Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

America Ferrera: Legalize Illegal Immigrants

You know, I really like the TV show "Ugly Betty" for the anti-model anti-everything-is-beautiful elements. However, not only did they have a "heart wrenching" type storyline where Betty's Dad turned out to be an illegal immigrant, who had taken a dead man's S.S. number (I could never tell whether Betty and her sister were anchor babies or not -- they apparently have S.S. numbers). They did a halfway decent job of her Dad owning up to his mistake and going back to Mexico to try to get a green card the legal way, but there were very much pro-illegal elements to the story. Not to mention, the Ugly Betty Hispanic-American actors who play Betty's father and sister (and other Hispanic actors) have been on commercials recently encouraging Hispanics to vote in the next election (not just encouraging everyone to register to vote, just Hispanics).

So, now we have America Ferrera, the star of Ugly Betty, talking about legalizing illegals, due to her new movie she stars in about Mexican's illegally crossing the border. So, it just about makes me want to stop watching Ugly Betty for this. Stop the Hispandering, people!! :

America Ferrera: Illegal Immigrants America’s Responsibility?

America Ferrera is more than just a, well, "Ugly" face.

The popular actress stars in the upcoming drama "Under the Same Moon," which centers on the struggle of crossing the Mexican border. Although she has shown avid support for Hillary Clinton in the race for the presidency, Ferrera believes all parties should be prepared to take responsibility for illegal immigration.

"Regardless of which candidate takes the White House, this is an issue this country has to face. There is no silver bullet — it is time we took immigrants out of the shadows and put them on the path to immigration," Ferrera told Tarts.

"We have to understand what is it that is making these people put their life on the line to come here and accept a very substandard way of living. Whatever it is, it must be better than what else is being offered. We all have dealt with not only what is going on in this country but what is happening on the other side of the border."

So what is it about the U.S. that lures so many to make that dangerous move?

"There is a kind of narrative that’s told that makes others want the American Dream and want our jobs," she said. "But in the end it just comes down to survival and providing for your family. It is false to think people crossing the border just want to drive a Mercedes-Benz and go to Disneyland."

But even for Ferrera, who spends most of her days peering out from those inch-thick "Ugly Betty" frames, she still can see the magical side of Tinseltown.

"A lot of Hollywood is based on visuals and manufactured ideas of beauty, and that is always going to exist. There is always going to be that vanity-driven, useless side of the industry," she said. "But then there is the part that is centered on making art and social commentary. I’m not going to compare Us Weekly to the Oscars."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337011,00.html

Her article is halfway down the page (this is a Hollywood gossip page with interviews and quotes).

I've never watched her show and never will.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Remember also that Ugly Better is at least co-produced by Salma Hayek. She is of Mexican descent and has also publicly advocated for the 'rights of illegals'.

...Go figure...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BTW, here's the official website for this pro-illegal movie:

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/underthesamemoon/

TexasGal

P.S. Yes, Salma Hayek is indeed a producer of the show, and guest-starred in several episodes of the first seaon. I always liked that Betty spoke no Spanish and never really wanted to learn, her sister knew both languages but always spoke Brooklyn English, and the Dad spoke terrific English and only rarely threw in Spanish sayings (e.g. he has NEVER demanded someone speak Spanish for him -- he learned to speak, write, and read the language, while still loving Spanish telenovellas). Their family always showed the full assimilation to the American culture, while honoring their Mexican background. They always talk about being proud Americans, especially the father. But this leaning towards the political left is getting on my nerves!

"We have to understand what is it that is making these people put their life on the line to come here and accept a very substandard way of living. Whatever it is, it must be better than what else is being offered. We all have dealt with not only what is going on in this country but what is happening on the other side of the border."
    Yeah, they like the money for nothing. If they were serious about wanting a better life, they would stay home and protest for their rights in their own countries! Instead, they come here for all the free benefits.

Get them out now.
    "

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    ALIPACer's,

Do not watch her show anymore, or if you have never seen it, don't start watching it. She, like the Salma hayek, is pro-illegal, and they will keep talking about amnesty until you are brain washed. Anyone who has ever watched the show, should write to ABC television and give the reason why you are not watching it any longer. If you continue to watch it, shame on you.

PS, Let's see how many people actually write to ABC..................
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

"There is a kind of narrative that’s told that makes others want the American Dream and want our jobs," she said. "But in the end it just comes down to survival and providing for your family. It is false to think people crossing the border just want to drive a Mercedes-Benz and go to Disneyland."
    Maybe not for some but there are others who are. Just busted one guy bragging how he could retire after maybe 5 years here......got caught for income tax fraud though.

I think more people might buy that line if the migrants were greatful and thankful for their host countries instead of demanding more and treating citizens like they were the enemy. You don't bite the hand that feeds you and degrade the very people who help provide the meals on your table like they were lazy fools. I've known many people who gave them a shot simply because they felt sorry for them.......not because they were all that good or did anything "better" than anyone else. When I lived in Florida they charged the same price as legal companies......some just decided to take them because they felt sorry for them. (lawn mowers) Their kids were in school with your kids....you admired them for their go-get-em willing to work attitude etc. You know....American values.....then to have them march in the streets and say it's because people are LAZY? I know many who did simply because they felt sorry for them and wanted to help.......lazy had nothing to do with it.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    "We have to understand what is it that is making these people put their life on the line to come here and accept a very substandard way of living.
    Accept a substandard way of living??? In America??? I thought the horrible standard of living in Mexico was the reason they're coming. If they think it's so bad here they should go home.

Never heard of this show or this actress. But if this is another poorly informed celebrity discussing public policy, I'm not interested in what they have to say.

I've never watched 'Ugly Betty' and I sure dont plan to now.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast