Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SOSAD - Just chalk it up to 'technical mumbo-jumbo'

Populist - Yes, agreed. I think we'll need to hold off for a bit and see what W has for plans to address this. I'm contemplating some options as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amnesty is an ALWAYS threat, unfortunately!

I should also add that we have to make it clear to moderate, sensible Democrats as well, that we will NOT accept Baca's transparent amnesty scheme. We cannot be complacent on this.

BTW, here's some background info on the politics of this from a Weekly Standard blog:
    ----------

Democrats to Revive 'Comprehensive' Immigration Reform?
    From Roll Call:

[i]“There is the formation of a consensus,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I spoke directly with Congressman Schuler's office. He is the author of the SAVE Act. His office stated that they have heard a lot of rumors. If they try to attach this to his SAVE ACT, he himself will vote against his own bill. This is straight from his office.

They also said, that "the leadership controls what comes up for a vote." (It's obviously that Pelosi, and Emanuel are stagnating the Save Act.

His office said to have anyone who has questions to please call his office.

We talked for about 10-15 minutes.

Personally, I think the Democrats would shoot themselves in the foot if they try this. The bill right now has 144 co-sponsors and is has bi-partisan support. I would bet that the Democrats just voted into office and are conservative Democrats just may give Pelosi heartburn on other issues if they try to undermine Schuler's bill. Just my opinion. We'll have to see.

Banned
    They won't attach it

They will try to ram it though on its own and have a good
    chance

Pilosi will bring this up and work to ram it through while
    the SAVE act won't even get a committee hearing

MW
    House Democrats are crafting scaled-down immigration reform legislation despite the political minefields that surround the issue, with Hispanic Members seeking five-year visas for illegal immigrants who pay fines and pass criminal background checks.
    Looks like the Democrats are attempting to get the law dogs called off their beloved illegals until the time is right for another path to legalization attempt.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Fix the url please.

Yep, agreed MW.

Populist - I agree with your approach in your post too. It is time to work the Dem intensively to change some minds too.

Y'all remember what happened last time a big amnesty attempt was tried?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqeRqI8CTw

Thanks for fixing the url.

I know when I called Schuler's office the first thing I said was "I'm a supporter of the Save Act." That really opened the doors. Perhaps we need to start calling the Democrats who have co-sponsored the Save Act. Tell them we are aware of the back door 5-year visa amnesty dealings and we're not happy with it. We support Congressman Schuler's bill the Save Act that they have signed onto. Ask why is YOUR leadership undermining you?

Let me include a link to this thread as it is highly related and will be of interest as well: http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103892.html

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast