Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anchor Baby in Senate!

I got a email today from a friend talking about the influence illegals have over the political process. She told me that Pete Domenici is an anchor baby. Apparently, his mother was an illegal alien and back then they let illegals become citizens if they married a citizen.

This is what surprised me more than that, he is a republican!
    I didn't believe her at first until I did some research.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/04/washi ... immig.html

Why haven't we heard about this before? This is a national outrage. There should be a law against this. Guess how this anchor baby votes on immigration?

Apparently, his mother was an illegal alien and back then they let illegals become citizens if they married a citizen.
    They still do.

I have several foreign born relatives(by marriage) that are now citizens.

Secondly, I don't consider that an anchor baby because his father was a citizen.

Anchor babies are those children used to anchor the illegal parents or single mothers here.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Apparently, his mother was an illegal alien and back then they let illegals become citizens if they married a citizen.
    They still do.

Secondly, I don't consider that an anchor baby because his father was a citizen.

Anchor babies are those children used to anchor the illegal parents or single mothers here.

Dixie
    I lean towards the stricter definition of an anchor baby that Dixie has posted. If one parent is already a legal citizen, I would not necessarily consider him an anchor baby. IMO, the anchor baby is when both parents are illegal and use the kid specifically to allow them to stay in the US. "We would be breaking up families, etc., etc.........Boo hooo)".

I do not doubt for one second that we do have legislators who ARE anchor babies. Short of having someone who knows how to do a genealogical search for an actual birth certificate, it is hard to prove.

They still do.

Dixie
    Are you sure about that? I read a sob story not too ago about a woman who's husband was an illegal alien. She was whining how he couldn't work or drive. That sure didn't stop them from popping out a kid though.

Were your relatives legal or illegal aliens?

- I agree Dixie. Two illegals can't make a citizen.

- I used to live in a mountain resort town where "marriages of convenience" were quite common. There were quite a few cases of illegals and foreigners (with short term visas) trading sexual favors and/or money for an American to marry them. No joke. For some reason, the "powers that be" monitor this kind of fraud more than illegals crossing the border.

Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    Are you sure about that? I read a sob story not too ago about a woman who's husband was an illegal alien. She was whining how he couldn't work or drive.
    Most of them have to sneak back home and get married there before they screw up their chances of getting a green card by residing in the U.S. illegally. It's much easier to get papers at a U.S. consulate if you're married to an American citizen. There are some exceptions to the rule and we all know how much the rules are manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    They still do.
    Are you sure about that? I read a sob story not too ago about a woman who's husband was an illegal alien. She was whining how he couldn't work or drive. That sure didn't stop them from popping out a kid though.
    Yes, illegals can still get a green card by marrying a citizen. Perhaps the woman in the story was only a legal immigrant, not a citizen. Or maybe they didn't want to go through the long expensive legalization process.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i had friend that was born in Guam and he was born in a guam Hosital and he was not a cirtizen of Guam he was American. Why are they different and Anchor babies go home

Quote Originally Posted by fmrjarhead
    i had friend that was born in Guam and he was born in a guam Hosital and he was not a cirtizen of Guam he was American. Why are they different and Anchor babies go home
    Guam is an American territory much like Puerto Rico and American Samoa.

Yeah...but he's crooked, too. He is responsible for the firing of U.S. Attorney David Iglesias by the Justice Department and our good friend, Alberto Gonzales in the firing of U.S. Attorneys scandal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast