Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I QUIT BUYING CHICKEN AFTER THE TYSON MESS. DIDN'T THINK ABOUT EGGS. I'M WILLING TO DO WITHOUT THEM OR RAISE MY OWN.

I DO HAVE A QUESTION THO. THIS TAINTED FOOD FROM CHINA. THE TOYS ARE RECALLED, THANK GOD, BUT NOT THE FOOD. A WHOLE NEW BUNCH OF TAINTED FOOD JUST GOT THRU AGAIN. WHY ISN'T IT RECALLED?

NO MORE GOING TO CHINA BUFFETS OR ANYTHING CHINA OR MEXICO FOR US. DON'T TRUST THEM. I DON'T GO TO WALMART EITHER. I CHECK LABELS CAREFULLY. I'LL DO JAPAN STUFF IF I HAVE TO, BUT NEVER CHINA.

I ALSO GO TO THRIFT STORES TO AVOID THE BUSINESS WITH THE BIG BUSINESSES.

MAKE MORE SUGGESTIONS. I'M USED TO DOING WITHOUT A LOT AND I WILL GIVE UP MORE!
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Quote Originally Posted by GOSCOOTIN
    I QUIT BUYING CHICKEN AFTER THE TYSON MESS. DIDN'T THINK ABOUT EGGS. I'M WILLING TO DO WITHOUT THEM OR RAISE MY OWN.

I DO HAVE A QUESTION THO. THIS TAINTED FOOD FROM CHINA. THE TOYS ARE RECALLED, THANK GOD, BUT NOT THE FOOD. A WHOLE NEW BUNCH OF TAINTED FOOD JUST GOT THRU AGAIN. WHY ISN'T IT RECALLED?

NO MORE GOING TO CHINA BUFFETS OR ANYTHING CHINA OR MEXICO FOR US. DON'T TRUST THEM. I DON'T GO TO WALMART EITHER. I CHECK LABELS CAREFULLY. I'LL DO JAPAN STUFF IF I HAVE TO, BUT NEVER CHINA.

I ALSO GO TO THRIFT STORES TO AVOID THE BUSINESS WITH THE BIG BUSINESSES.

MAKE MORE SUGGESTIONS. I'M USED TO DOING WITHOUT A LOT AND I WILL GIVE UP MORE!
    Tyson is a good one, but they are by no means the only one. Also, if you just avoid Tyson chicken, and buy other chicken products, you might still be purchasing their products. Some companies, and I assume Tyson, own more than one poultry company. They sell under various names. That's why it is important to just stop ALL poultry purchases. Don't forget eggs, turkey, and processed poultry products.

I think if we did have an effect on one of their companies, they might just switch packaging.

Also, if one company lays off workers, they probably would just go to other companies. If we just don't purchase any poultry products, we will dry up their jobs in that industry.

Also, no KFC, Church's (my favorite), Chick-fil-a, etc.

I buy at thrift stores, garage sales and estate sales. I may be getting Chinese things, but they aren't getting my money. Of course it is allowing the seller to buy more junk, isn't it?

I just think if we all get together, it would have to be a lot of us, and just walked on past those poultry products for a few months, we would see a difference. It could not help but work.

My husband and I were laughing this morning that we didnt' know when we were well off when we were complaining about Japanese 'junk'. Just goes to show you - things could be worse - and probably will get that way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can we all pick one and have William announce it? We need a reason why. We need figures, what they are saving by hiring illegal's, how much it is costing the middle class to take care of there health benefits and children and where they sit in profitability. All these things are public record. We need to destroy the credibility of the company doing the hiring. We need to how much they are pocketing and also we can find out who they are giving money too. What politicans ect. We just can't blanket boycott a company. It happens to many times. We need facts. I would help if you needed help.
    We need to contact Williams and even if you can contact Lou Dobbs. He could pick a new one to boycott weekly. Give him the all the figures we find. It would be up to the company to disput anything we say.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

I would really love to have someone take this on that could get it going in a big way. If we could get this posted on every site that is against illegal immigration, and then just post it everywhere else we post, maybe it would work

Any boycott has got to be simple enough, focused enough, and big enough so people will not get discouraged, and so it will make a showing.

We did this last year, but it kinds just fizzled out. While it was going on, however, chicken did drop in price in many parts of the country. Did we do it? Who knows. I sure want to think so.

But this needs to be taken nationwide and I just don't know how to do it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why people don't jump on boycotting CA wines is beyond me. It is a concentrated industry that uses illegals. It is a huge part of the CA economy and Nancy Pelosi's personal financial holdings. It's an easy boycott. You find another product and country and buy that product without hurting yourself. It also hurts Pelosi's personal finances, her constituents finances, and hurts the illegal hiring of the vineyard owners. It's an easy boycott. Anyone across the nation can do it. Even if you don't drink wine, you know someone who does.

My son is a sous-chef in fine dining in LV. I ask him to tell his sommelier to only serve CA wines if specifically asked for. Otherwise if a recommendation is asked she gives something else. It might get a slow start but it would hurt and hurt big time. We did it when O'Reilly called for a boycott of French wines and their economy was badly hurt.

If you do decide to participate in this one be sure to call Pelosi, and Thompson to tell them why.

I don't drink CA wine and have been meaning to tell you so.

Hopefully, next year I can make my own again.

Just take this as my thoughts, but chicken, beef, etc., is something that almost everyone purchases to some degree, probably on a weekly basis or more than once a week. Also, yes, the wine industry does employ illegals - but the beef and poultry has thousands and that would make a big difference.

The idea about hitting big ones and making a difference, the smaller ones would take notice, especially when we do target them.

This sounds like I am saying my idea is better than yours - didn't intend it to be - just giving my thoughts.

Having worked in a chicken farm I can tell you it reaches alot of products. At our plant we didn't do the by the dozen type eggs. These eggs were cracked open and shipped in tankers like they do milk. Some are used for liquid eggs for schools, hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants and others were dried and used in a variety of products like cake mix and stuff. I know for sure we provided the eggs for Burger King but I can't remember all the places it went. It was pages long. But the place I worked had alot more than one farm and at other ones they did do the by the dozen type. So they have themselves covered by being so diversified. Then of course the chickens when they were done laying went to pet food companies. Right now they just want out of offering any benefits and to pay the least they can pay. I talked to a friend that still works there and he said the only people making any money are the higher-ups and the vets. He's been there 10 years and is a supervisor and is capped out just a few cents above 10 bucks. But around there.....there's not alot of jobs to choose from......having illegals come there has literally put people out of work and there aren't alot of options left. Many are farmers that do this job to just to keep their farms going. Others are older and need the insurance and income to just get by. I mean they used to place bets on who they thought would survive doing the work coz it's not a glamour job for sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Having worked in a chicken farm I can tell you it reaches alot of products. At our plant we didn't do the by the dozen type eggs. These eggs were cracked open and shipped in tankers like they do milk. Some are used for liquid eggs for schools, hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants and others were dried and used in a variety of products like cake mix and stuff. I know for sure we provided the eggs for Burger King but I can't remember all the places it went. It was pages long. But the place I worked had alot more than one farm and at other ones they did do the by the dozen type. So they have themselves covered by being so diversified. Then of course the chickens when they were done laying went to pet food companies. Right now they just want out of offering any benefits and to pay the least they can pay. I talked to a friend that still works there and he said the only people making any money are the higher-ups and the vets. He's been there 10 years and is a supervisor and is capped out just a few cents above 10 bucks. But around there.....there's not alot of jobs to choose from......having illegals come there has literally put people out of work and there aren't alot of options left. Many are farmers that do this job to just to keep their farms going. Others are older and need the insurance and income to just get by. I mean they used to place bets on who they thought would survive doing the work coz it's not a glamour job for sure.....

Yes, I think that is my point. I already boycott Tyson and like you say they are so diversified that it won't hurt much. That's why we have to hit targets that have no where to go. You only have so many vineyards in CA. They don't move the plant to Arizona, if you get my drift. You don't need wine to live and survive on. It's a luxury for some and just a staple for others. It won't hurt any family to give it up like it would beef or chicken. It also depends on dietary restrictions for health reasons. I don't think if you never been to the CA wine country and see how large it is and how much the industry even counts on tourism that you really wouldn't get it. No offense taken trixie I just don't think you get it if you don't live here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12