Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

25 states to consider SB 1070-like policies in upcoming legi

"Many states look to Arizona’s SB 1070 as a model for new immigration legislation"

25 states to consider SB 1070-like policies in upcoming legislative sessions
    By Luke Johnson | 12.28.10 | 9:43 am

The Saturday after the November elections that brought 680 Republican state legislators into office throughout the country, Texas Rep. Debbie Riddle started camping outside the Texas Capitol in Austin to be the first to file voter ID legislation and an Arizona-style immigration bill for Texas. A passer-by told her that she reminded him of Duke basketball fans camping out for tickets.

“It was eye-opening to realize that people think it’s normal to be passionate about something like college basketball, but odd to be passionate about your state’s politics,â€
    ------------------------

GO STATE!! GO! GO! GO!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Republicans took over the state legislature in NC for the first time in 100 years! My brother told me he read that in the first 100 days they want to pass VOTER ID, this to me is a baby step in the right diection! When I went to vote I tried to show my ID, the lady said oh, I don't need to see that... I said it should be required before you cast your first vote!

Here in Florida if you don't have photo ID and on the "list" you don't vote. They are really strict about it. I love it.
    Florida is going to put up a big fight for laws like Arizona's. They have been busting construction and military bases. People are angry as they can get. I know I'm going to do everything I can to help them get this passed.
    States need their rights back. Then we wouldn't have to get sued or turned into the UN for being mean. Why doesn't Mexico get turned in to the UN? Especially now that they are building the fence on their southern border? Of course with our money and help. But we aren't allowed to. Think I'd be used to that by now, but I never will be.
    Obama, Nappy and too many in Washington have taken control of our states to control us. Maybe if we fight for states rights first we can do something. With Obama plannning to dictate by stealth or anyway he can, amnesty will be just around the corner. The only way to control Obama is if states are responsibe for themselves.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm proud and happy that we got control of congress, but who is going to get control of Obama? I figure we have two options, take away some of the power the government has, or take out Obama. I'd love to see that, but I doubt it will happen. That leaves us with two years of the same crap we just tried to end with our votes. By then they will have a way for illegals to vote and we will be back two steps.
    Sorry this is so long, but even tho it's a New Year, things just haven't changed since yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SheServedToo
    Here in Florida if you don't have photo ID and on the "list" you don't vote. They are really strict about it. I love it.
    Florida is going to put up a big fight for laws like Arizona's. They have been busting construction and military bases. People are angry as they can get. I know I'm going to do everything I can to help them get this passed.
    States need their rights back. Then we wouldn't have to get sued or turned into the UN for being mean. Why doesn't Mexico get turned in to the UN? Especially now that they are building the fence on their southern border? Of course with our money and help. But we aren't allowed to. Think I'd be used to that by now, but I never will be.
    Obama, Nappy and too many in Washington have taken control of our states to control us. Maybe if we fight for states rights first we can do something. With Obama plannning to dictate by stealth or anyway he can, amnesty will be just around the corner. The only way to control Obama is if states are responsibe for themselves.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm proud and happy that we got control of congress, but who is going to get control of Obama?
    I figure we have two options, take away some of the power the government has, or take out Obama.
    I'd love to see that, but I doubt it will happen. That leaves us with two years of the same crap we just tried to end with our votes. By then they will have a way for illegals to vote and we will be back two steps.
    Sorry this is so long, but even tho it's a New Year, things just haven't changed since yesterday.
    I figure we have two options, take away some of the power the government has, or take out Obama.
    Both.....

By then they will have a way for illegals to vote and we will be back two steps.
    No need doin' the 2 step. We have them by the balls now and they know it.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    No need doin' the 2 step. We have them by the balls now and they know it.
    "Sorry mkfarnam this is wrong because they never had any in the first place!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn