Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AJC Endorses Romney

ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Georgia's largest newspaper, is endorsing former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in the Republican race for the White House.
    The newspaper said in an editorial published in its Sunday newspaper that it believes Romney best exemplifies the qualities needed in a president, including business knowledge and experience and the ability to perform under pressure.

``In all respects, Romney looks, sounds and acts presidential, projecting competence and the intelligence to deal comfortable with policy nuance and complexity,'' the newspaper said. ``In a perilous world, whether the peril is terrorism, global competition or a tanking economy, Mitt Romney is the Republican who inspires confidence in his ability to lead.''

The newspaper said that Arizona Sen. John McCain, who is also seeking the GOP nomination, lacks the management experience and business and economic expertise to be the nominee.

Last week, the newspaper endorsed Illinois Sen. Barack Obama in the Democratic presidential race.

Georgia's presidential primary is Feb. 5.

http://wsbradio.com/news/012608endorsement.html

Do not think newspaper endorsements carry any weight anymore=90% do not reflect the truth anyway-Look how many papers endorse this shamnesty and make false statements and push polls to make peole think everyone is for amnesty

DHolmes7,

I think they do, because they are not going to say they endorse a candidate and then run information that may effect his election. They withold information from the public and smear the other candidates.

They should be reporters, not news makers.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

xyz
    It is still a very well written and honest endorsement. The Constitution stated the reasons why a reasonable person would vote for Romney

The Hartford Courant (Connecticut) just endorsed Romney as well:

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/edi ... 0474.story
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Normally I don't think newspaper endorsements make much of a difference. But for some reason, if any newspaper does have any influence it could be the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.

Hardly anyone pays attention to Newspapers like the Miami Herald. But the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a stronger reputation for having some intelligent journalists.

In the "long-run" though, I fully expect the AJC will endorse Obama.

I don't know if I really know what I'm talking about, but it feels like it makes sense at least to me.

Why would the AJC endorse Romney, they are open borders and NAU cheerleaders?