Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anchor Senators??

Perhaps I am speaking out of ignorance...

But according to the US Senate voting log (for "roll call vote 235" of the 110th Congress' 1st Session):

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... vote=00235:

The following senators voted for cloture on S.1639:

Martinez (R-FL)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Salazar (D-CO)

Is this coincidental?? If I speak only the truth, why should I feel / be treated as guilty?
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

MW
    Bismark wrote:

But according to the US Senate voting log (for "roll call vote 235" of the 110th Congress' 1st Session):

Martinez (R-FL)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Salazar (D-CO)
    Please explain the purpose of this post because I don't get it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Martinez was smuggled from Cuba when he was 5 y.o.

I do not know about other two senators , but I think this is a part of their past Bismarck refers to .

Their legacy is not for America and is not for the laws since they belong to the different crowd themselves
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Re: Anchor Senators??

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck

Martinez (R-FL)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Salazar (D-CO)

Is this coincidental?? If I speak only the truth, why should I feel / be treated as guilty?
    yes, and that IS too bad for them. Frankly, I think they are doing the bidding of BUSH, more than they are acting for "foreign" interests... just sleezy politicians.... but on the wrong side of the argument.

I AM BETTING THAT MOST LEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND ESPECIALLY NATURALIZED CITIZENS ARE AGAINST THIS AMNESTY CONSPIRACY...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

For the record, I notice precisely three (3) Senators with Hispanic names in the US Senators list from their national website.

Then I notice that all three voted to support Amnesty.

It gives me the impression, right or wrong, that these Hispanic Senators are brazenly voting their own "Mexican-pan-nationalist" agenda, with no regard to American traditions and laws (like the Constitution).

That is, it gives me the impression that politics today has degenerated to such a degree that these Hispanic Senators take their oaths of office, swearing to uphold the Constitution etc with their fingers crossed — if they even bother — and then say, in effect, "yeah, right, so now I can vote on the floor of the US Senate, and my votes will count?? Alright, cool, now lets bring the illegals on".

That, at any rate, is my inkling.
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Quote Originally Posted by Bismark
    Then I notice that all three voted to support Amnesty.
    Such an odd and unexplainable coincidence, one would almost see a correlation. Perhaps?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Salazar's family has apparently been in the United States for five generations (I don't understand why he still has that incredibly annoying accent though...it sounds like he has marbles in his mouth).

Menendez was born in NYC; his parents were fleeing Castro's Cuba.

As someone already mentioned, Martinez is the only immigrant. He was brought here on the "Peter Pan" flight from Cuba that aimed to save the children from living in communism.

None of them are Mexican though. Salazar's family is from Spain and both Menendez and Martinez from Cuba. If you'll notice though, both Salazar and Menendez are incredibly liberal and Martinez is now RNC chairman so he's Bush's lapdog. It's not surprising that all of them voted for cloture but I doubt it's because of their Hispanic heritage. Just IMHO though.