Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACTION ALERT for Taneytown!!!! END Sanctuary Policies!!!!!

This is how City Government works! I am trying to stop our City from operating in this manner. Please get the work out to send emails (not pre-scripted) to our Mayor & Council explaining the importance to pass this Resolution.

Thanks!

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/artic ... tory6i.txt

Mayor excludes illegal immigrant resolution debate

By Carrie Ann Knauer, Times Staff Writer Thursday, December 06, 2007

TANEYTOWN - Heated words were exchanged between the Taneytown mayor and City Councilman Paul Chamberlain Jr. Wednesday night after the mayor did not include a resolution Chamberlain had submitted for the meeting's agenda.

At the start of the meeting, Chamberlain stated that he had submitted his resolution on declaring Taneytown as not being a sanctuary city for illegal aliens as an agenda item in advance of the deadline stated in the city charter. Chamberlain accused Mayor Jim McCarron of circumventing the law by purposely excluding the resolution.

At the end of the meeting, McCarron told Chamberlain that it is the mayor's discretion to make an agenda for council meetings.

"What I use in determining of what goes on the agenda is whether it benefits the citizens of Taneytown," McCarron said, and he did not want to put the resolution on the agenda unless other councilman supported it.

Chamberlain said that the city charter does not say that agenda items submitted by a councilman can be blocked from the agenda by the mayor, and that he would be investigating whether an ethics violation occurred.

After a quick poll of the rest of the council, McCarron said that the resolution would be included on the agenda for Monday's city council meeting.

Resident Marvin Flickinger asked Chief Bill Tyler what the city's current procedure is for handling illegal immigrants.

Tyler said that if someone is pulled over for a traffic violation and they are able to present a driver's license, even if it is from another country, protocol is to treat the driver as they would any other driver.

If a person commits a more serious crime, they are taken into central booking where their identity is further questioned, Tyler said, and the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is called in to handle the case if the person is suspected to be an illegal immigrant.

"We have a plan in place," Tyler said. "The city can't deport anybody."

Chamberlain defended his resolution saying "This resolution has nothing to do with law enforcement."

The city council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday in City Hall and further discuss the resolution.

Reach staff writer Carrie Ann Knauer at 410-857-7874 or carrieknauer@carrollcountytimes.com.

Hi there Paul. Welcome back.

I'd be happy to make some calls on your behalf.

Please do provide some info about who to contact and how for most effective impact.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please call, fax and send letters encouraging the Mayor and councilmembers to support Chamberlain's resolution to end the sanctuary policies of Taneytown, MD.

Ask the Mayor and councilmen/women to enforce existing immigration laws and establish city policies that will deter future illegal immigration to Taneytown. Also ask them to end any city services provided to illegal aliens, aside from emergency care. Please give them some examples of the negative impact of illegal immigration on communities and cite some valid statistics. Please do not send form letters. Each Alipacer should write a unique letter.

Thanks!

Dixie

Telephone 410.751.1100
    Fax 410.751.1608

Submitted the resolution to alter the sanctuary policy of Taneytown.
    Send him a big at-a-boy note!
    Paul L Chamberlain Jr.
    paulchamberlainjr@yahoo.com

Mayor
    James L McCarron Jr.
    jmccarron@qis.net

Mayor Pro Tem
    Jacquelyn J Boisvert
    cdboisv@verizon.net

Carl E Ebaugh
    e.ballusm@verizon.net

Henry C Heine Jr.
    hcheine@taneytown.org

Angelo A Zambetti
    anameri37@gmail.com

Here is the council contact page
    http://www.taneytown.org/beta/elect.aspx?type=1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Please call, fax and send letters encouraging the Mayor and councilmembers to support Chamberlain's resolution to end the sanctuary policies of Taneytown, MD.

Ask the Mayor and councilmen/women to enforce existing immigration laws and establish city policies that will deter future illegal immigration to Taneytown. Also ask them to end any city services provided to illegal aliens, aside from emergency care. Please give them some examples of the negative impact of illegal immigration on communities and cite some valid statistics. Please do not send form letters. Each Alipacer should write a unique letter.

Thanks!

Dixie

Telephone 410.751.1100
    Fax 410.751.1608

Submitted the resolution to alter the sanctuary policy of Taneytown.
    Send him a big at-a-boy note!
    Paul L Chamberlain Jr.
    paulchamberlainjr@yahoo.com

Mayor
    James L McCarron Jr.
    jmccarron@qis.net

Mayor Pro Tem
    Jacquelyn J Boisvert
    cdboisv@verizon.net

Carl E Ebaugh
    e.ballusm@verizon.net

Henry C Heine Jr.
    hcheine@taneytown.org

Angelo A Zambetti
    anameri37@gmail.com

Here is the council contact page
    http://www.taneytown.org/beta/elect.aspx?type=1
    I am on it!!!

LETS GO PATRIOTS!!! ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE OUR VOICES HEARD AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

LETS CALL, FAX AND EMAIL!!!

Mine are sent with an excerpt from Federal law.

Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)
    "Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.j ... 6648558dbe

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
    A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
    * assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
    * encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
    * knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

"I hope you value that I'm a law-abiding citizen and I expect as much from my City Council and Mayor."

I have received this back from one Councilperson:

THANK YOU FOR THIS NOTE!!!!! I HOPE YOU MAY HAVE SENT THIS TO ALL COUNCIL PERSONS AND TO THE MAYOR....

If at all possible please come to the meeting Monday evening.

Carl E. Ebaugh
    - Show quoted text -

April
    THANKS GOGO!!!

You're welcome. It seems some of the council persons want some support too.

April
    I checked my email and I have a thank you as well!!!!!

Welcome to alipac "Councilmen" glad to help out!

Just finished the e-mails, sent out a fax and will make some calls early monday morning. Hope it all helps, please keep us informed as to the outcome.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast