Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Great news "Zeezil" according to the news they are working on employer sanctions right now....do you know about this?
    No, SoSad...can you find out what that is about?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Great news "Zeezil" according to the news they are working on employer sanctions right now....do you know about this?
    No, SoSad...can you find out what that is about?
    I'll see what I can find out!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here is what I found, SB81 is a very long bill, I believe the news was talking about the E-Verify program that AZ. passed, it is included in this bill, but wow if this whole bill passed ( which they won't, I am sure they are tearing it apart as we speak). This bill covers just about everything, was to long to put on here but I put the most important parts if you want to see more I posted the link at the bottom.

[b]S.B. 81
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

2008 GENERAL SESSION
    STATE OF UT
    Chief Sponsor: John W. Hickman

Jail verify immgration status
    requires a county sheriff to make a reasonable effort to determine the citizenship
    14 status of a person confined to a county jail for a period of time and to verify the
    15 immigration status of a confined foreign national, and makes it a rebuttable
    16 presumption, for the purpose of determining the grant or issuance of a bond, that a
    17 person verified by the sheriff's efforts as a foreign national not lawfully admitted
    18 into the United States is at risk of flight;

in-state tuition
    restricts the exemption from paying the nonresident portion of total tuition at a state
    23 institution of higher education to students without lawful immigration status who
    24 meet certain statutory prerequisites and register as an entering student at the
    25 institution prior to May 1, 2010;
    26 . provides that an individual who is not lawfully present in the United States is not
    27 eligible on the basis of residence within the state for a higher education benefit, to
    . provides that an individual who is not lawfully present in the United States is not
    27 eligible on the basis of residence within the state for a higher education benefit, that
    include scholarships, financial aid, and resident tuition, with one temporary exception;

Employment.
    provides for the withholding of state income tax at the top rate from an independent
    30 contractor who fails to provide documentation to the contracting entity that verifies
    31 the independent contractor's employment authorization pursuant to the prohibition
    32 against the use of unauthorized alien labor;
    33 . provides for the creation and issuance of identification documents and requires that
    34 those identification documents issued by public entities go only to United States
    35 citizens, nationals, or legal permanent resident aliens with certain exceptions;
    36 . provides for exceptions to the issuance of identification documents by public
    37 entities based on valid documentation of certain approved or pending immigration
    38 status and places time period restrictions on the length of validity of the documents;

E-verify

39 . requires public employers to register with and use a Status Verification System to
    40 verify the federal authorization status of a new employee;
    41 . beginning July 1, 2009, provides that a public employer may not enter into a
    42 contract for the physical performance of services within the state with a contractor
    43 unless the contractor registers and participates in the Status Verification System to
    44 verify the work eligibility status of the contractor's new employees;
    45 . identifies as a discriminatory employment practice the discharging of a lawful
    46 employee while retaining an unauthorized alien in the same job category;

Requires Proof of legal residence for state Benifits more at link below.

Law Enforcement

provides, subject to the availability of funding, for the establishment of a Fraudulent
    56 Documents Identification Unit by the attorney general for the primary purpose of
    57 investigating, apprehending, and prosecuting individuals who participate in the sale
    58 or distribution of fraudulent identification documents created and prepared for

individuals who are unlawfully residing within the state;
    60 . requires the attorney general to negotiate a Memorandum of Understanding with the
    61 United States Department of Justice or the United States Department of Homeland
    62 Security for the enforcement of federal immigration and customs laws within the
    63 state by state and local law enforcement personnel;
    64 . prohibits a unit of local government from enacting an ordinance or policy that limits
    65 or prohibits a law enforcement officer or government employee from
    66 communicating or cooperating with federal officials regarding the immigration
    67 status of a person within the state; and
    68 . makes it a class A misdemeanor for a person to:
    69 . transport in this state an alien, knowing that the alien is in the United States in
    70 violation of federal law, in furtherance of the illegal presence in the United
    71 States; or
    72 . conceal, harbor, or shelter from detection an alien, in a place within this state,
    73 knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that the alien is in the United States
    74 in violation of federal law

See the whole bill at link below

http://le.utah.gov/~2008/bills/sbillint/sb0081.htm
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here is what I found, SB81 is a very long bill, I believe the news was talking about the E-Verify program that AZ. passed, it is included in this bill, but wow if this whole bill passed ( which they won't, I am sure they are tearing it apart as we speak). This bill covers just about everything, was to long to put on here but I put the most important parts if you want to see more I posted the link at the bottom.

S.B. 81
    Nice work, SoSad. I'll take a look
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a break right now. I will start e-mailing right now!

Been sick with sinus headache for couple days now, will start back now though .

See the bill on page one of this tread!! Vote yes for SB81

Utah Senate contact information

http://se15.utahsenate.org/perl/spage/roster2007.pl

Finished all the e-mails indiviually, whew! On to the calls

WAY TO GO EVERYONE....THE LINK ABOVE IS GREAT, YOU CAN CLICK RIGHT DOWN THE LIST ON THE E-MAILS

KEEP AFTER THEM!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>"RED ALERT"<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Utah HB 81...Need calls now!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-104592.html
    Utah "HB239" and Indiana" SB335".... Call, e-mail campaign!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-103479-days ... asc-0.html

See the bill on page one of this tread!! Vote yes for SB81

Utah Senate contact information

http://se15.utahsenate.org/perl/spage/roster2007.pl
    OK, folks...lets get on the phones today and tomorrow, along with e-mail and faxes to the Utah Senators (29 of them) and ask them NOT to Water Down SB 81:
    http://www.utahsenate.org/perl/spage/roster2007.pl
    NOTE: The phone number for the Utah Senate is (801) 538-1035. To speak to individual Senator's staffers, it is best to call that number and the receptionist can then connect you to their Senate office. The phone numbers listed for each senator at the above link are their "day job" numbers and home numbers.
    NOTE 2: The above link is good to use for sending e-mails

See: http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-628227.html#628227 as to why SB 81 has been delayed from Utah Senate action until Thursday.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use it if you like:

Dear Senator ---------

News reports have said that SB 81 has been delayed until Thursday for Senate action. Senator Hickman stated that is so concerns of "religious and business organizations can be addressed".

Please do not water down the enforcement provisions of the bill to appease these two groups who have a vested interest in open borders and illegal immigration.

It is important to have a bill with teeth that protects the interests of the American citizen and LEGAL residents of Utah and America. These are the groups who should be kept in mind, not special interests, when addressing illegal immigration.

Please keep SB 81 focused on addressing the negative impacts of illegal immigration on our communities, culture, economy, institutions and society.

Sincerely,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast