Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We Americans dont Quit,no matter what we wont give up,we may need to change tactics but we will never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Its funny but if you had listed McCain(for amnesty) on the ballot
    how the vote would have turned out

a huge percent doesn't have a clue about the real mcCain
    It's not amnesty if they have to pay a $5 fine.....on installments...........
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Nah, as I said in another thread, the folks who pressured Congress on amnesty are NOT the same folks who are voting in this election, and it's not the same process.

Major parties, the MSM, etc can rig these elections -- but they can't rig the American people as they relate directly to their representatives. That's why we defeated the amnesty bills, IMO.

I do believe we still hold a lot of power. It just will not be parlayed through elections anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Boy there sure are alot of brand new experts to the board.
    +1

If illegal immigration wasn't a major issue, states wouldn't be considering hundreds of anti-illegal immigration bills this year. Congress wouldn't have closed the loopholes that allowed illegals to get rebate checks. Illegals wouldn't be fleeing several states that are fed up with illegal immigration. I truly think that many Americans have been duped by the MSM into believing that McAmnesty is the only pub that can beat the dems this year.

I do believe we still hold a lot of power. It just will not be parlayed through elections anymore.
    Unless you're ready for revolutionary behavior, electoral influence is the only power we have.

In my opinion, we had an enormous impact on last summer's immigration bill because many of our politicians were convinced that the people were watching and that they would be held personally accountable if they voted against us.

If McCain successfully wins the nomination of the conservative dominated GOP then you can bet that our politicians will be much more likely to ignore our concerns in the future on the basis that we're all bark and no bite when it comes to getting elected. By voting for McCain and Huckabee many rank-and-file Republicans are proving that we can be steered into voting for the "right" candidates and that congressional leadership can go on (acting as it has) without too much consequence.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but by demonstrating in this election that our people are still not capable of organizing around an immigration patriot does hurt our cause.

Banned
    "I don't mean to sound harsh, but by demonstrating in this election that our people are still not capable of organizing around an immigration patriot does hurt our cause."

I said this months ago

We let ourselves be broken in to many different directions

Until we can acually unite , we will never win

With respect to Romney , Paul, Hunter and Tancredo
    supporters

We all blew it by not getting behind one person early on

usanevada,

I said this months ago

We let ourselves be broken in to many different directions

Until we can acually unite , we will never win

With respect to Romney , Paul, Hunter and Tancredo
    supporters

We all blew it by not getting behind one person early on
    I agree that our electoral chances for success would've been better if all the activists had gotten behind a single candidate early on and refused to waver in their support. But I am not sure that the outcome would be all that different given the following (as noted by Brimelow on his webzine):

[quote]NumbersUSA’s Roy Beck, in a powerfully written Action Alert to his e-army yesterday, makes the interesting point that, according to last Sunday’s Washington Post/ ABC poll, when likely Republican voters were asked which candidate, [b]“regardless of who you may support,â€

You guys dont have to worry about McCain.
    You can choose between Barack"Si Se Puede" Obama or Queen Hillary.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Re: The American people seems to want amnesty and CIR

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Potts
    Look at how they're voting. McCain's winning all the good prizes. Romney, Huckabee, and Paul don't have a chance. Let's stick the facts guys: we're losing this battle. It's now up to Congress.
    If you Ask us to stick to the facts then Sir, Maybe you need to Look at them a little closer.
    Americans Have spoken and we do not want Amnesty or any type of CIR that McCain or any other candidate has tried to hand down before

We don’t need that Kind of attitude here at alipac This is a Great group Of Americans that will not be defeated!!! .
    I'm looking at the results of the elections and it's not looking too good.... I don't see Ron Paul on the top of anything, do you? If the American people didn't want amnesty, they'd vote Ron Paul!

Banned

Re: The American people seems to want amnesty and CIR

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Look at how they're voting. McCain's winning all the good prizes. Romney, Huckabee, and Paul don't have a chance. Let's stick the facts guys: we're losing this battle. It's now up to Congress.
    If you Ask us to stick to the facts then Sir, Maybe you need to Look at them a little closer.
    Americans Have spoken and we do not want Amnesty or any type of CIR that McCain or any other candidate has tried to hand down before

We don’t need that Kind of attitude here at alipac This is a Great group Of Americans that will not be defeated!!! .
    I'm looking at the results of the elections and it's not looking too good.... I don't see Ron Paul on the top of anything, do you? If the American people didn't want amnesty, they'd vote Ron Paul!

Well I guess that Paul part, depends on who you ask …

Actually it came out better (different) then many predicted, then it could have …
    McCain preaches that illegals get to stay crapola and they believe it … every one seems to forget he didn’t get it before and as president he would have less of chance... he ain’t in there yet, Huckabee aint in there yet and Romney ain’t out of it yet…
    I will be watching for theses candidate to change there song thinking Immigration isn’t a real high issue in the main larger criminal immigration states (Fl. Calf. Arz.. Tex..ect ect .

In my opinion many of us have a job to do we must put the word out twice as hard as we have been… Its going to take dedication...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12