Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Alien Nation (Mexicans Boo American National Anthem)

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2011/06/alien-nation/

For those of you who aren’t habitual soccer fans-and I include myself in that category-America’s loss to Mexico in the Gold Cup Final this weekend might not have been an earth-shattering event. However, the importance of the match’s outcome-a 4-2 loss by the United States-was overshadowed by what happened outside of the game, which took place in Pasadena, California, part of Los Angeles. The same city run by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, the rabidly pro-Mexican open borders enthusiast who supports a boycott of Arizona and L.A. remaining a sanctuary city.
    It’s within this context that the reception our national soccer team received at the Rose Bowl saturday must be viewed.

Keep in mind, the Mexican fans who assembled to watch their team were not merely cheering for Mexico, a country they had abandoned in order to come to the United States. They were showering abuse upon American soccer players on their (ostensible) home soil, booing the national anthem of the country they had sworn loyalty too-assuming, of course, that they had immigrated here legally-and acting the same way Mexican soccer fans south of the border do whenever our soccer team heads to Estadio Azteca. To give you a clue as to how Mexican spectators act when in Mexico, check out sports journalist Martin Rogers’ account of last year’s soccer match between these two soccer rivals in Mexico City...
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I suppose it's time for a group of us Americans to trek down to Mexico, attend a public sporting event where they play the Mexican national anthem and boo them down right back?

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    I suppose it's time for a group of us Americans to trek down to Mexico, attend a public sporting event where they play the Mexican national anthem and boo them down right back?
    Good idea but I don't want to stoop to their level. I think Americans are above that.

At least we don't skin people alive and hang people from bridges like SOME people!

"When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Soccer is a great sport as I am sure you will find the players are dedicated sportsman too. I just wonder what the Mexican players thought of that kind of disrespect?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Awesome.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    And an LA Times writer approves

June 27, 2011

In Rose Bowl, Mexico is 'home' team as U.S. soccer team is booed (updated)

David Paulin
    24 Comments

...for the sake of those who will say this is just a sporting contest, and nothing is to be inferred or learned from it, here are a couple thoughts:

In soccer, as in no other sport, team allegiance mirrors national allegiance. Soccer's ultimate contest, The World Cup, is a competition of national teams. The national team World Cup mentality dominates the entire fan base. In inter-country games, the fan roots for the team whose flag owns his heart and claims his first allegiance. The PC Los Angeles Times quotes one of the Mexican team's Rose Bowl fans, in part, as follows: "I was born in Mexico, and that is where myheart will always be." Exactly. And that's the problem with recent and present Mexican immigration.

The massive river of immigrants from Mexico, legal and illegal, that the Democratic Party has been chaperoning into America for decades, in goals and desires, is not your grandparents' immigrants. The vast majority come to share space and partake of our prosperity (such as it is), not to become Americans. They are encouraged in these aims by those who welcome them for their own electoral purposes -- Democrat activists, who know that, as an unassimilated nation apart, laden with grievances and a sense of victimhood, Mexican immigrants are most likely to become dependable clients and voters of the statist party.

Judging by the sympathies of the vast majority of the Rose Bowl crowd, Democrats are getting their wish. No one will ever know for sure how many present at Pasadena on that warm southern California evening were second or third generation "Americans", or how many are in fact American citizens. But those in the crowd who fit these profiles must have been huge in number. And still, whether second or third generation, or American citizen, their first allegiance manifestly was to a foreign state.

And that first allegiance is dragging America into balkanization and disintegration. In these trends, as in so many other phenomena destructive of the nation we all once knew, California leads the way. New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado are right behind, closing fast. Other states will follow if the pattern is not stopped and soon.

In his last public utterance, then former President Theodore Roosevelt spoke of the terms on which immigration to America should be offered, and of the reward for the immigrant's acceptance of those terms:

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birthplace or origin. But this is predicated on the man's becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American.

If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American.

"We have room for but one language here and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, and American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding house; and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people."

Letter of President Theodore Roosevelt, January, 1919, written and read, as intended, in public, just before his death.

Theodore Roosevelt's views of immigration to America, and the promise America extended to the immigrants who kept their side of the bargain, were in fact the terms on which the great waves of European immigrants to America during the period 1880-1920 came, lived their lives, and became Americans. This writer's four grandparents were among them. That system worked. And it would work again. In fact, Theodore Roosevelt's terms are those which every nation in the world, including Mexico, (but not America), requires of its immigrants.

We need to return to our grandparents' immigration: assimilation, English and single, undivided loyalty. Multiculturalism is a catastrophic, nation-destroying mistake, invented by Democrats to prop up their sagging electoral base. It is pulling America apart.

In the meantime, to each of those living in America whose hearts will always be in Mexico, we can only wish a safe one way journey that reunites heart with body.

Yet another example of Mexico's reconquista of America's Southwest was displayed at the Rose Bowl in the prestigious Gold Cup Final between the U.S. and Mexico's soccer teams.

Mexico was the "home team" for the largely Hispanic crowd. America's national anthem got no respect: Air horns blared. And once the game started, the U.S. team was constantly booed. Every goal by Mexico's team drew shouts of "Ole!"

So what does the Los Angeles Times think about this unsettling spectacle? Sports reporter Bill Plaschke likes it and says so in an article, "In Gold Cup final, it's red, white and boo again." http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-062 ... 114.column

He writes:

How many places are so diverse that it could fill football stadiums with folks whose roots are somewhere else? How many places offer such a freedom of speech that someone can display an American flag on their porch one day and cheer against the flag the next? I hated it, but I loved it. It felt as if I was in a strange place, and yet I felt right at home."

He loves it?...But hates it? And gets a warm and fuzzy feeling because it's all about "diversity." Well, this certainly sounds like a nasty case of liberal cognitive dissonance - an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding conflicting ideas in one's mind at the same time.

To be sure, the sort of thing that Plaschke and L.A. Times regard as an all-American display has been going on for years in Los Angeles. Harvard political scientist Samuel P. Huntington was particularly appalled by what he considered the anti-American displays evident in the Rose Bowl in 1998.

In his famous essay "The Hispanic Challenge" http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/blogs/gems ... panicC.pdf in Foreign Policy magazine, Huntington saw the disrespect for American's national anthem and the booing of the U.S. soccer team as harbingers of things to come - a country split in two as Mexicans and other Latinos failed to assimilate into American culture.

Referring to Mexican-Americans booing America's national anthem and even assaulting U.S. soccer players, Huntington wrote:

"Such dramatic rejections of the United States and assertions of Mexican identity are not limited to an extremist minority in the Mexican-American community. Many Mexican immigrants and their offspring simply do not appear to identify primarily with the United States."

That a Los Angles Times writer approves of the most recent Rose Bowl spectacle underscores yet again that many in the mainstream media are out-of-step with what most Americans believe.

Incidentally, one Mexican-American quoted by the L.A. Times said that booing the U.S. team was a natural thing to do. Victor Sanchez, 37, was apparently brought to the U.S. as a boy. Dressed in a Mexico jersey, he explained: "I love this country, it has given me everything that I have, and I'm proud to be part of it. But yet, I didn't have a choice to come here, I was born in Mexico, and that is where myheart will always be."

He added: "We're not booing the country, we're booing the team. There is a big difference."

Samuel Huntington, who died in 2008, would not be surprised.

Update: Jared Peterson adds:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... booed.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I can't wait till they're all Booing us from they're side of the fence!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    I would strongly advise against that if you value your health. Mexico does not play the multiculturalism and diversity game like the US does. Mexico is a fiercely nationalistic country and any disrespect you show to Mexican nationalism will be met with arrest and likely violence being inflicted upon you.

I guarantee it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast