Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

ANOTHER WAY FOR THE KEYBOARD ACTIVIST TO FIGHT

Many of you are farmilar with Joe Turner of Save our State

A couple years ago he wrote an initiative for the San Bernadino Calif ballot

It had to do with renting to illegals and prohibiting it , Now as you know many cities have also worked with that the most famous being Hazelton and many others

Here is how that happened , Joe started a deal on Sos called "one a day" , All you had to do was email the law he wrote to one city a day , just pick a state , pick a town , google the city counsel and mayor and send the emails , one a day ,

Well it went nuts , We sent out thousands and thousands of emails the first week and that is where Hazelton and others go the idea

---------------------------------------------------------
    My take on continuing this same one a day deal was a bit different
    last year , We did it in the mcdc forums the same way , but we didn't have the membership in the forum that Sos had , or that is here

My plan was focusing on illegal drivers
    There are a lot of towns that turn a blind eye on illegals , but there are many , more than you think that don't know who to fight them ,

The supreme court has ruled that DUI checkpoints are legal , A town holding 2 or 3 checkpoints a week could find a ton of illegals , No license or insurance , they take the vehicle , This has actually been done a few times in Calif , One day they confiscated like 400 cars , I believe it was a surprise check point in Pomona Calif ,

Just pick a city , write up an email with these facts and send it to
    the city counsel , the police chief , the mayor

Let them know that these types of checks are legal , Since you check everyone there can be no racism , even though they scream it ,
    They are toying with this in parts Georgia right now

We did get some return mail when we did it last year on mcdc
    Some were very supportive and they liked the idea , others of course came back with the "racist" deal

Just another way of going on offense

Re: ANOTHER WAY FOR THE KEYBOARD ACTIVIST TO FIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    A town holding 2 or 3 checkpoints a week could find a ton of illegals ,
    Doesn't that depend on where the city is? Some areas have been invaded in greater numbers than others.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned

Re: ANOTHER WAY FOR THE KEYBOARD ACTIVIST TO FIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    A town holding 2 or 3 checkpoints a week could find a ton of illegals ,
    Doesn't that depend on where the city is? Some areas have been invaded in greater numbers than others.
    Actually when we did it with Sos
    We covered almost every small town in every state , The thread where we listed sent emails ran to like 100 pages

It was amazing

And look at the results , It was clearly Joe Turners first initiative that
    inspired towns like Hazelton and Farmers Branch to begin looking
    at dealing with illegals at the local level

Before we sent that massive mailing , no towns thought they could do anything

Banned
    I don't always agree with Sos and they don't like me a bit , but
    this was a first rate idea and Joe Turner deserves all the credit
    in the world for this one

It is a good idea, but it seems like it would be a more efficent use of activitsts' time to target the message to areas in which illegals are a problem, rather than, say, Moscow, Idaho, or Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    It is a good idea, but it seems like it would be a more efficent use of activitsts' time to target the message to areas in which illegals are a problem, rather than, say, Moscow, Idaho, or Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
    Are there really any areas that are not effected anymore ?

I know it was a massive effort over on sos , Joe's plan was for
    people to just hit one town a day , but it went nuts
    The first week we covered thousands

Are there really any areas that are not effected anymore ?
    Indirectly, no there are not. Directly affected to a degree that the populace AND the governing body feels the need to take action to stop it? Yes, there are places where it is not perceived as a big deal to the populace or the governing body.

The two places I mentioned are good examples of that. California and Nevada are not what much of the rest of the nation are like.

It's percieved as not a problem here - It's a California problem, or it's a Texas or Arizona problem. Go to the upper midwest and try to get action on illegal immigration and you'll get non-action. How about Helena, Montana? Or Duluth, Minnesota? Or Marquette, Michigan? Or Rapid City, South Dakota? I'd bet you'd get blank stares if you asked about the illegal immigration problem there.

IMHO, the best payoff would be achieved by finding out the areas of the country that are most impacted by illegal immigration and targeting them with the message.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea, just that it should be targeted to be the most effective use of, "keyboard activists'" time. We don't want to be wasting people's time with nothing to show for it, right?

Duplicates OK

This sounds like a fine idea to me. Randomly chosen towns might be just as good as carefully chosen ones. If several people hit the same town, then that town gets asked several times to change their laws. No problem there, so there's no need to coordinate our efforts.

You never know when a very sympathetic person could be the recipient of your message.

If I knew of an easy way to find areas where the immigration debate is hot, I'd offer it. Perhaps target states whose Senators have low ABI ratings.
    No matter how cynical you are, you can't keep up.* --Lily Tomlin

Banned
    Pat

who would have thought there was an illegal problem in Hazelton?

And yet there was and it was an Sos email that prompted their action and put them on the map

Banned

Re: Duplicates OK

Quote Originally Posted by dad3war8ucks
    This sounds like a fine idea to me. Randomly chosen towns might be just as good as carefully chosen ones. If several people hit the same town, then that town gets asked several times to change their laws. No problem there, so there's no need to coordinate our efforts.

You never know when a very sympathetic person could be the recipient of your message.

If I knew of an easy way to find areas where the immigration debate is hot, I'd offer it. Perhaps target states whose Senators have low ABI ratings.
    the way we worked it on Sos is that there was a thread running and every town someone hit got posted

It was a massive list , we hit thousands of towns within a 2 week period

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast