the document, thanks to an addendum included by Republicans.
    Republican Senators Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, Richard Burr of North Carolina, Jim Risch of Idaho, Dan Coats of Indiana, Marco Rubio of Florida and Tom Coburn of Oklahoma asserted in the addendum: “Ultimately, however, the final responsibility for security at diplomatic facilities lies with the former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. At the end of the day, she was responsible for ensuring the safety of all Americans serving in our diplomatic facilities. Her failure to do so clearly made a difference in the lives of the four murdered Americans and their families.”
    Now that the Congressional investigation is behind her, Clinton’s remarks signal the beginning of a vigorous effort work her version of the tragedy into the American psyche before a possible Presidential bid.
    Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.), another potential 2016 contender, suggested that Clinton’s response to the Benghazi attack should disqualify her from running for President.
    “To my mind, you should never have a commander in chief who is unwilling to send in troops for reinforcement — or in the six-month period of time, did not send adequate security when it was asked for repeatedly,” Paul said. “To me, that should preclude you from ever holding high office.”

Filed Under: Conservative Politics, Liberty News, Staff Reports

http://personalliberty.com/2014/01/2...ahead-of-2016/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Hillary Clinton Tries a Difference-Making Apology: 'My Biggest Regret Is What Happened In Benghazi'

Mike Miller
    On January 28, 2014

http://mikesright.wordpress.com/

Video at the Page Link:

Speaking before the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) conference on Monday, Hillary Clinton said that her biggest regret as Secretary of State was the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi.
    In what appeared to be a setup question before an adoring crowd (it cheered when the questioner asked about her intentions in 2016), Clinton appeared eager to admit Benghazi was a regret – albeit with a caveat or two thrown in.
    QUESTION: “Any do-overs that you would — relative to Secretary of State?”
    HILLARY: “My biggest, you know, regret is what happened in Benghazi. It was a terrible tragedy, losing four Americans, two diplomats and now it’s public, so I can say two CIA operatives, losing an ambassador like Chris Stevens, who was one of our very best and had served in Libya and across the Middle East and spoke Arabic.”
    But the former Secretary of State couched her answer:
    “You make these choices based on imperfect information. And you make them to — as we say, the best of your ability. But that doesn’t mean that there’s not going to be unforeseen consequences, unpredictable twists and turns.”
    What exactly was “imperfect information” about repeated requests for additional security in Benghazi – including at least one cable from Ambassador Stevens himself? Or what Trey Gowdy called a “12-month prologue of violence” in Libya before the attack? Earlier this month, a bipartisan Senate report found that Hillary Clinton’s State Department was negligent in its denial of those requests.
    While Clinton said she “regretted” Benghazi, and earlier claimed “responsibility” for the security failure, the question still remains as to why she failed to convene the Counter-terrorism Security Group responsible for handling diplomatic emergencies. Instead, she continues to play the familiar role of innocent bystander, saying that, “Nobody wants to get answers more than I do.”
    Another major question is why Hillary Clinton lied repeatedly to the American people and to the families of the Benghazi victims about a “video” having caused a “spontaneous protest” – during a government memorial service, no less.
    We now know that Benghazi was reported to the Obama administration from the very beginningas a terrorist attack – a politically inconvenient narrative during an election season. Not to mention for an ex-Secretary of State with her eyes on the 2016 Democrat presidential nomination.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/111274-gearing-2016-hillary-says-biggest-regret-happened-benghazi/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)