Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Action Alert: IL HB5756 notify ICE if IA released

Can you believe this Illinoisans?! We must support this.

I got this email alert. So many states are working on enforcement and employer bills. Today I hear that Illinois is looking into something. Please spend some time and contact your rep. and the rules committee to ask them to sponsor and support this bill. It needs to start somewhere in Illinois. [8D]

THE CITIZEN SECURITY NETWORKER
    an e-newsletter of the Illinois Citizen Security Network
    2008-FEB-21 newsletter 2008.3

1. Illinois HB 5756 proposed Illinois legislation ACTION ALERT

Dear Friends Opposed to Illegal Immigration:

1. Illinois HB 5756 proposed Illinois legislation ACTION ALERT

A new Illinois bill (HB 5756) to mandate that the Illinois Department of Corrections notify ICE upon release of a suspected illegal alien. The full text and action status of the bill is here:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billsta ... ssionID=51

The bill has been introduced by Randy Ramey, Illinois State Rep, District 55:

http://www.ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?MemberID=1126&GA=94

ACTION ALERT: Please call Represenative Ramey and express appreciation for his effort (630) 876-0703 staterepramey55@aol.com.

Bill sponsors are currently Harry R. Ramey, Jr.; Bill Mitchell; and Ron Stephens.

The bill is currently in the Illinois House Rules Committee. ACTION ALERT: Please contact the committee members and ask that the bill be advanced to the House floor. Opposition will attempt to get the bill killed. PLEASE CALL EACH RULES COMMITTEE MEMBER PERSONALLY in addition to any emails, as email only may not be as effective. Contact information for the rules committee members is here:

http://www.ilga.gov/house/committees/me ... tteeID=374

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Unified Code of Corrections. Provides that upon admission of a committed person to a facility of the Department of Corrections or to a facility of the Department of Juvenile Justice and upon the discharge of such person from either such Department, each such Department, if it suspects that such person is an alien of the United States who is unlawfully present within the United States in violation of the federal Immigration and Nationality Act shall notify the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) of the admission or discharge of such alien from the facility.

Rules Committee - Members
    95th General Assembly
    Members Notice of Hearing Bills Reports

Role Representative Party
    Chairperson : Barbara Flynn Currie D (773) 667-0550
    Republican Spokesperson :William B. BlackR (217) 431-1986
    Member: Gary Hannig D (217) 839-2859
    Member: Brent Hassert R (630) 739-7063
    Member: Arthur L. Turner D (773) 277-4700 [/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey, that's great news fedup!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Synopsis As Introduced
    Amends the Unified Code of Corrections. Provides that upon admission of a committed person to a facility of the Department of Corrections or to a facility of the Department of Juvenile Justice and upon the discharge of such person from either such Department, each such Department, if it suspects that such person is an alien of the United States who is unlawfully present within the United States in violation of the federal Immigration and Nationality Act shall notify the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) of the admission or discharge of such alien from the facility.
    Forgive me but have become extremely cautious of wording--hope am just being hyper-vigilant:
    1. 'upon admission or discharge'--what about 'while detained in' a facility?
    2. 'upon the discharge'--after the person is discharged how can ICE place a hold detainer on that person--after discharge it may be too late to locate the person.

Governments will always misuse the machinery of the law as far as the state of public opinion permits.
    - Emile Capouya
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Excellent point myAmerica. We know full well how many people disappear after released only to show up to commit crimes elsewhere. We had a police officer killed in Wisconsin recently by an illegal alien who had been arrested and released numerous times.

I will mention this specifically when I make my calls today.

i'll star the calls on monday. i'll work on emails today or tomorrow.

BTTT for the day!

Imagine if even Illinois started having legislation. Make some calls today.