Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    CORPORATE AMERICA SHOULD NEVER GET OUT OF COUNTRY HELP UNTIL

THEY HAVE WENT TO THE STATE UNEMPLOYMENT TO FILL THE POSITION

THEY HAVE TO FILL.

WHY AREN'T OUR STATE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICES BEING USED?

I BELIEVE IN NORTH CAROLINA YOU NOW HAVE TO HAVE A FOUR YEAR DEGREE TO BE A CASE WORKER.

DOES THIS NOT TELL YOU SOMETHING?

PEOPLE WITH DEGREES IN AMERICA ARE NOT GETTING HIRED.

BUT CORPORATE AMERICA NEEDS WORKERS FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY?
    For H1-B the State Employment Offices are being (AB)USED, they post a job for 50 Welders at $15.00 per hour (Heliarc) and when there are no takers, they apply for H1B workers. Nobody does heliarc welding for 15 bucks an hour with 10 HRS OT at 22.50, not in Louisiana, no where else I know of.

BINGO-H1B to the rescue!!! Bring em over and work em cheap.

STOP H1B ABUSE NOW.

Hi AcadienRefugee,
    You might recall this video showing the law firm in PHL.
    These lawyers teach employers how to exclude Americans and hire H-1B NON-immigrants.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zs8m3MzRw4

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    CORPORATE AMERICA SHOULD NEVER GET OUT OF COUNTRY HELP UNTIL

THEY HAVE WENT TO THE STATE UNEMPLOYMENT TO FILL THE POSITION

THEY HAVE TO FILL.

WHY AREN'T OUR STATE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICES BEING USED?

I BELIEVE IN NORTH CAROLINA YOU NOW HAVE TO HAVE A FOUR YEAR DEGREE TO BE A CASE WORKER.

DOES THIS NOT TELL YOU SOMETHING?

PEOPLE WITH DEGREES IN AMERICA ARE NOT GETTING HIRED.

BUT CORPORATE AMERICA NEEDS WORKERS FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY?
    It doesn't matter what qualifications a state employment agency worker has. You have to realize that the situation with these government job shops is a lot worse than you think. Case in point: when I was laid off after 2001 I was allowed to apply for "dislocated worker" assistance which was supposed to mean that the Federal government was working with state agencies to provide extra effort in putting area workers into jobs which in my case meant Dearborn Michigan where Ford Motors and others were victims of the post 9-11 economic malaise. The agency I was assigned to was an Arab cultural center in downtown Dearborn which provided welfare assistance to recent Arab immigrants. They also had the "one stop" work assistance office that I was assigned to by the Federal dislocated worker program. After a year of attending meetings with these people I did not get one single job interview setup as a result of their Federally funded employment assistance.

It turns out that they were an Arab cultural center who got the Federal to government to give them money for hiring employment assistance people and they could not have been worse candidates for the jobs. These cushy government "jobs" actually went to friends and cronies with no real experience in helping people get back to work. One of my contacts was a middle-aged Arab gentleman who full-filled the requirements of his job by giving phony pep talks on the need to 'hang in there', keep a good attitude and rewrite your resume with 'action verbs'. He admitted during one of his "talks" that before he became a 'job counselor' he had been working part-time at a Jewellery shop and had no experience in the job field at all. Several years later I came across a newspaper article about this so-called "job center"; they had been raided by the FBI because their "employees" had been using their jobs as fronts for other activities. Here is an article about the job center I was attending. It is no wonder I got no help:

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives ... ubern.html

"That includes ACCESS. It was a sponsor of the 2002 Divestment Conference at the University of Michigan. Its federal job-training money apparently went to fund commercial driving lessons for members of an Al-Qaeda terrorist cell. And ACCESS opposed adding Hezbollah--and other Islamic terror groups--to the State Department Terrorist List. Its Arab American National Museum features several anti-Israel exhibits. ACCESS' offices were raided by the FBI in 2002 because the agency was involved in enabling pregnant Muslim foreigners to get Medicaid to have their babies delivered in the United States."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12