Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 10 Famous Liberals Who Slammed Obama in a Bigtime Way Barry Out Bushed Bush

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

10 Famous Liberals Who Slammed Obama in a Bigtime Way Barry Out Bushed Bush

10 Famous Liberals Who Slammed Obama in a Bigtime Way

Kyle Becker
    On January 25, 2014
    http://@kylenbecker

President Obama has taken his fair share of criticism over the past five years. But some of his most brutal slams come from within his own left-wing base. Check out these quotes by famous left-wing thinkers and activists:

1. MIT professor and left-wing gadfly Noam Chomsky.

Obama “is worse” [than George W. Bush and Tony Blair]… “In the case of Afghanistan, he sharply escalated the war… Obama’s carrying out a major war in Afghanistan, he’s directly involved in aggressive and criminal actions, carried out by Israel, for example. He’s been in office for two years, and he hasn’t invaded anyone yet [until Libya], but his record is quite consistent with what’s happened before.”

2. Pat Caddell, long-time Democratic strategist.

“I am appalled right now. This White House, this President, this Vice President, this Secretary of State, all of them, are willing, apparently, to dishonor themselves and this country for the cheap prospect of getting reelected — willing to cover-up and lie… And the outrage I feel for my country and the shame that these people have no honor. And when will people finally say it? Cover-up is too nice a word.”

3. Long-time Village Voice writer and Constitutional expert Nat Hentoff.

“Obama has little, if any, principles except to aggrandize and make himself more and more important. You see that in his foreign policy. Obama lacks a backbone — both a constitutional backbone and a personal backbone. This is a man who is causing us and will cause us a great deal of harm constitutionally and personally. This is the first administration that has scared me.”

4. Liberal Constitutional professor Jonathan Turley.

“The problem with what the president is doing is that he’s not simply posing a danger to the constitutional system. He’s becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid. That is the concentration of power in every single branch.”

5. Multi-millionaire director and left-wing activist Michael Moore.

“I believe Obamacare’s rocky start — clueless planning, a lousy website, insurance companies raising rates, and the president’s telling people they could keep their coverage when, in fact, not all could — is a result of one fatal flaw: The Affordable Care Act is a pro-insurance-industry plan implemented by a president who knew in his heart that a single-payer, Medicare-for-all model was the true way to go. When right-wing critics ‘expose’ the fact that President Obama endorsed a single-payer system before 2004, they’re actually telling the truth.”

6. Chris Matthews, host of Hardball on MSNBC.

“What part of the presidency does Obama like? He doesn’t like dealing with other politicians — that means his own cabinet, that means members of the congress, either party. He doesn’t particularly like the press…. He likes to write the speeches… He likes going on the road, campaigning, visiting businesses like he does every couple days somewhere in Ohio or somewhere… He doesn’t like giving orders or giving somebody the power to give orders. He doesn’t seem to like being an executive.”

7. Medea Benjamin of the anti-war group Code Pink.

“I love my country. I love the rule of law! Abide by the rule of law. You’re a constitutional lawyer!”

8. Glenn Greenwald, Guardian reporter who broke the NSA-Snowden leaks story.

“At this point, I didn’t believe it was possible, but the Obama administration has just reached an all-new low in its abysmal civil liberties record… Obama’s now asserting a power so radical — the right to kill American citizens and do so in total secrecy, beyond even the reach of the courts — that it’s ‘too harsh even for’ one of the most far-right War on Terror cheerleading-lawyers in the nation. But that power is certainly not ‘too harsh’ for the kind-hearted Constitutional Scholar we elected as President, nor for his hordes of all-justifying supporters…”

9. Jeff Cohen, former MSNBC producer and media critic.

“I was a young person when I first heard the quip: ‘How do you know when the President is lying? His lips are moving.’ At the time, President Nixon was expanding the war in Vietnam to other countries and deploying the White House ‘plumbers’ to commit crimes against antiwar leakers. Forty years have passed. Sadly, these days, often when I see President Obama moving his lips, I assume he’s lying.”

10. Matt Damon, actor, producer, and director.

“I’ve talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, ‘Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician. You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better.”

This isn’t to say that these people are “conservatives” at all — they’re not. But their quotes do demonstrate that something is very, very wrong in the land of Hope-and-Change. And they also prove that there are people across the political spectrum condemning President Obama’s actions – and it has absolutely, positively nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with bad policies.

Ed.: The headline was changed for length and commentary slightly extended after publication.

Republicans Demand an End to NSA’s Domestic Phone Records Program

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/1108...ers-democrats/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-24-2014 at 04:20 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn