Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well be faxing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    shelvapreston wrote:

May I suggest crashing the phone of Senator Barbara Milulski.
    Unfortunately the only thing calling Milulski will do is make us feel better. Sen. Milulski is as married to her H2B scam as Feinstein is to her amnesty for agricultural workers. While calling both of them to express our feelings on the issue is good, it's not going to change their minds.

Sen. Milulski has been has been working her H-2B scam for big business interests since 2005.

[quote]The Mikuski End-Run to the Limit on Temporary Unskilled Foreign Workers (H-2B Visas)

Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) managed to open a large loophole in the limit on foreign temporary unskilled workers in the last Congress that was otherwise deadlocked on immigration reform issues. In theory, the Mikulski exemption is temporary. However, it has already been renewed once, and it has the appearance of becoming a permanent fixture if not effectively opposed by those who see the H-2B visa program as a means to give American jobs to foreign workers to the detriment of American workers.

BACKGROUND

The H-2B visa program is established in law with an annual ceiling of 66,000 visas. It allows employers to sponsor foreign workers who have no special educational or work related qualification that would establish eligibility for one of the other temporary worker visas. The U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform, after studying the operation of temporary worker provisions recommended the elimination entirely of the H-2B visa program.

“The Commission recommends the elimination of the admission of unskilled workers. Unless there is another compelling interest, such as in the entry of nuclear families and refugees, it is not in the national interest to admit unskilled workers. This is especially true when the U.S. economy is showing difficulty in absorbing disadvantaged workers and when efforts towards welfare reform indicate that many unskilled Americans will be entering the labor force.â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

GREAT JOB

good job everybody. We have the power when we use it.
    go to www.capswiz.com free email or you can donate but They will let you fax and e-mail if you don't have the funds.
    you fill it out once and it is preset for you to fax many many issues at one time. Very effective. I use it all the time.

Thank you ALIPAC

Halleluiah!
    I phoned the Senate this morning, thinking I'd have to go through the whole list of senators and come to find out that ALL OF THE IMMIGRATION LANGUAGE was taken out of the Iraq War spending bill. Something right is going on! Unfortunately, Feinstein is my senator here in California. I'm sorry to say it, but "What a monster she is"! These senators are criminal as far as I can see. All driven by power and corrupt to the core.

Hi there centrist. Let me offer this quote which I think you'll appreciate in the current context:

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'
    One of our better Presidents said that, Teddy Roosevelt.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

got this confirmed from another site

According to Feinstein's DC office, Harry Reid pulled the Feinstein/Craig amendment off the War Appropritions bill. I tried to confirm with Reid's office. His staffer had also heard that but has been unable to confirm it. She said IF it had been pulled it would have JUST been done (not last night like that lying staffer said). I just called Feinstein's office back to call the staffer a liar and a guy answered and said that it WAS pulled along with 19 other amendments that had been attached. I'm still trying to confirm,.......if anyone else confirms it, please post it.

OK......Just got confirmation from Jeff Sessions office. Press Release came out about 3 min. ago. Our calls and faxes worked !!

(But I agree we should stay on the H2B visas)

Re: Thank you ALIPAC

Quote Originally Posted by centrist
    Halleluiah!
    I phoned the Senate this morning, thinking I'd have to go through the whole list of senators and come to find out that ALL OF THE IMMIGRATION LANGUAGE was taken out of the Iraq War spending bill. Something right is going on! Unfortunately, Feinstein is my senator here in California. I'm sorry to say it, but "What a monster she is"! These senators are criminal as far as I can see. All driven by power and corrupt to the core.
    Welcome Centrist. You are so right about Feinstein. I call though just make sure WE KNOW WHAT SHE IS UP TO. Then I call the other senators. What I've been doing is sending this link to my email address book:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-506972.html#506972

People may join in if they don't have to do a lot of searching. So if we've done the work for them all they have to do is call. Once they get it that its just fine in this amnesty AGS bill for illegals to steal their social security number with impunity they go nuts. It's a way for people to look at the site too, and get involved. I also send the NumbersUSA alerts because then they can sign up from those.

From FAIR:

Three Down, One to Go!
    Keep the Calls Coming!

Last night, Democratic Leadership partially capitulated and agreed to strip three of the four immigration amendments from the Iraq War Funding Bill that is on the Senate floor this week.

The move came when Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) made a point of order under Senate Rule 16, which prohibits legislating policy on an appropriations bill. The parliamentarian agreed, and stripped the following amendments:

The AgJobs Amendment that would have granted amnesty to 1.35 million agricultural workers and their families;

The Murray-Gregg Amendment that would have made approximately 218,000 more green cards available for multinational executives and so-called "highly skilled workers" by "recapturing" visas from as far back as 1994; and

The Leahy Amendment that would have extended for 5-years a program that helps wealthy investors get green cards.

However, Senate sources tell us that the Mikulski H-2B amendment - an amendment that could lead to hundreds of thousands of new unskilled H-2B guest workers flooding the labor market in only a few years - is still in the Iraq War Funding Bill. This is because the Iraq War Funding Bill is being considered in two parts and point of order raised by Senator Menendez only applied to the first part. The H-2B provision is in the second.

Please keep calling your Senators until Democratic Leadership strips this final special-interest immigration amendment from the Iraq War Funding Bill! Tell them that you oppose importing tens of thousands of new unskilled (H-2B) guest workers to appease corporate interests—and especially when the economy is struggling.

We heard throughout the day that your calls put intense pressure on Senators across the country. One staffer told us that the phones were "lighting up like a Christmas tree." Please help us make sure Congress looks out for the American people and not special interests.

To find your Senators' phone numbers, click here.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV)
    DC Office (202) 224- 3542
    District Office (702) 388- 5020

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    DC Office (202) 224- 2541
    District Office (502) 582- 6304

Just made my 2 phone calls to Hutchinson and Cornyn's offices.

Great work on getting the rest removed! At least we are being heard loud and clear.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

When you're callling against the H-2B, advise the Senate staffers that this news item was just released (5/21) by the AP:

Fed sees slower growth, higher unemployment in `08
    By JEANNINE AVERSA, AP Economics Writer
    1 minute ago

WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve on Wednesday sharply lowered its projection for economic growth this year, citing blows from the housing and credit debacles along with zooming energy prices. It also expects higher unemployment and inflation...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast