Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I forgot to mention:

The FMCSA deigned to let you voice your opinion.

According to their article, the FMCSA "decided to allow" public comment.

Be sure to thank them for the courtesy, they don't have to do it next time (!).
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Lets see...President Jorge says no immigration bill, no border security...

Then he says, 100 Trucks, must really mean 1 Million...???

These days, I don't trust him as far as I could throw him...

Not only has he lost my respect as the worst President on history, but as a human being.

That's 100 trucking companies in the pilot program, so it could mean thousands of trucks coming into our country in the dead of the summer when families are going on vacation. Everyone knows the driving habits of third world countries, and this is asking for disaster.

We need to stop this thing and need everyone to email and call today. Can we ask William or Dixie if we can do an alert post?

And does anyone have the list of all the Representatives who have signed the letter to Bush?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sent in my opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    That's 100 trucking companies in the pilot program, so it could mean thousands of trucks coming into our country in the dead of the summer when families are going on vacation. Everyone knows the driving habits of third world countries, and this is asking for disaster.

That is correct. According to the statistics in the PDF file of the actual FMCSA docket...

the 100 companies will probably combine for something in the ballpark of 3000 total trucks. However, they said that 5 of the companies are "large" meaning "more than 100 trucks" in their fleet. There is no upper limit, so theoretically the number could be infinite... but I personally predict 3000-3500 based upon what they said.
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Does anybody have any statistics for the Mexican BUS companies that can already operate in America?

For example, if it turns out that the Mexican bus companies are already getting in tons of accidents...

that would bolster the case against this proposal.

I personally offer that the strongest approach against this bill is Mexico's poor past track record. According to the background info provided, for over 25 years Mexico has refused to offer reciprocal shipping rights on its roads, while demanding (one-way) access to ours...

All take, no give, for decades and decades...

So it's not fitting to open up the borders for Mexico when they've never established any good prior track record / reputation. Reputation comes from track record, and track record matters... Mexico has earned, over decades, a bad rep... they should be treated accordingly... not "anti-accordingly" as it were

BISMARCK: THINK THEY CAN ONLY DRIVE IN LIKE SEVENTY MILES OR SO....AND THEN THEY HAVE TO DROP THEIR CARGO WITH AMERICAN DRIVERS. SO THERE MUST BE SOME STATISTICS SINCE THEY DO COME INTO THE STATES. BUT VERY LITTLE BECAUSE MOST OF THEIR DRIVING IS IN MEXICO. I DONT KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET MEXICAN STATISTICS. I THINK THAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO GO ABOUT IT. BUT I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START WITH THAT.

Bismark, it makes me nervous to think of our drivers going into Mexico, anyway, from the article I read about drivers getting stopped and robbed by the Mexican police. This entire Mexican truck thing would be a disaster, anyway, and it's just another example of Bush not thinking things through before rushing ahead.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Bismark, it makes me nervous to think of our drivers going into Mexico, anyway, from the article I read about drivers getting stopped and robbed by the Mexican police. This entire Mexican truck thing would be a disaster, anyway, and it's just another example of Bush not thinking things through before rushing ahead.
    Yes, it would. It opens another problem. When Mexico is telling us who to prosecute this truck situation will just explode with law suits and the Mexican government telling our government to prosecute our Highway Patrol and police when they don't like things. The OBL will also pressure prosecutions of police if they need to intervene in illegal activities. NO this can be even worse than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck
    I forgot to mention:

The FMCSA deigned to let you voice your opinion.

According to their article, the FMCSA "decided to allow" public comment.

Be sure to thank them for the courtesy, they don't have to do it next time (!).
    Thats right. FMCSA "decided to allow" public comment. I wonder what happens to these comments. Do they keep a list of people who commented in writing or voiced their opinion against allowing Mexico to have free access to our roadways? It seems to me that their NAFTA and SPP goals are going to remain the same no matter who objects. I hope the 114 members of the house convince Bush what a huge mistake he is making. But, that would be dreaming. Bush lost his mind long ago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast