Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anti-immigrant folks are so wrong about crimes in California

They said that immigrants commit crimes at a much higher rate than the rest of us. Claims the biggest threat immigration posed was higher crime. It would appear, at least in California, you guys are wrong.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080226/us_ ... oY1I2s0NUE

Study finds immigrants commit less California crime
    Tue Feb 26, 2:39 AM ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Immigrants are far less likely than the average U.S.-born citizen to commit crime in California, the most populous state in the United States, according to a report issued late on Monday.

People born outside the United States make up about 35 percent of California's adult population but account for about 17 percent of the adult prison population, the report by the Public Policy Institute of California showed.

According to the report's authors the findings suggest that long-standing fears of immigration as a threat to public safety are unjustified. The report also noted that U.S.-born adult men are incarcerated at a rate more than 2 1/2 times greater than that of foreign-born men.

"Our research indicates that limiting immigration, requiring higher educational levels to obtain visas, or spending more money to increase penalties against criminal immigrants will have little impact on public safety," said Kristin Butcher, co-author of the report and associate professor of economics at Wellesley College.

The study did not differentiate between documented immigrants and illegal immigrants.

The question of what to do about the millions of undocumented workers living in the United States has been one of the major issues in the U.S. presidential election. Mexico, which accounts for a high proportion of illegal immigrants in California, was deeply disappointed at the U.S. Congress' failure to pass President George W. Bush's overhaul of immigration laws last year.

When Butcher and her co-author, Anne Morrison Piehl, associate professor of economics at Rutgers University, considered all those committed to institutions including prison, jails, halfway houses and the like, they found an even greater disparity.

Among men 18 to 40, the population most likely to be in institutions because of criminal activity, the report found that in California, U.S.-born men were institutionalized 10 times more often than foreign-born men (4.2 percent vs. 0.42 percent).

Among other findings in the report, non-citizen men from Mexico 18 to 40 -- a group disproportionately likely to have entered the United States illegally -- are more than eight times less likely than U.S.-born men in the same age group to be in a correctional institution (0.48 percent vs. 4.2 percent).

"From a public safety standpoint, there would be little reason to further limit immigration, to favor entry by high-skilled immigrants, or to increase penalties against criminal immigrants," the report said.

The study did not differentiate between documented immigrants and illegal immigrants.

The stastics do NOT include any of the following either:
    those not caught
    those who fled to their native land to avoid prison
    those who received probation
    those who were deported

Report only counts those in prison
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Uh, excuse me. An illegal alien <> [legal, by definition] an 'immigrant'.

They made no attempt to differentiate between non-nationals that were legal and those that were not. Everyone knows, because of the requirements of the vetting process for LEGAL immigrants that they do commit crimes at a rate equal to, or often times, LESS THAN native citizens. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS on the other hand have a much higher rate of offending.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Anti-immigrant folks are so wrong about crimes in Califo

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLeft
    They said that immigrants commit crimes at a much higher rate than the rest of us. Claims the biggest threat immigration posed was higher crime. It would appear, at least in California, you guys are wrong.
    Well, MrsLeft...please read the following from several CA legislators.

Please note that the authors DO NOT intermix the term "illegal immigrant" and "immigrant."

Flawed Studies Ignore Real Impact Of Illegal Immigration

By Senator Dennis Hollingsworth (R-Murrieta), Senator Mark Wyland (R-Carlsbad), Assemblyman Martin Garrick (R-Carlsbad), Assemblyman Kevin Jefferies (R-Lake Elsinore), and Assemblyman George Plescia (R-San Diego)

Recently, two lengthy immigration studies were released that made headlines across California for their unbelievable claims made by the authors on the impact of illegal immigration in our state.

These so-called immigration experts at the Public Policy Institute of California and the Immigration Policy Center came to the misguided conclusion that illegal immigrants living in California actually help American workers earn higher wages, and break fewer laws than other demographic groups in our state.

When asked about his conclusions, the co-author of one of the reports, Ruben Rumbaut, told a newspaper that he hoped his work would “reduce prejudice.â€

Thought I would go ahead and provide you with more for your reading pleasure. More will follow.

This first report is excellent:

Illegal Aliens and American Medicine

http://www.jpands.org/vol10no1/cosman.pdf

The Fiscal Cost of Low-Skill Immigrants to State and Local Taxpayers

http://www.heritage.org/research/immigr ... 52107a.cfm

Increasingly documented incidences of homicide, identity theft, property theft, serious infectious diseases, drug running, gang violence, human trafficking, terrorism and growing cost to taxpayers are just some of the most detrimental ‘imports’ being brought across America’s unsecured borders by illegal aliens.

http://www.statelegislatorsforlegalimmigration.com/

Looking for a better life?

http://timesrepublican.com/page/content ... l?nav=5004

The Battle Against Illegal Immigration

http://www.jbs.org/node/7150

The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration
    Facts, Figures And Statistics On Illegal Immigration

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/forward.html

How ironic she can only produce one lousy source to back her ridiculous argument and ALIPAC Members produced about 20 to counter her stupid contention.

Looks as if mrsleft has been relying upon the MSM for her flawed and biased statistics in favor of her beloved illegal invaders.

Another thing is this article is old and we here at Alipac discussed it weeks ago. We can READ whats IN the article and whats NOT in the article. The fact is there is a huge difference between "LEGAL" and "ILLEGAL" immigrants. I know the pro-illegal people just want to ignore it but a counterfit dollar is a counterfit dollar even if it is bunched with other legitimate dollars. The counterfit dollar might look the same, but is not the same and it is illegal, just like the illegal immigrants are. A counterfit dollar dilutes the value of a legitimate dollar and make the legitimate dollar worth less. The same way illegals make the legitimate worker worth less, thus lower paychecks for everyone.

What the pro-illegal groups want to do is lump the legal and illegal immigrants together so then you can call Americans racist. We love the LEGAL IMMIGRANTS and recogonise they are lawful people, no matter the race. We also love the illegal immigrants but they are not welcome here illegally. I love my neighbors but If they are breaking the law, they must pay for their crimes. It isn't about love or hate, its about doing whats right. Life is about choices the same as selling drugs or stealing cars, you know its illegal and you do it, Just know one day it will catch up with you then you have to pay the price. There have been people that did crimes teenty five years ago and then got caught yesterday for those crimes, and now they pay the price. Its all been stated time and time again. I'm sure everyone in these other countries know its illegal to come here as you plaese and do as you please, they just refuse to listen, obey and respect the laws, therefore there has to be consequences to make people understand this isn't a joke and the law is serious business. Just like a kid that wants the candy and steals, these people will have to be punished like a child. You on the other hand want to make it about race and thats why these pro-illegal groups try to lump them all together.

I would say to the pro-illegal groups if you really love the illegals like you say then why not spend your efforts on the governments that send their people thousands of miles away to work. Why not use your millions to try and make those countries better for the people then people don't have to move all over the world. Does that make sense? If you love illegals why would you encourage them to put their freedom and families in danger coming here illegally? That isn't caring. Thats like someone telling me they care about me, and then saying if you make me $100 dollars I'll give you $50. Love and caring doesn't rquire a payment from the downtrodden to the all caring helper. That isn't love. The pro-illegal groups tell the illegals, I can help your life be better, just uproot your family, leave your belongings and your country behind, travel 1 or 2 thousand miles and we will help you have a better life. Thats real caring isn't it? I'm sure the illegals would like their lives to be made better where they are but they don't dare to pursue that avenue do they? I'm sure with all the billions that been spent to keep the illegals here and flowing that the money could have done far more good in those countries where the illegals are from since the US money is worth 8 to 10 times more in those countries making a billion dollars ten billion dollars. The thing is even if the economies in those countries had new jobs paying 100% or 200% or 300% more than they do now, that wouldn't be enough would it?. Even though the people could have a good standard of living in those countries making triple what they do now it isn't good enough. The I want it now bug has hit them and the only way to get rich quick so they can go back home in a few years with the motherload is to come here and work. Its the new gold rush. So, lets face it they aren't here just to make bread money, they are here to get rich and while making the themselves the riches, the corporations the riches, the pro-illegal groups and the government politicians the riches the American people are the ones paying everyone on our dime. Thats called an agenda and the agenda is for the pro-illegal groups to make money off the illegals as well. I notice the heads of these organisations seem to be doing really well financially. Traveling, eating $100 meals, staying at fancy hotels, driving exspensive cars. Seems everyone is on the take from the poor illegals, even those that claim to represent them. The truth is Americans are getting socked witht the bills and we're very tired of it. The United States is the poorest country on the planet right now, we cannot afford anymore handouts, crooks or people that just don't seem to care about America, our government included. Gee I wonder why Mexico has such strict immigration laws and they enforce them and they want to build a border fence on their southern border? Hmmmm, I wonder why?
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    [
    They made no attempt to differentiate between non-nationals that were legal and those that were not.
    That is what these Geraldo-esque types always do.
    Everyone knows, because of the requirements of the vetting process for LEGAL immigrants that they do commit crimes at a rate equal to, or often times, LESS THAN native citizens.
    Therein lies the rub. I would bet that the vast majority, if not all of these "immigrants" in prison are illegals. Not to mention anchor babies....And then take into consideration the fact that 95% of all outstanding warrents for arrest in Los Angeles are illegals, the #s should actually be much higher than the study indicates.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS on the other hand have a much higher rate of offending.
    Even Bush admitted to this when he said that from 2000-2005 1 in every 12 illegals aprehended by ICE had criminal records.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Gee, they forgot to include all the felonies that illegals commit as a "crime", this includes ID theft, fake SSN, not reporting income, the list goes on.

They also don't include all the anchor babies in prison even though under the intent of the 14th Amendment they are illegal aliens.

Do you think maybe the PPIC might have an agenda?

By the way Ms. Left, illegal immigration benefits Latin Americans at a rate 30 times greater than non-Latin Americans ( see here: http://legalimmigrantsfirst.org/aboutamnesty.html)

Do you support this racism?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast