Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Angela Merkel Named TIME’s Person of the Year

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Angela Merkel Named TIME’s Person of the Year

Anyone buying this rag?

Angela Merkel Named TIME’s Person of the Year

by BREITBART NEWS
    9 Dec 2015

NEW YORK (AP) — German Chancellor Angela Merkel has been named Time’s Person of the Year, praised by the magazine for her leadership on everything from Syrian refugees to the Greek debt crisis.

“Leaders are tested only when people don’t want to follow,” Time editor Nancy Gibbs said in a statement issued Wednesday. “For asking more of her country than most politicians would dare, for standing firm against tyranny as well as expedience and for providing steadfast moral leadership in a world where it is in short supply, Angela Merkel is TIME’s Person of the Year.”

The seven other finalists include Donald Trump, the Black Lives Matter protest movement and Uber’s CEO, Travis Kalanick.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...n-of-the-year/

“Leaders are tested only when people don’t want to follow,” Time editor Nancy Gibbs said in a statement issued Wednesday. “For asking more of her country than most politicians would dare, for standing firm against tyranny as well as expedience and for providing steadfast moral leadership in a world where it is in short supply, Angela Merkel is TIME’s Person of the Year.”
    That's called Authoritarianism. That's what got Germany in trouble before and led to WWII.

Way to go TIME. Showing us all again what a laundry basket of intellectual waste our "free press" has become in this country, even TIME, who hasn't learned the lesson that if you didn't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Angela Merkel completely sucks as does everyone involved with naming her "person of the year" or whatever.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Was the poll a sham? I voted in it late last night. When I voted Donald Trump and Travis Kalanick were the top contenders. Merkel was barely registering. Wish I would have copied the results and pasted them in Judy's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday View Post
    Was the poll a sham? I voted in it late last night. When I voted Donald Trump and Travis Kalanick were the top contenders. Merkel was barely registering. Wish I would have copied the results and pasted them in Judy's thread.
    Same when I voted the other day! Trump was winning by a mile.

Yes I think the poll was a sham. I think the Editorial Board of Time chooses the person and they don't base it on the poll. Maybe they just take it into consideration to then dismiss it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She should have been named "Person of the Year" by the solid waste industry for allowing so much garbage into her country!