Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

3 at Yale Accused of Burning U.S. Flag

3 at Yale Accused of Burning U.S. Flag

Email this Story

Apr 4, 9:01 AM (ET)

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - Three Yale University students, one a U.S. citizen born in Pakistan, were arrested on charges of setting fire to an American flag hanging outside a home.

Said Hyder Akbar, 23, Nikolaos Angelopoulos, 19, and Farhad Anklesaria, also 19, were arrested early Tuesday on charges ranging from reckless endangerment to arson, police said.

Akbar, a senior, was born in Pakistan but is a U.S. citizen, police said. He worked as an informal translator for U.S. forces during the invasion of Afghanistan and later published a memoir, "Come Back to Afghanistan," based on his experiences, the Yale Daily News reported Wednesday.

Angelopoulos, who is Greek, and Anklesaria, who is British, are both freshmen. They had to surrender their passports.

Bail was set at $25,000 for Angelopoulos and Akbar, and $15,000 for Anklesaria. They were jailed Tuesday night; police did not immediately respond to calls on their status Wednesday morning.

Authorities said the three students had waved over two police officers in the area early Tuesday to ask for directions.

A short time later, the officers returned to the neighborhood to see if the students had found their way home and spotted the burning flag. One officer pulled down the burning flag and the other tracked down the three men, authorities said.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070404/D9Q3RO1.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They should be jailed and then prosecuted and thrown out of our country. I really love how people come here from other countries and crap all over ours and suck whatever free stuff they can get out of it. All the while they hate the US
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Interesting that it's not mentioned if these idiots are muslim.

hmmmm?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gee Sis I wonder why that is
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

hmmmm?
    Well, Pakistanis are, by definition, Muslim. Pakistan is simply the portion of India that split off as a homeland to that country's Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

hmmmm?
    Well, Pakistanis are, by definition, Muslim. Pakistan is simply the portion of India that split off as a homeland to that country's Muslims.
    I know that, Crocket, lol.

But we also have a Greek and a Brit included in this idiot bunch who, I'll wager, are also muslim.

These kind of things need to be on the front page news! Americans need to see what these people are doing and what they think about us.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    These kind of things need to be on the front page news! Americans need to see what these people are doing and what they think about us.

The media has kept us uninformed for years.
    The American people have now found another way to educate themselves with updates from around the country.
    There are 102 guests on the site this morning.
    They are finding out the truth through the good work of the people on the internet. Newspapers are no longer relevant.
    The truth is out there for those who wish to see.
    And thank God for that!

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Yes, but as I have found since coming to Alipac, they ARE NOT REPORTING on things like this and illegal immigration!!!
    I used to watch the nightly news on ABC... since finding Lou Dobbs and Alipac I see how much they do not report. Sob stories for illegals, but you never hear what illegal immigration is doing to the average American!

I thought News reporting was suppose to be unbiased and objective.

We are being betrayed so badly by the media it isn't even funny!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

JAK, you and PAF are both right! I quit listening to the lame stream news years ago. I learn much more here than anywhere else thanks to the great posters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast