Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I believe it only MAKES SENSE to consider that because ILLEGAL aliens ALREADY come here ILLEGALLY, that ILLEGALS would be MORE likely to COMMIT OTHER crimes than CITIZENS or LEGAL residents.

AH, MrsLeft gives herself away:

It would appear, at least in California, you guys are wrong.

Very good articles.

AH Phrede I thought this site was for our work. Will MrsLeft get her money back and banned?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Will MrsLeft get her money back and banned?
    I think she slipped under the radar before the membership fee was introduced. However, perhaps it's time for her membership to be re-evaluated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    The study did not differentiate between documented immigrants and illegal immigrants.

The stastics do NOT include any of the following either:
    those not caught
    those who fled to their native land to avoid prison
    those who received probation
    those who were deported

Report only counts those in prison
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It also didn't include how many laws each one of them broke when they stole across our border.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    It appears Mrsleft has no knowlege on the topic of illegal immigration as she used an old article. She wouldn't stand a chance in debating ALIPACer's. You notice how she is ducking for cover and hasn't re-posted?
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

wilro wrote:

It appears Mrsleft has no knowlege on the topic of illegal immigration as she used an old article. She wouldn't stand a chance in debating ALIPACer's. You notice how she is ducking for cover and hasn't re-posted
    ?

LOL, it was definitely a hit and run on her part. She has probably been searching all year for such an article just to post here. Funny, we debated the heck out of that article when it came out the other day. She had no clue to what she was walking into.

You won't be hearing from "old Lady Left" again, you ran her off.

She's made 9 posts and replied to one of them,,,,,,,,,, with a repeating sentence.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Will MrsLeft get her money back and banned?
    I think she slipped under the radar before the membership fee was introduced. However, perhaps it's time for her membership to be re-evaluated.

Let her stay...it's fun to challenge her with REAL facts and to expose her obvious ignorance. Who knows...maybe we can convert her!!!

Re: Anti-immigrant folks are so wrong about crimes in Califo

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLeft
    They said that immigrants commit crimes at a much higher rate than the rest of us. Claims the biggest threat immigration posed was higher crime. It would appear, at least in California, you guys are wrong.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080226/us_ ... oY1I2s0NUE

Study finds immigrants commit less California crime
    Tue Feb 26, 2:39 AM ET

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Immigrants are far less likely than the average U.S.-born citizen to commit crime in California, the most populous state in the United States, according to a report issued late on Monday.

People born outside the United States make up about 35 percent of California's adult population but account for about 17 percent of the adult prison population, the report by the Public Policy Institute of California showed.

According to the report's authors the findings suggest that long-standing fears of immigration as a threat to public safety are unjustified. The report also noted that U.S.-born adult men are incarcerated at a rate more than 2 1/2 times greater than that of foreign-born men.

"Our research indicates that limiting immigration, requiring higher educational levels to obtain visas, or spending more money to increase penalties against criminal immigrants will have little impact on public safety," said Kristin Butcher, co-author of the report and associate professor of economics at Wellesley College.

The study did not differentiate between documented immigrants and illegal immigrants.

The question of what to do about the millions of undocumented workers living in the United States has been one of the major issues in the U.S. presidential election. Mexico, which accounts for a high proportion of illegal immigrants in California, was deeply disappointed at the U.S. Congress' failure to pass President George W. Bush's overhaul of immigration laws last year.

When Butcher and her co-author, Anne Morrison Piehl, associate professor of economics at Rutgers University, considered all those committed to institutions including prison, jails, halfway houses and the like, they found an even greater disparity.

Among men 18 to 40, the population most likely to be in institutions because of criminal activity, the report found that in California, U.S.-born men were institutionalized 10 times more often than foreign-born men (4.2 percent vs. 0.42 percent).

Among other findings in the report, non-citizen men from Mexico 18 to 40 -- a group disproportionately likely to have entered the United States illegally -- are more than eight times less likely than U.S.-born men in the same age group to be in a correctional institution (0.48 percent vs. 4.2 percent).

"From a public safety standpoint, there would be little reason to further limit immigration, to favor entry by high-skilled immigrants, or to increase penalties against criminal immigrants," the report said.
    In reality Mrs. Left, those folks who quote this misguiding information are missing the entire point to begin with. The fact that there is ANY number of illegal aliens in our prison system is too much. The fact is, I don't want to pay for the cost of their incarceration anymore. I don't want to pay for ANY of their expenses anymore! What about this don't OBL's understand?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

AE

And....you notice how the pro-illegal immigration types NEVER want to hear the personal stories all of us have from our lives? No, they would like to say that these "incidents" are random, or otherwise unconnected to illegal immigration. However, we know they are wrong, and this is what truly counts to me.

I KNOW people like this are not rooted in any kind of reality, but then again, I've never met a libertard who is.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast