Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When I ask my Ga. senators staff, they said "no we are never allowed to assume anything and it would be unethical for us to change someone's position. Lying is grounds for termination.

I ask after jamesw's "Hell no" answer just to make sure.

I don't know folks...They (the people who set up the number) may be counting the calls made to that number...but the Senators are counting something else. If all that is being counted is the phone call you wouldn't need to speak to anyone on the other line and they would not be reminding people of what they need to say when the Senator's office is finally on the line.

Is there no one out there who knows how these things get set up to tell us?

MW
    Delta7757 wrote:

When I ask my Ga. senators staff, they said "no we are never allowed to assume anything and it would be unethical for us to change someone's position. Lying is grounds for termination.
    Be that as it may, the individuals that paid for the phone calls are not going to be held back by integrity issues. Since they're paying for the calls, I'm sure they receive a record of how many were received, and that's the number they'll quote to the media or anyone else that will listen. It is what it is, and they paid for the calls.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Be that as it may, the individuals that paid for the phone calls are not going to be held back by integrity issues. Since they're paying for the calls, I'm sure they receive a record of how many were received, and that's the number they'll quote to the media or anyone else that will listen. It is what it is, and they paid for the calls.

Yes, I agree. But one thing are the calls that they are paying for and another thing is the tally that the Senators are keeping.

I don't think its a big deal, but I'll just be calling directly from now on...just in case!

MW
    mavi wrote:

Yes, I agree. But one thing are the calls that they are paying for and another thing is the tally that the Senators are keeping.

I don't think its a big deal, but I'll just be calling directly from now on...just in case!
    What about the voice mails that are left on those 1-800 numbers? Do the aids actually listen to them all or do they sometimes get lazy and just log them in as call in favor of the bill? Who knows, but until we have some definite answers - I think it would be wise to resist using those numbers being paid for by the enemy.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Also, if we're going to get technical...what about all the times I've tried to call and can't get through because the voice mails are full???? Those are calls too! They just didn't get logged in.

Also what about the faxes that don't go through because the machine is busy?

It really is annoying to see how they disregard everything.

I'm going to start sending some letters via the US mail too. This way I know it will get there.

I won't use it again, but I got it from one of Michelle Malkin's links and info from those are normally safe. Well you learn something every day.

MW
    Delta7757 wrote:

I won't use it again, but I got it from one of Michelle Malkin's links and info from those are normally safe. Well you learn something every day.
    Michelle may have gotten it from ALIPAC. Even she surfs other sites.

The thought had crossed my mind. I called one Senator to express his appreciation for his stand, and before I even completed my statement I was directed into his voicemail. The other one, I asked to vote against SB 1348, and then I expressed dismay that this direct connecting line could be used by non-citizens to influence our Congress. Lowered tone by aide indicating some guilt/surprise.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I still believe the numbers are on our side...so just abandon the 800 numbers...keep calling, emailing and faxing our Senators in the traditional way...and we should still out weigh the opposition!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast