Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC mentioned in pro H1B blog

see below comment (the pro H1B crowd is getting desperate):

"Posts that oppose H-1B and employment based immigration are from Programmers Guild (supported by ALIPAC, Center for Immigration Studies, NumbersUSA, …).

They covertly plant the SAME POROUS LIES (at EVERY H-1B blog) to obscure truth and influence public opinion.

Less then 15 members represent them in blogs despite repeated emails asking members to blog. These members post with multiple handles giving the impression that many persons share their views. "

in:

http://fsbfeatures(DOT)blogs.fsb.cnn.com/2008/04/17/h1b-visa-crunch-i-cant-grow-my-business/

"H1B visa crunch: ‘I can’t grow my business"

Oh, I scanned many of the posts in that and suffice to say, it's the same old line of 'the market means everything', 'we're better trained than you', 'Americans are too stupid', etc. etc. - I've seen it all before.

Interestingly, the one point that I did NOT see articulated was the fact that working in the US is not a RIGHT, but a PRIVILEGE (for the non-national). Those funny little things called RULES seem to be something that *some people* casually overlook.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Millere,
    Sorry I haven't kept in touch better.

Yeah, they dispatch that crap from their giant anti-American website. Much is probably the Tata staff pushing propaganda.

Thanks,
    Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Uh oh!

From the article that Millere cited,

Quote Originally Posted by Peter T
    CNN should investigate ALIPAC, Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), NumbersUSA, Programmers Guild, Zazona/Job Destruction, …

The THOROUGH investigation should cover their skill level, attitude and ethics. It should mention their membership count.

The investigation should assess this group’s utility, if any, to corporate America and Society. It should also assess the benefits, if any, of reduced H-1B (and/or additional H-1B restrictions) to these groups.

In the absence of any utility of this group, the investigation should assess their LIABILITY to the nation!

The investigation should be freely available so that everyone can verify it!
    Moderators, is the ALIPAC staff braced and ready for this investigation? Gasp!
    Do we need to start worrying and hand-wringing?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Now that you mention it, we should look into helping the Programmers Guild

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't mean to get wrapped around the axle this morning, but, ok, just one more...

The investigation should assess this group’s utility, if any, to corporate America and Society
    And using such a suitably high standard one could also call into question the 'utility' of the American Cancer Society, MADD, PETA, heck, why not throw in the Red Cross too? Organizations don't exist to please corporate America (or not). GRRRR!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Now that you mention it, we should look into helping the Programmers Guild

W
    I'd sign-on to that.

Also, there are others spearheading the effort that include:
    Norm Matloff, Ron Hira, John Miano, etc. - establishing contacts and working cooperatively with all of them would be a very good thing (IMHO). Yes, I realize that the issue revolves around LEGAL immigration levels, but the fact that many of these visa programs are abused and go unenforced (eg. visa overstays especially) does lend relevance to our stated organizational efforts.

CORPORATE AMERICA SHOULD NEVER GET OUT OF COUNTRY HELP UNTIL

THEY HAVE WENT TO THE STATE UNEMPLOYMENT TO FILL THE POSITION

THEY HAVE TO FILL.

WHY AREN'T OUR STATE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICES BEING USED?

I BELIEVE IN NORTH CAROLINA YOU NOW HAVE TO HAVE A FOUR YEAR DEGREE TO BE A CASE WORKER.

DOES THIS NOT TELL YOU SOMETHING?

PEOPLE WITH DEGREES IN AMERICA ARE NOT GETTING HIRED.

BUT CORPORATE AMERICA NEEDS WORKERS FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY?

Legally(not that that word means much) US Businesses that need employees are suppose to have proof that they searched every available employment resource in the US, with a legitimate reason for not being able to find workers from the US before they can fill out a H1B,2 work order.
    Bill Gates don't even look for US workers.
    ------------------------

You have to be careful with H1-b imported labor and some "border hawks". Saxby Chambliss and a lot of the other southern conservatives on go soft on this issue because tech companies are lining their pockets.

H1b Indians are a trojan horse. I worked with one a few years ago. He brought a girl over for himself to marry and last I heard he was bringing his parents over to take care of their children. For one H1b Indian, we actually got 6. Think about it. Would you want to live next door to them? There are entire blocks with only Indian families on them in some suburbs in my area. Think about the poor family that had their neighborhood taken over by foreigners. I can't vote for someone who allows this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast