Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Alert! Need To Watch This!

Somebody told me that they heard on Fox News on Megyn Kelly that when Obama met with the Hispanic Caucus today, he was asked to use his executive powers to give the Dreamers legalization. Don't know what Obama told them. Did anyone else see this? If not, we need to monitor Fox News to see if it comes up again.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S. News
    Obama, Hispanic caucus meet on DREAM Act
    Published: Dec. 21, 2010 at 2:11 PM

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/12/ ... 292934845/
    WASHINGTON, Dec. 21 (UPI) -- U.S. President Barack Obama and members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Tuesday criticized the Senate for not advancing immigration reform.

Obama met with Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., and Reps. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., Nydia Valazquez, D-N.Y., Charlie Gonzalez, D-Texas, and Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., following the Senate's failure Saturday to allow the DREAM Act to advance. The measure would have allowed illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children and who completed high school and attended college or joined the military to achieve legal status.

The Senate Saturday fell five votes short of ending a Republican filibuster against the measure, effectively ending immigration reform efforts this year, and possibly for the next two years. The House passed the measure this year.

Obama assured those attending the meeting he will not give up on the legislation and said he remains committed to comprehensive immigration reform.

The White House estimates the DREAM Act would have shaved the federal budget deficit by $2.2 billion in the next decade.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe this what your looking for.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-222328.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Not a white face to be found anywhere in the room!"GREAT!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WHY IS ALL THE MEDIA FOR AMNESTY???? ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU READ THE COMMENTS - THE PEOPLE WHO COMMENT HAVE THE SAME OPINIONS AS US?!?!

Facing long odds, Obama vows immigration push

By CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN | 12/21/10 2:25 PM EST
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46684.html

President Barack Obama told Congressional Hispanic Caucus members Tuesday that he’ll renew his push for comprehensive immigration reform in 2011 — even though such an effort would face even longer odds in a Congress where Republicans control the House.

Obama made the pledge after the defeat last weekend of a more narrowly tailored reform measure, which cleared the Democratic House by a slim margin but failed in the Senate on Saturday.

"It was to reassure us that he wasn't giving up," Rep. Charles Gonzalez (D-Texas), chairman of the caucus, told POLITICO. "What he said was we would still be looking at reforming the immigration laws and it would be comprehensive."

After a 45-minute Oval Office meeting, Gonzalez and Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said the president suggested he would address the issue in his State of the Union speech, which aims to set the agenda for the next year.

"My impression was this issue is not going away, and it is necessary for the economic health of the country," Gonzalez said. "He will be touching on it in the State of the Union."

By reiterating his commitment, Obama has decided that the rightward tilt of the next Congress will not deter him from pushing comprehensive reform, even though the chances for success are slim. The incoming House leadership has pledged to go in a much different direction than Democrats, pushing for more border control measures and stronger enforcement.

The meeting included a discussion of what would be legislatively possible, given that Republicans will take control of the House and narrow the Democratic majority in the Senate, participants said.

"He was looking to us for our input for what would happen in the House," Gonzalez said. “We told the president we would be incredibly vigilant at the subcommittee level and through the legislative process.â€
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    U.S. News
    Obama, Hispanic caucus meet on DREAM Act
    Published: Dec. 21, 2010 at 2:11 PM

The White House estimates the DREAM Act would have shaved the federal budget deficit by $2.2 billion in the next decade.
    Bet we could save almost $2.2 Billion in 2011 of we could just get obama and his ilk to enforce our immigration laws so these moochers would self deport. Probably would not need to cut SS for us seniors that paid in for 40+ years. Obama's aunt, as an example, lived as an illegal in public housing with free medical don't know for sure if she got welfare but feel sure she did...now they gave her amnesty and she draws $800. from SS disability & never paid in one day in her life. Seniors need to tell Congress ....if they didn't pay in then NO SS. Why take from me & give to "them". Bet most of you have parents that feel just like I do.

I don't know the whole story because I have not had time to follow it all, but I'd be shocked if Barakula tried this. From what I hear Congressman Issa has mucho dirt on him for impeachable offenses.

Yeah, maybe Mr. Obama can get the Hispanic Caucus to produce a birth certificate for him too while they're at it.

I have read on Dreamers Blogs that they are also asking Obama to give them TPS (Temporary Protective Status) until they can get the Dream Act or CIF passed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast