Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Airport workers include illegals

This from a letter I received from Congressman Mark Kirk of IL:

Late last year, we also learned that more than 30 illegal aliens gained access to O'Hare's most sensitive areas. Without valid Social Security numbers, illegal aliens were given official badges to access the tarmac and the airplanes. This was not the first time. It had happened before at airports around the country because current law does not require airport badging authorities to even check a job applicant's Social Security number.

o In November 2002, authorities arrested 65 illegal immigrants at Dallas-Forth Worth International Airport.

o In March 2005, authorities arrested 14 illegal immigrants at Boston's Logan Airport.

o In June 2006, authorities arrested 55 illegal immigrants at Washington Dulles.

o In November 2006, authorities arrested six illegal immigrants at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.

To protect our nation's homeland security and set basic federal standards for those who seek access to an airport's most sensitive areas, I offered an amendment to the Fiscal Year 2009 Homeland Security Appropriations bill during the Appropriations Committee markup on June 24, 2008. Under my amendment, an individual seeking access to a secured area of an American airport must be a U.S. national or legal permanent resident, possess a valid Social Security number that actually belongs to that individual, and verify that number through the federal government's E-Verify verification system.

This amendment seemed like an obvious reform to make. In fact, Section 524 of the bill already required E-Verify verification of all new hires inside the Office of the Secretary of Homeland Security. To my amazement, Representative David Price (D-NC), the Chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security, opposed the Kirk amendment and it was defeated by a partisan vote. In the end, the Appropriations Committee stood for the principle that we should verify the legal status of a desk clerk in the Office of the Secretary of Homeland Security, but should not verify the identity of a person given direct access to airplanes, tarmacs and baggage loading areas. Rest assured, I will offer my amendment again and again before the full House of Representatives when this bill moves forward.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wonder if David Price E-Verifies his employees? He should. or Does he think he is safe in today's America?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ohare tried to get around it playing stupid because they used a staffing agency.....and supposidly they were responsible for checking.....but obviously they don't.

It makes me wonder how many illegals work at the airport in Miami. I can only guess but they are there. Many of the construction workers are definiitely illegal but I don't know what they all have access to. There are also illegals who are working for the State of Florida who used SSNs they bought while living in New York. Sometimes I think all this homeland security stuff is a big joke. They are only making it harder for law abiding immigrants, travellers, and tourists. Illegals still make their way and same with Cubans but the poor Haitians get caught by the Coast Guard by the Bahamas.

When I was young, getting on an airplane was fun and exciting. Now I dread it when I have to fly. I don't understand, they think seeing naked caricatures of me will make the flight safer, but those who can hide a bomb in the belly of the plane are not required to have any checks. There is only one word for this: INSANITY!
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Undoubtedly it was last year on Lou Dobbs where I heard this: the Federal Government is the largest employer with over 70,000 illegals on the payroll. Should anyone be surprised that airports and airlines employ whom they can, laws or no laws? I guess these are more jobs Americans won't do. But my question is: who the pudding (to put it politely) did them before?

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Undoubtedly it was last year on Lou Dobbs where I heard this: the Federal Government is the largest employer with over 70,000 illegals on the payroll. Should anyone be surprised that airports and airlines employ whom they can, laws or no laws? I guess these are more jobs Americans won't do. But my question is: who the pudding (to put it politely) did them before?
    Americans, until like the Washington fire fighters, they no longer spoke the preferred language and were let go.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Miami Dade County is not much better. Their cleaning people and maintenance people can possibly be illegal. I have a relative that works for the county out of their building every day and he tells me that most of the cleaning and maintenance people don't even speak English. Unless the mayor has fellow Cubans hired there is no other explanation besides illegals. He claims if there was a fire or other dangerous situation it would be chaos. My daughter is trying to deal with their human resources department regarding her benefits and the women have heavy Spanish accents and keep asking her to repeat herself as they don't obviously understand english very well. What has this country come to? In the past immigrants came her learned English and used it in public and used their former language at home and within their ethnic community.