Like Tree2Likes

Thread: American Latinos for Trump Blast Politico: ‘I’m an American First’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

American Latinos for Trump Blast Politico: ‘I’m an American First’

by ALEX SWOYER
    27 Jun 2016
    Washington, DC

American Latinos for Donald Trump expressed outrage on Monday against the mainstream media for coverage given to Hispanics who support Trump – specifically pointing to a Politico article published on Sunday titled, “The lonely lives of Latinos for Trump.”

Mark F., who wishes to leave his last name anonymous, was interviewed by Politico and briefly mentioned in the article because he produced many videos for a group on Twitter, “Latinos for Trump.” He said he thought it was unfair that Politico portrayed Latinos as lonely.

“I am not ‘Lonely.’ My whole family is voting for Trump. I am very vocal in my family about it. I don’t hide it,” Mark F. told Breitbart News in response to the Politico story. “If it was Latinos For Hillary or Latinos For Bernie, the [mainstream] media would never ask such questions.”

“I felt insulted that he would write how ‘lonely’ we are,” Victor – who also wouldn’t disclose his last name, but is on Twitter as @elvatoteporocho – added, after also being approached for an interview by Politico. “It felt like there was an ulterior motive for reaching out to us, not to actually do a story on us, but to do a type of hit [piece] to disenfranchise us, to try and show people we are not real or try and prove we were fake. It was very insulting to a few of us.”

Mark F. says one video he produced received 100,000 views on YouTube within the first 24-hours and was shared by Trump on his Facebook page, where it then received more than one million views.

“I thought it was odd he was trying [to interview] everyone in the Latinos For Trump video. I had a feeling he was trying to dig dirt on Trump,” Mark F. added of the Politico reporter, saying many of the individuals in the video were approached for an interview.

Angelo Gomez, an 18-year-old unpaid intern for the Trump campaign, was featured in a video shared by Mark F. and also briefly mentioned in the Politico article. He expressed the same frustration as Mark F. during an interview with Breitbart News on Monday.

“He was definitely trying to dig up dirt on Donald Trump,” Gomez said of the Politico reporter.

He was asking if we were paid and he was also asking if I was offended by Trump’s comments about illegal immigration and I said that no one is being paid. It’s completely grassroots and I’m not offended by what Donald Trump is saying because I’m an American first and I even told him that I’m offended by what the media says – that they don’t call Latinos ‘Americans,’ they just call us Latinos.

“I’m offended when they group us all together with illegal immigrants,” Gomez added. “I’m not offended by what Trump is saying because I have huge dreams for my future too and based on what Trump is saying and what Hillary is saying, Hillary is never going to put Americans first because she’s in the pockets of so many foreign countries.”

“I think that Donald Trump is the only one that is going to be able to preserve our country for me to be able to achieve success and for my generation to be able to achieve success,” Gomez added.

He said the Politico article “shows how biased the media is.”

Angelo R. Gomez @TrumpNVIntern
    @politico wants to mess with #LatinosForTrump now?They dont realize who they're messing with or the energy behind us
    10:19 AM - 27 Jun 2016

Gomez detailed to Breitbart News how he attends Trump rallies and watches mainstream media reporters approach supporters for interviews, but only approach older white men who are right next to him. “They won’t interview me because I’m young and Hispanic.”

Leticia Sullivan, who was also interviewed by Politico, told Breitbart News she was disappointed in how Latinos who support Trump were portrayed, adding that the reporter told her that both presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) have very organized and funded Hispanic/Latino outreach.

“He told me about their chat rooms and their ability to make professional videos that cost a lot of money,” she added.

Sullivan said she supports Trump because of his position on immigration.

“I live in a border town, and a sanctuary city, San Diego,” she explained to Breitbart News in an email on Monday. “I see everyday what the increase in immigration traffic has done to our country.”

Others who were quoted in the Politico article or approached for an interview shared their disapproval of the report publicly on Twitter:

(video within the following tweet)
    Marco4Trump Ⓜ️ MAGA @MarcoGutierrez
    Politico trying to Debunk #Latinosfortrump with a weak article by Darren Samuelsohn: http://youtu.be/-4kM8i0Xkqc?a via @YouTube
    12:02 PM - 27 Jun 2016

POLITICO ✔ @politico
    The lonely lives of Latinos for Trump http://politi.co/28WQJEO | Getty pic.twitter.com/kWNkdFu7qh

luv4beagles @luv4beagles
    .@politico left wing POS OpEd media trash! @dsamuelsohn lied to #LatinosForTrump regarding interview intentions! https://twitter.com/luv4beagles/stat...05492959674368
    10:02 PM - 26 Jun 2016

POLITICO ✔ @politico
    The lonely lives of Latinos for Trump http://politi.co/28WQJEO | Getty pic.twitter.com/kWNkdFu7qh
    Follow
    Ximena @XimenaIzzieMatt
    @politico do I look lonely? #MAGA #Latinos4Trump #WomenForTrump #NeverHillary pic.twitter.com/h6O5K6ie7v
    10:02 PM - 26 Jun 2016

Jorge Herrera, who was previously interviewed by Breitbart News last September, is connected to a number of fellow Latino Trump supporters and told Breitbart News about their outrage over the mainstream media.

“The real connection is through patriotism and the love for this great country of ours and the leadership that Trump has demonstrated has given us the voice to unite and do what we can to help elect Donald Trump and really bring change,” he explained in an email to Breitbart News.

Since it is evident that he is not controlled by the status quo and does not have to adhere to their rules. We are further united and connected based on his record of bringing excellent results as a business man. All around his record is damn good, but the mainstream and left wing distort it so much with false narratives. We see the viciousness against him as a real agent of change and now that politico has chimed in with their dirty tactics, we are united and connected more than ever before. We know we are making a difference.

“The media is mostly unfair on how they cover Latinos for Trump or any other minorities for Trump – especially online outfits like Politico. They never cover the substance relating to WHY we support him,” Herrera challenged. “As an American born Mexican, I look at many things that Trump has brought to light.”

I think about how we lose $113 billion per year on illegal immigration, thats well over one trillion dollars over the next 10 years, that doesn’t even count the last 30 years and people wonder why folks like us pay close [attention] to .50 cents on every dollar earned or how 78% of illegals who are working here “paying taxes” are using stolen social security numbers. I look at the crime associated with illegal immigration and the high volume that we incarcerate here and the cost associated with that.

“There is nothing wrong, racist, xenophobic, bigoted and any other false left wing label about wanting a secure border and immigration reform so people can come here properly vetted and accounted for,” Herrera stressed. “The left wing has conditioned half the country to feel that the current system is ok and its not. It only exploits the illegals themselves and the middle class who suffer and pay for it, while the only benefit goes to the elites.”

Breitbart News reached out to Politico about the public blowback on the article,”The lonely lives of Latinos for Trump,” but did not receive a response.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...al-immigrants/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Anyone can be a citizen of the US, the qualifications are simple and reasonable. Anyone who can't trouble themselves to care about citizenship shouldn't be here. These people clearly care. There are some Hispanics in this country whose families have been in many parts of the US living side by side with Anglo's (English speaking Europeans) before they became states. How many cities in the Western states have Spanish names?

The US has a rich history of diversity. Very often it has been a source of discord, but in the end the thing that has saved us is the institution of citizenship, respect for our borders and restrictions on immigration. Everything else gets in the way and corrodes the harmony everyone should seek in any country.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Assimilation is a beautiful thing.