Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another trend; Payless Shoes English/Spanish soundtrack...

I wrote earlier that I contacted Borics (haircutting chain) about the 'foreign' language radio station played at their salon. I wrote corporate and the local manager.

The very next day I go to Payless Shoe store -chain shoe store. I walk in and they are playing songs in Spanish. I'm none too happy. Then English songs came on. We were there long enough to see that they played two Spanish and then two or so English songs. Anyone else see this going on?
    I just wanted to share this.

This was in our comment page today in the newspapers. The hispanics are starting to answer back.

Not Meant for you
    I'm a tax-paying Waukegan Mexican. It bothers the people so much that signs are in Spanish in Waukegan that maybe they should get a Spanish dictionary. Not to mention just because the sign is in Spanish, what does immigration have to do with it? If it was meant for you to read, it would have been in English. This is America, the country of freedom and that doesn't change no matter what language you translate it to.

How would you respond?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Their sales ads are also being sent to your homes in Spanish/English.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Their sales ads make good shop rags to wipe off the oil dispstick though.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

They are trying to force a bilingual counrtry down our throats. Maybe when you go in a store that is playing spanish music, you should break out in song, GOD BLESS AMERICA, and see the reacations around you. I would be arrested if I broke into song
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Here's my reply:

The language of the United States is English, by history and by usage. The strength of our country, is that LEGAL immigrants came here to be AMERICANS. They proudly learned English, and so all of us from around the world, were able to make a great nation with communication in English.

All you have to do is look at balkanized countries...look no further than Canada and Quebec. It doesn't work.

Below you will find an article which include the oath taken to become a citizen. It is your word and should not be taken lightly.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... n++citizen
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Things like that have been happening in Des Moines too. I know this is nothing new, but I went into Wal Mart the other day and they had an entire row dedicated to Mexican music. Granted, I don't know why anyone would ever buy their music at Wal Mart in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    They are trying to force a bilingual counrtry down our throats. Maybe when you go in a store that is playing spanish music, you should break out in song, GOD BLESS AMERICA, and see the reacations around you. I would be arrested if I broke into song
    You got that right! They are forcing us to become a bi-lingual, bi-cultural country. BS!

I like your idea about singing GOD BLESS AMERICA when going to a store and hearing Spanish language music or announcements. I am going to try it the next time I go to Wal-Mart.

Oldglory, I hope you have a much better voice then I do or else you might be deported to the outside of Wallmart

Spanish speaking job requirements...........

Here in Los Angeles a job applicant must spanish in order to get job. I am Native American and 99.9% of Mexicans assume because I have brown skin that I speak their language, I hate that.

Take a look at the Los Angeles Times on-line classified section, almost all job postings require that the candidate be bi-lingual, why should I have to learn how to speak a foreign language in order to qualify for a job in my "own" english speaking country?

Thank god I have skills and a education to rise above the mundane, unskilled jobs that are filled primarily by illegal workers who work for peanuts, driving down the prevailing wage for many industries.

I used to make a decent living working construction, then the illegals came in and took over the industry. The owner of the firm I worked for laid-off all his American born, english speaking skilled workers and replaced them with illegals, paying them a fourth of what he was paying us.

That is one reason why I loathe illegal immigrants.
    They killed the once lucrative construction industry here in L.A. anyways.

TS77

TALLSOLDIER77
    Welcome to Alipac and our fight here! I also have that brown skin lol or enough of it, 1/2 Native to be taken at times for a latino in TX. I understand where you are coming from and I am glad you have the skills to rise above that and to survive there. that makes me so angry to see employers fire american citizens to hire illegals, is there not any recourse legally against them for that on grounds of discrimination if nothing else much less hiring illegals as is against our supposed laws here? Somewhere on here there is a video about a legal hispanic citizen born here in America who had a construction business with his sons and now cannot get any jobs because he is always underbid from contractors using illegal cheap labor! Makes the blood boil. I hope that you will continue to join us here in our fight against illegal immigration, read the rules and regulations for the site and read some of the archive stories, this is the best site you will find bar none to find all the information you need to assist in your fight against this invasion. I forgot to say, I no longer live in Tx, but live here in Oklahoma so I fit right in with the rest of the Natives here! I feel for the ones of you living in Southern Calif, now, reading the stories about all that is going on there now it seems like a foreign country to me instead of part of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast