Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

3 Vans Crashing San Diego (Roy Beck)

3 Vans Crashing San Diego Border Crossing (legacy of not allowing vote on the SAVE Act)

By Roy Beck, Thursday, September 24, 2009, 10:32 PM EDT

What a horrible image of anarchy we saw at the San Diego border crossing this week when three vans with an estimated 70 illegal aliens tried to crash their way through hundreds of innocent passengers in dozens of vehicles.

Why did they do it?

I'm willing to say that a bunch of bishops and U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi invited them.

Do you think those 70 illegal aliens would have put themselves into that situation if they knew it would be impossible to get a decent job with decent working conditions and decent benefits in the United States?

Do you think they would have taken that risk if they knew that the only work they could find would be minimum wage (or less) jobs with no benefits and no legal protections because the employers are outlaws?

The SAVE Act (H.R. 330 would require every employer in the country to use E-Verify to ensure that no illegal alien can get a new job or hold an old job.

The SAVE Act would easily have passed the U.S. House of Reprentatives last year if Speaker Pelosi (D-Calif.) had not blocked a vote.

Nearly 200 Members of both Parties co-sponsored the bill and signed a discharge petition to force a vote (short of the 218 needed) last year.

If U.S. Representatives had been forced to vote YES or NO on the SAVE Act, I have little doubt that it would have garnered pretty close to the 259 votes we won yesterday on the border security vote on the House floor (with 85 Democrats joining all the Republicans).

And that is what would happen now, if Speaker Pelosi would stop blocking it.

People from other countries would stop risking their lives -- and those of others -- to illegally enter this country if we stopped giving away prizes to the people who make it through.

Speaker Pelosi refuses to stop the danger on the border by refusing to end the constant supply of illegal foreign labor to unscrupulous employers.

And adding a kind of unholy blessing on all this risk taking, anarchy and violence on the border, we have more and more bishops of the United Methodist, Catholic, Lutheran and Episcopal denominations sending their voices through the international media proclaiming that illegal immigration should be rewarded with U.S. citizenship papers.

I am not calling for a muzzling of the free speech of these misguided clerics. But I do believe that their pro-amnesty rallies, resolutions and testimony create the results on the border of crying fire in a crowded theater.

Send faxes, make phone calls and visit offices to persuade your Members of Congress to add their names to the growing list of sponsors of the SAVE Act. Let's stop the violence on the border.

ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA
    http://tinyurl.com/ybruy4m
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Nice... mexicans ramming our borders with their vehicles to INVADE our country, while our gubment talks of giving them citizenship. It seems obvious mexicans have no empathy for U.S citizenry.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Perhaps they used these illegals in order to cause distraction and attention, while the real reason crossed the border nearby unabated. It could have been drugs or worse - terrorists with unstable cargo.