Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another Senator We May Be Able To Convert - A Democrat

Oregon has a Senator from each party and this week our RINO (Republican In Name Only) Gordon Smith broke ranks with El' Presidente and took a strong position against S 1348 and it's equally evil twin. He called the bill "Backdoor Amnesty" and pledged not to support it. He has also drafted an alternate bill that would punish employers and begin the process of self deportation.

Oregon's Gordon Smith and his Democrat counterpart from Oregon, Ron Wyden, have worked hand in hand on a number of issues and even though I don't always agree with their positions; I appreciate that they don't act like 10 year olds. They are friends and seem to really like each other.

Here's where we might win a recruit. Ron Wyden doesn't have a great history on illegal immigration but built his reputation on helping Senior Citizens and protecting Social Security. Senator Wyden was always at the forefront when he was in the Oregon Legislature fighting for and protecting Seniors. He went onto the House of Representatives and eventually the Senate continuing his crusade for America's retirees.

He has been silent on S 1348 and S1639 and voted for cloture along party lines. As we know, passage of the bill will be devistating for the Social Security system that most Seniors hold dearly. It will put an unfair burden on all of us especially retirees.

Since AARP doesn't care at all about it's members and refuses to take a position against S 1639, we might get Senator Ron Wyden to speak out on their behalf.

Please call, fax and e-mail Senator Wyden starting todayand remind him of his history of fighting for Senior Citizens and protecting Social Security. Remind him that every past amnesty has made things worse and that Senator Smith has declared the bill an amnesty. Remind him that few are speaking out for the Seniors of this country and that he should. Also remind him that the Democrat leaning AFL CIO has come out in opposition of the amnesty bill. Let him know that 70+ percent of his constituents in both parties oppose the bill. He may become less liked by the party leadership but will be a hero to the people of Oregon and the Senior Citizens of America.

Who knows, it just might work. His website is http://wyden.senate.gov/
    and Oregon residents can e-mail from there. If you are not in Oregon, he can be e-mailed at http://www.congress.org . His office numbers are:

Washington, DC
    (202) 224-5244
    Fax: (202) 228-2717

Portland, OR
    (503) 326-7525
    Fax: (503) 326-7528

Eugene, OR
    (541) 431-0229

Salem, OR
    (503) 589-4555

Let's start today so the faxes, e-mails and phone calls are waiting for him in the morning.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

He called the bill "Backdoor Amnesty" and pledged not to support it
    Thank God. Let's get to work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My impression of Wyden is that he attempts to straddle the fence on the total immigration issue. He states that he is strongly in favor of securing the US border. He has also said that Oregon farmers lobby him to allow continued immigration. Many labor unions have come out in favor of immigration (a source for new members and more money for the bigwigs) so Wyden tries to appease them.

I think it would be good to present some realistic arguments of why this present policy is headed for a disaster for Wydens traditional constituents. Also, why the existing laws, like many of other laws that protect US citizens, are so lax in enforcement?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks jecg.

I just called and left a message outlining my concerns about how this bill would impact & quite possibly bankrupt social security, hurt wages and thus I believe the senator should oppose this bill and vote NO on cloture etc. I also mentioned this study:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1490.cfm

Wyden has an F on immigration . he isnt even from oregon he is from Kansas and born to immigrant parents.
    he is a globalist and works for big business.
    I am calling him a sellout senator and posting his bad record
    on craigslist

also three of the senators from the pacific northwest have
    an F on immigration Cantwell Murray and Wyden.

its called Working for BIll Gates

I called him. My state is pretty much set so I call them only occasionally. In the last 2 weeks I have called out of State.

Oregon is a proud independent State. I would also remind this Senator of the problems with unemployment his state has faced over the last 20 to 30 years. When there is a lull (and the bears are roaming wall st.) the fingers will point at him.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhino
    Oregon is a proud independent State. I would also remind this Senator of the problems with unemployment his state has faced over the last 20 to 30 years. When there is a lull (and the bears are roaming wall st.) the fingers will point at him.
    You've got that right. How well I remember looking for work in the 1980's. I could barely survive. It seems like every state that depends upon exporting something or manufacturing something is subject to some big downturns. Oregon is vulnerable but now we are a magnet for escapees from wealthier states. The Kahlifornians are flocking in here and the real estate continues to rise in price while other states drop. Particularly in the recreational areas--soaring prices are another ripple effect from illegal immigration. People could make a bundle on the fast paced economy from illegals and then invest it in a traditionally depressed state with lower RE prices.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David