Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I Racist?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Am I Racist?

My heart is broken. A friend of mine has just called me racist for my 'tough love' policy towards Mexico. It hurt me so bad to argue with her, but for her to call me racist was like a knife into my chest. You may recall that I stood one to a few hundred thousand last year and she was right there by my side, that was when we first meet and she has been a good friend ever since.

The argument began because I told her I refused to drink Miller Chill, a new beer by Miller Brewing company with a twist of lime and advertised in Spanglish on billboards, tv and radio.

I explained that SAB Miller, a foreign company, openly sponsored a rally for illegal aliens and has openly supported their legalization. I told her I really don't drink miller anyways, but this was the end for me. I believe that all of their sponsoring etc... was to help this new beer do better when it was released in Spanglish (look at the time they began funding these groups and rallies would be about the advertising testing phases of a new beverage about to be released .. appx 1.25 years).

Due to the fact that Miller Light gives me the runs and Miller's past and current support of open borders and amnesty I refused to drink their beverage products.

Some how the conversation turned to Corona, another beer I dislike and have long before this debacle grew so large. I told her that I dont like Corona, Tecate or any other Mexican beer and that right now I would rather not buy stuff from Mexico.

She got very argumentitive and even brough up travel to Mexico, Cancun and the like. Again I told her that responsible Americans would start cutting off Mexico, Mexican Imports and Travel until the nation began to clean up a bit. I used 'Slim' the 3rd richest billionaire in the world and Mexican National as a great example of how the rich in Mexico are very rich, but the poor are very poor.

I explained that until Mexico institutes social services such as electricty, quality construction codes, clean running water that I refused to give any of them money (btw no shopping at Comp USA as Slim owns it too).

I also explained that the current climate in Mexico is favorable for terrorist groups and drug cartels and that the corrupt government does little to change this. Look at the growing Zappatistas movement, the border crossers who tried to bomb Ft. Dix and the nearly constant flow of beheadings of journalist screaming for change and government intervention.

Add on top of that a nation's whose number one export is people when it should be oil and you have a massive mess on your hands.

At the age of 10 I stayed in Nueva Rosita Mexico with a family. I remember the tin roofs, the lack of windows and insulation, the dirt roads and the spirit of the people. I remember watching as Suzy boiled pots of water, not for making pasta but to drink. I remember watching Felipe read by candle light because their the electricity was out and probably wouldn't be on again anytime soon. I remember watching the poor flood the bridge over the Rio Grande to beg for change from the Americans as my parents made sure the doors were locked and the windows were up.

It was this experience that led me to support President Clinton's NAFTA and that now leads me to be against it. It seems to me that any improvements made to Mexico in the past 17 years are highly minimal and that all of the profits made from this agreement has gone to the already rich like 'Slim', the bureacrats and the drug cartels.

Did you know that Mexico has massive fields that would put the USA's wheat, barley, corn and soybean production to shame? There are a few problems though. Crops, as I understand, are not subsidized in Mexico and the farmers can pay very little for harvesters, so in Harvest season the good labor heads north to take American jobs and either their crops rot of Mexican farmers hire..... illegal aliens.

This policy needs to change, but Mexico won't make any of the drastic changes necessary to improve this, why should they. Those skilled harvesters send back $20 billion a year from the USA and that out weighs what food production would bring in domestically.

All I am saying is that it's time to stop giving and giving and time to start taking a little and playing Hardball. Build a fence, and make it clear that corruption is no way to run democracy. The Mexican people deserve better and we Americans dont need to aid their demise and their crappy living conditions nor do we need to give them an excuse to abandon their homeland and families to try to do better. Mexico needs to improve PERIOD!

Finally I have on question which will magically determine if you are racist:

Have you ever thought "I wish that Mexican/Black/White/Asian/Indian/Arab/Hispanic/Chinese/Russian would Go Away/Die/Shut Up etc....."?

If you answered yes then you are a racist and need to wake up and realize that race is not a factor in how good a person is as human.

And just to make one final point, there are white and black people who are native born in Mexico therefore saying I do not like a country does not make me a racist because A: it's a country not it's people and B: I am white too.

Mexico has not changed, and it's time that we as Americans picked up that big stick and started swinging it again.

I will make a bet that everyone on here has some really good Hispanic Legal Immigrant friends. So no you are not racist, nor are you a bigot. You need to drive your friend to a city on protest days. The first Mexican Flag flown on top of an American Flag and words you are the immigrants may just change her mind.
    I have come across of few friends like yours. They don't know the facts. Show her a few facts of the impact of Illegal Immigration and show her our government and how they are bigots for exploiting these people when they come across the border with allowing large corporations to hire them and keeping the profits and not taking care of there workers.
    If there are any bigots in this country it is corporate America and the government. They don't want to do it the right way. If they did they may actually get some that want to assimilate into our culture and do the right thing.
    I say The United States Government and Corporate America are the bigots. Not us.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

You seem to be a very well informed person. It's a shame your friend called you racist but that tends to be what people fall back on when they know you have proven them wrong. Just because your not supporting Mexican products because you don't agree with thier government does not make you a racist. Your friend should know better, if not it's her loss.

Paige wrote
    I say The United States Government and Corporate America are the bigots. Not us.
    Great point, Paige, they are the bigots for exploiting them. What's the reason why employers pay them less? Becuase they are 'just Mexicans' and they don't deserve to be paid fairly. That's their attitude. Why else would they not be paid what we are paid?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The word racism is misused. It has become to be any criticism of a person of another race. Racism is the belief that one race is inheritedly superior or inferior to another. Being critical of illegals but accepting legal people is in NO way racism. If I say a group of people, that are breaking the laws, should be deported or jailed, that in no way establishes my belief that they are inferior as a race. They are simply criminals. Mexican simply states their country of citizenship, not their race. Disliking Mexicans doesn't make one a racist in itself. I have Mexican friends but I seriously dislike illegal aliens of ANY country. I'm an equal opportunity "illegal alien disprover."

When people shout racism indiscriminately, tell them they need to go look up the word. I, too, will not buy Mexican products for the same reasons you listed. Corruption has made their country inferior even though it could be a world leader. Unfortunately it's that way because the people have allowed it. The U.S. has become the biggest enabler of corruption in Mexico by allowing them to dump their people on us and sit back and suck up the benefits of remittances. It's like handing an alcoholic a bottle. REPEAL NAFTA!

I'm Hispanic and have been called a bigot against Hispanics because I oppose illegal immigration. The funny thing, it wasn't a Hispanic who said it or some LaCommunistRaza freak, it was a "White" person who didn't know I'm Hispanic.

The government and corporate sleeze are not only the racists because they look the other way while Mexican and Central American illegals are turned into slaves, but they're racists and bigots for ignoring how legal Hispanics are probably the first and most negatively impacted Americans by illegals and then claiming everything they're doing is what Hispanics want.

Thanks Squishy, it is nice to hear from a different point of view. I do believe that a good line of defense should be,

SHUT DOWN THE REAL BIGOTS. THOSE WHO THINK THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH AND RICH ENOUGH TO EXLOIT ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Your reason for boycotting Mexican products is excellent. And it has much to do with the Mexican oligarchy -- which is 100% white. They have a caste system in Mexico -- the whiter you are, the higher your position in society. The real racism lies in Mexico. You are boycotting a racist country.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Your reason for boycotting Mexican products is excellent. And it has much to do with the Mexican oligarchy -- which is 100% white. They have a caste system in Mexico -- the whiter you are, the higher your position in society. The real racism lies in Mexico. You are boycotting a racist country.
    I am so glad you brought that up. I wrote that in a paper for an International Politics course and flunked, my paper was on Western Hemisphere Immigration and the professor a Chiliean Expert in South American Studies.... just a bit biased I think.

It bears repeating that this girl stood with me shoulder to shoulder in the midst od the mega march in Dallas last year. Together we pleaded with our fellow Americans to fight against this travesty, together we screamed that we were not racist or bigoted and together we showed that these colors do not run!

It hurts me so much that she said what she did and I hope that we can reconcile at some point.

dragon, you say your friend called you a racist, well I say anyone who would do that is NOT your friend.

I hope you explained to her that the word has no power over you, and is the kind of namecalling that people with no argument resort to when they know they are losing an argument.

I hope you told her that her calling you that was a blatant attempt to smear the messenger, to shut you up, and that you will not shut up.

I've been called a racist many times. the word has no power over me at all and I actually enjoy getting into it with these kinds of people because I easily lay waste to their despicable tactic. please note, I never "defend myself" against such a smear, I just expose the smear for what it is, the desperation of losers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast