Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC: Kelly's endorsement sparks ugly accusations

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 9:09 PM EDT Updated: Oct 22, 2010 9:17 PM EDT

Reporter: Claire Doan

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) – Some Democrats are accusing Republican Candidate Jesse Kelly of having ties to white supremacists, after his campaign was endorsed by a controversial political action committee called Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC).

The Anti-Defamation League said group has ties to white supremacist groups.

When 9 On Your Side's Claire Doan asked Kelly multiple times if he applied for the endorsement. Kelly repeatedly said: "We're supported by a whole host of groups and we don't know who supports those groups."

However, ALIPAC's website shows the questionnaire Kelly filled out, receiving the endorsement.

Senator John McCain's campaign condemned ALIPAC after the organization endorsed former Representative J.D. Hayworth – his opponent in the U.S. Senate primary election – stating ALIPAC is "backed by white supremacists, neo-Nazis and anti-Semites."

"A lot of people support me that I don't agree with, and just because they support me doesn't mean anything about my views," McCain said when Doan asked him whether he feels the same way about Kelly's endorsement.

When reports broke about the implications about Kelly's endorsement by ALIPAC, Kelly's campaign manager posted the following on his Facebook page.

"These lies are being joined by the rumor mill too quick to spread in the political world we live in. As a practicing Jew, I am disgusted," wrote Adam Kwasman.

According to the ALIPAC website, the group's mission is "fighting against illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal aliens and seek a peaceful solution to the crisis that involves Americans of every race, Party, and denomination working together."

ALIPAC President William Gheen elaborated in a phone interview with KGUN9 News.

"Our officers have backgrounds in civil rights campaigns and we're known nationally for working with blacks, Hispanic leaders while publicly rebuking racists and racist groups," Gheen said. "The allegation we're supported by racists and Nazis are completely false and ludicrous. We support Jesse Kelly because he opposes amnesty for illegal aliens of every race."

However, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) indicated on its website that ALIPAC is tied to Stormfront, Vinlanders Social Club, European Americans United and David Duke.

"They have history of using extremely harsh rhetoric with regard to immigrants – legal and illegal," said Bill Straus, ADL's Regional Director, told 9 On Your Side. "You have look at the behavior of the organization. If the organization is attracting support from neo-Nazis and white supremacists then they're obviously doing something, acting in a way that is viewed as favorable by those extremist organizations."

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13374425
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HERE IS THE FULL WRITTEN QUOTE I GAVE THEM SO YOU CAN ALL SEE HOW MY COMMENTS WERE EDITED!

22% of ALIPAC supporters are minorities, we are currently endorsing black, Hispanic, and Asian candidates, Republicans and Democrats as part of the over 200 Federal candidates we have endorsed, our officers have backgrounds in civil rights campaigns, and we are known nationally for working with black and Hispanic leaders while publicly rebuking racism and racist groups. The allegations we are supported by racists and nazis are completely false. We are supporting Jesse Kelly because he opposes Amnesty for illegal aliens of every race, while his opponent Gabrielle Giffords supports Amnesty for illegal aliens. -- William Gheen official statement to : Claire Doan of TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) on Oct. 22, 2010
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: ALIPAC: Kelly's endorsement sparks ugly accusations

However, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) indicated on its website that ALIPAC is tied to Stormfront, Vinlanders Social Club, European Americans United and David Duke.

"They have history of using extremely harsh rhetoric with regard to immigrants – legal and illegal," said Bill Straus, ADL's Regional Director,
    Isn't it time to sue the ADL? If nothing else they are using this lies to raise funds.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I was thinking the same thing,,, I would love a class action lawsuit against the Anti-Defamation League and the SPLC

THE FAR FAR EXTREAM PERVERTED IN THE HEAD LEFT ADL and SPLC are about as gooney goo goo as you can get

They have nothing left. Their ONLY rebuttal is to cry 'racism, racism!'. They have rode that old horse hard and put her up wet. These people are ridiculous.

Talk about defamation, we should sic LadySTclaire on they ass!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn