Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two points to make here:

First, the answer is a combination of effective border control and enforcement of our existing laws. Primarily, going after employers.

Second, does this man not see a difference between himself and the millions of poor, illiterate parasites pouring over the border fences? He took the efforts to learn English, become educated and become a citizen - which most do not. He became a part of American society rather than secluding himself in a Spanish speaking ghetto.

But, I agree, illegal is illegal is illegal. I'm just wondering if he was part of the 1986 amnesty.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not mentioned n the article

He was apparently a 1986 amnesty recipient as a former California agricultural worker.

He considers his first loyalty to Mexico and Mexicans desiring to widen their choices. How many American gas station attendants choose to have illegal aliens compete with them.

Now that has the income from being a doctor is he providing his family members a financial foundation there. This could be buying them a farm or the gas station for instance or has he merely been supporting some of the members there and bringing others here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Honestly, this story gets recycled atleast once a year! I cannot tell you how many times I have read it.

So I guess we are supposed to turn a blind eye to 20-30 million illegal invaders because one might someday become a brain surgeon.

You would think by now there would be more stories like this they could use for propaganda, considering there are millions of illegals and anchor babies now in this country. I would have thought that at least one other by now would have become a doctor.

Please, I need a new story of an illegal invader who went from rags to riches. This one is getting tired!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Last February's Readers' Digest magazine carried this story and that edition of said magazine was the LAST one for ME! ANY publication that GLORIFIES CRIME does NOT deserve patronage! And, YES, ILLEGAL immigration IS a crime!

So I guess we are supposed to turn a blind eye to 20-30 million illegal invaders because one might someday become a brain surgeon.

Giving that story the title The American Dream is a joke. Dr. Quiones broke the law getting into this country. A person who gets into this country illegally isn't respectful towards the law or people of this country. I have heard stories about people who from poor countries who spend years saving money to come to U.S. so it's hard for me to sympathaize with someone like Dr. Quiones. He is also probably the type of professional who plays the race card to further his career. I have known several people like him who are minorities and are doctors and lawyers and they really play the "poor me" card. Dr Quiones isn't living the American Dream. The American Dream is lived by American born citizens and legal immigrants who respect the law and culture of this country not lawbreakers.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

That's great, 1 out of 1 million illegal aliens becomes a doctor, while 1 out of 50 legal immigrants is/becomes a doctor. The open borders media makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    That's great, 1 out of 1 million illegal aliens becomes a doctor, while 1 out of 50 legal immigrants is/becomes a doctor. The open borders media makes me sick.
    It's more than 1 out a million. My brother's freind was a doctor in canada and came here on a visitor's visa to travel the country after he didn't get into the residenecy program he wanted and took a year off rather than settle. He overstayed and married an american. They get paid better here and there are more oppurtunities to advance. He says that it's common pratice for professionals from other countries to go onto american-international dating sites in search of an american spouce so they can come here or more commonly they come here, become illegal while they search for someone to marry.

A local dentist was in the paper because she started a scholarship for the children of immigrants. She proudly said she used to be an illegal immigrant.

It's a common problem that's overlooked because they're professionals. I don't care what they are, they're still illegal. Once an illegal always an illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    It's more than 1 out a million. My brother's freind was a doctor in canada and came here on a visitor's visa to travel the country after he didn't get into the residenecy program he wanted and took a year off rather than settle. He overstayed and married an american. They get paid better here and there are more oppurtunities to advance. He says that it's common pratice for professionals from other countries to go onto american-international dating sites in search of an american spouce so they can come here or more commonly they come here, become illegal while they search for someone to marry.

A local dentist was in the paper because she started a scholarship for the children of immigrants. She proudly said she used to be an illegal immigrant.

It's a common problem that's overlooked because they're professionals. I don't care what they are, they're still illegal. Once an illegal always an illegal.
    I agree with you illegals in high paying positions are overlooked simply because the obtain educations and established careers. The Canadian doctor played his cards right. It is likely that many immigrant doctors did similar things to get into this country and establish themselves. They commited crimes in doing so which are disprespecful to the law and people here. The dentist having a scholarship fund for children of immigrants sounds like the type of person who plays the "poor me" card. Like I mentioned in my previous post many minority and foreign professionals play the "race" and "poor me" cards as way of manipulating people, organizations and communities. As an American of Hispanic descent I have several relatives who are American born and play the race card and it disgusts me. I have a moron cousin who is a lawyer and joins stupid organizations for Hispanic lawyers. Racial backgrounds and sob stories should not be merits when obtaning educations and starting careers. Organizations focused on professionals of certain races promote racism. The story of Dr. Quiones has been a person who is living the American Dream is slap in the face to legal immigrants and American citizens. He should be deported.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

"By the time I was 19, I decided I wanted to go to the U.S. and explore," Quiñones-Hinojosa said. "I was tired of the political oppression and the bifurcation of classes, the oppression of the poor that happens in my country."

Desperate for money, and with his sights set on a brighter future, he scaled a barbed border fence across from Calexico, Calif.
    Oh, so instead of staying there and doing something about the oppression and bifurcation of classes, he just GAVE UP and decided to leave his country in the dust and come here to sponge off of ours.

"It was a pretty scary experience," Quiñones-Hinojosa remembered. "It was filled with a real adrenaline rush excitement, but also fear, and, you know, fear gives you extra strength and courage. I got caught and sent back, but I did it again the same night."
    Oh, Big Brave Man -- so scary to hop the fence. I love how they portray these people as heroes also for "braving" the big long border cross.

They're cowards, plain and simple, for turning their backs on their fellow countrymen and running from challenges and difficulties.

That is NOT the character quality that we need in this country!!!!! Men who run -- men who give up on their families, their country, who take the easy way out.

It's just a recipe for disaster for all of us. They're a bunch of opportunists is what they are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast