View Poll Results: Would you participate in filing Writs of Mandate against local, state, or Federal agencies that refu

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I know how to do that.

0 0%
  • Yes, but I don't know how to do that and would need direction.

18 100.00%
  • No, I don't think it would work.

0 0%
  • No, I'm just too busy fighting the illegal aliens in traffic.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anybody considered a WRIT OF MANDATE?

What if: everyone who has concerns about illegal immigration were to file Writs of Mandate (which require goverment officials, including law enforcement agencies to perform an act required by law -- such as enforcing illegal immigration laws -- after they have refused to do so) with every local, state, and federal agency that they can determine has NOT been doing its job? I wonder what would happen? Any thoughts?
    (Always a) Loyal American

Thanks for the post LoyalAmerican!

W, what do you and the staff think of this idea? Will it have any effect other than perhaps generating media attention? Is this something we can get behind as a group? What are the time and financial commitments necessary to get this up and running per filing? Can anybody provide more details?

This seems like a really good idea. We need more avenues of resolving this issue similar to this. There must be measures we as citizens can use to hold our elected officials accountable to do their job. We have to find a way to dismantle the oligarchy that has hijacked our democracy. If not, the fallout would be a lot more to deal with, and a lot worse, than fighting illegals in traffic. This idea should be spread, and given more attention. How can we be sure it does?
    "If God be for us, who can be against us?" -Romans 8:31

What we need is a good collection of attorney's.

Its a long, drawn out process..........

Anyone have any links to official websites that describe this process?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Any possibility of some kind of check/balance among the individual states/governors/legislators vs. the undemocratic actions of the president/national legislators/federal government? Perhaps even town, county, city levels etc.?

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.answers.com/topic/mandamus

Of particular interest is the last paragraph under the heading, "Law Encyclopedia- Mandamus"

http://www.answers.com/topic/mandamus

Here the focus looks to be on the topic "continuing mandumus" under the topic "Purpose of Mandumus"

This may be a viable avenue to pursue if we can get some additional legal advice on the subject.

Hope this helps!

I'll make time to become familiar with the information you've provided, tiredofapathy.

Every new avenue, or idea is a new possibility, a new brainstorm, or more knowledge to arm ourselves with. All of which is always helpful!

Thanks for the help Unrepresented, and welcome to the group! I'll research more on this too as time permits, but working 12 hours a day doesn't leave much spare time if you know what I mean. I'd rather be doing the research but I've got at least half a dozen anchor babies to support and the numbers are growing.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast