Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I disagree. These anchors will look down at Mexico, when they are grown. They will be ashamed of their uneducated parents.[/quote]

Miguelena...do you think the future generations of anchors will assimilate? I haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

As long as they not held back by their parents, yes I do. When you look at how many of the teenagers with their ipods, cell phones, etc. They know they would not have these possessions in Mexico.

When they return to Mexico for family holidays, they look down at their Mexican families. Each time they return to the US, they assimilate more, to distance themselves from their Mexican families.

When I emigrated to the US, I assimilated (1st generation) quickly. It took me 3 years to learn English because this was in the days before ESL. The ESL of old times was taught entirely in English. The ESL they have today is a dismal failure. TOTAL immersion is the only way to learn a new language.

Do I have pride in my heritage? Of course! I celebrate with my friends and family. I don't expect the country to cater to me. Everyone should be proud of their heritage, but be Americans above all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    As long as they not held back by their parents, yes I do. When you look at how many of the teenagers with their ipods, cell phones, etc. They know they would not have these possessions in Mexico.
    In France rioting muslim youths - children of both legal and illegal immigrants from muslim countries - also do have got ipods, laptops and cell phones. It has been reported that they use cell phones to organize simultaneous riots in more cities, city quarters in the same moment as this the way the weaken and divide police force. On their ipods you can also find rap songs with hate lyrics in the style "how to beat the Frenchie".

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    When they return to Mexico for family holidays, they look down at their Mexican families. Each time they return to the US, they assimilate more, to distance themselves from their Mexican families.
    Though, this is true even with young descendants of Moroccan, Algerian immigrants. They in fact are trapped between those two worlds and they do not identify themselves with either of them.

What is wrong is wrong.

I can only speak from my experience and know nothing of the Muslim culture overseas. I know it takes all kinds to do bad. I believe there are more good people than bad in this world, unfortunately we hear too much about the bad.

Illegal is illegal, no matter how you look at it. I don't believe 2 illegals can birth a legal citizen. I also want the 14th amendment to be applied correctly, which does not include giving citizenship status to anyone not born of at least one US citizen parent.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Miguelina wins the prize (if we had one to offer ):

Do I have pride in my heritage? Of course! I celebrate with my friends and family. I don't expect the country to cater to me. Everyone should be proud of their heritage, but be Americans above all.
    I had been looking for the most concise and effective way to say that, but you did that better than any of my previous lame attempts. Spot on, Miguelina. Spot on. That's just beautiful and is simply perfect.

LOL, thank you PhredE, you made my day!
    "

She shoulda just named her baby, Case # 4564365. It would make the welfare process go smother.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

Miguelina, you have to understand that the MOTHER NEEDED A TRANSLATOR...
    That is the enviroment that child is going to grow up in.
    The BEST thing for that child is GO TO MEXICO. Mom wont have to hire a translator.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    Miguelina, you have to understand that the MOTHER NEEDED A TRANSLATOR...
    That is the enviroment that child is going to grow up in.
    The BEST thing for that child is GO TO MEXICO. Mom wont have to hire a translator.
    I got that part very clearly. 23 years old, 7 years in the US and still a translator was required. Par for the course for illegals.
    "

I was born in Canada and raised by eastern europeans. When I started I did not speak English even though my parents did. There was no English as a second language and I had to work hard to learn the language and keep up with what was being taught. It was sink or swim. Even when my parents immigrated they learned to speak English on the job and from watching TV. If you wanted to learn to read and write you went to night school and paid for it. Sometimes I wonder if they had to learn would they go? Even when I moved down here from Canada I still had to assimilate and change my English. We had words for somethings that are not the same here and phrases that had no racial over tones but were racist here. Even writing I had to be careful as we had the same spelling for certain words as they do in England such as colour.
    The worse part here is that the poor kids are almost stuck having to marry another hispanic as one or both parents don't speak english. Then they expect their child's spouse to learn spanish. This is for real. Some people fall for it but many don't and end up running before the relationship gets too serious.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast