Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- 03-24-2007, 10:16 AM #11
Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
Look at all the names that are assigned to "special committees" that have to deal with immigration, SPP, and NAFTA/CAFTA. These people seem to have been intentionally chosen to represent the "minority and special" interests groups, and not America as a whole.
- 03-24-2007, 10:43 AM #12
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- North Carolina
Another unbelievable provision in this bill-
There's a 3 strikes rule for drunk drivers. In other words, they can't be deported until they've had 3 drunk driving convictions and at least 1 has to be a felony, and they have to have been sentenced to at least 1 yr in prison.
This means more Americans will be slaughtered. I'm surprised they didn't include a provision to make these drunk drivers go through AA at taxpayers expense!
SEC. 214. INCREASED CRIMINAL PENALTIES RELATED TO DRUNK DRIVING.
(a) Inadmissibility- Section 212(a)(2) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(2)) is amended--
(1) by redesignating subparagraph (F) as subparagraph (J); and
(2) by inserting after subparagraph (E) the following:
`(F) DRUNK DRIVERS- Any alien who has been convicted of 3 offenses for driving under the influence and at least 1 of the offenses is a felony under Federal or State law, for which the alien was sentenced to more than 1 year imprisonment, is inadmissible.'.
(b) Deportability- Section 237(a)(2) (8 U.S.C. 1227(a)(2)) is amended by adding at the end the following:
`(F) DRUNK DRIVERS- Unless the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General waives the application of this subparagraph, any alien who has been convicted of 3 offenses for driving under the influence and at least 1 of the offenses is a felony under Federal or State law, for which the alien was sentenced to more than 1 year imprisonment, is deportable.'.
(c) Judicial Advisal-
(1) IN GENERAL- A court shall not accept a guilty plea for driving under the influence unless the court has administered to the defendant, on the record, the following adivsal:
`If you are not a citizen of the United States, you are advised that conviction for driving under the influence, including conviction by entry of any plea, even if the conviction is later expunged, may result in deportation, exclusion from admission to the United States, or denial of naturalization pursuant to the laws of the United States.'.
(2) FAILURE TO ADVISE- Upon request, the court shall allow the defendant a reasonable amount of additional time to consider the appropriateness of the plea in light of the advisement set out in paragraph (1). If the court fails to advise the defendant in accordance with paragraph (1) and the defendant shows that conviction of the offense to which the defendant pleaded guilty may result in the defendant's deportation, exclusion from the United States, or denial of naturalization pursuant to the laws of the United States, the court, upon a motion by the defendant, shall vacate the judgment and permit the defendant to withdraw the plea and enter a plea of not guilty. If the record does not show that the court provided the required advisement, it shall be presumed that the defendant did not receive the advisement. The defendant shall not be required to disclose his or her immigration status at any time.
(d) Conforming Amendment- Section 212(h) (8 U.S.C. 1182(h)) is amended--
(1) in the subsection heading, by striking `Subsection (a)(2)(A)(i)(I), (II), (B), (D),AND (E)' and inserting `Certain Provisions in Subsection (a)(2)'; and
(2) in the matter preceding paragraph (1), by striking `and (E)' and inserting `(E), and (F)'.
(e) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act and shall apply to convictions entered on or after such date.
- 03-24-2007, 11:17 AM #13
The security of the US is all "subject to appropriations." Just words. We've seen how our "fence" is going, and then there's the pulling of funds for our troops going on right now.Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now!
- 03-24-2007, 12:01 PM #14Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
Have we forgotten the La Raza motto?
"For Those in the Race, Everything".
Never forget, though, that you, I, and everyone else who objects to this kind of special treatment are the racists. I know that to be true, because the politicians, church leaders, and the media all say so.It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.
- 03-24-2007, 12:27 PM #15
- Join Date
- Dec 1969
Let's RIP THIS PIECE OF CRAP APART!!
We need everyone who has a few spare minutes to DESTROY this horror legislation.
As we post our findings and thoughts, they can be used in CALLS & Letters to each member of the House!!
There are already some excellent posts above and this is only with a quick skim.
We will be ARMED with the most important facts and can give them a run for their money with each and every contact we make.
ROCK N ROLL gang..........GIVE EM HELL"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your Government when it deserves it" -Mark Twain
- 03-24-2007, 12:32 PM #16
This is a load of crap!!This bill has to go down! I've only seen pieces of it but am going to go over it more thoughly on sunday to be ready for monday!!
"SECURE MEXICO'S SOUTHERN BORDER" Everytime someone rights a piece of legislation it gets worse. I see sis what you mean about the list of names sis.
I'm surprised they are not calling for Caldron to sign our immigration bill instead of Bush!!!!AUT*AGERE*AUT*MORI (EITHER ACTION OR DEATH)
- 03-24-2007, 12:36 PM #17Originally Posted by 2ndamendsisAUT*AGERE*AUT*MORI (EITHER ACTION OR DEATH)
- 03-24-2007, 12:43 PM #18Originally Posted by goferThe John McCain Call Center
- 03-24-2007, 12:51 PM #19The amendments made by this section shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act and shall apply to convictions entered on or after such date.
- 03-24-2007, 01:02 PM #20
I am extremely disappointed by our governmen's stance on illegal immigration. We were a proud and strong nation, and now we cater to Mexico and the people who so willingly break our laws. There is no excuse for our politicans to betray us like that.