Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anybody Up for a Protest?

In case some of you great ALIPAC'ers in North Carolina aren't running on empty and feel an urge to run with the newfound momentum, here is a story you'll not want to miss. I was tipped off to it last night by word of mouth and decided to share it here after tracking down the story in the press.

Business owner plans rally against amnesty for illegals
    By Michael D. Abernethy / Times-News
    June 27
    Kim Oliver did it once. Saturday, he’ll do it again.

Oliver, owner of O&S Concrete, located just outside Burlington in Alamance County, is organizing a protest against amnesty for illegal immigrants this weekend in Graham.

Oliver says illegal immigration hurts small business and the economy. He’s organized a rally at the Graham courthouse square from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday.

The Graham Police Department approved the permit, allowing up to 100 people at a time to gather there during the day.

Oliver held a similar protest at the same site earlier this month and about 60 people gathered to protest at different points during the day, he said.

Oliver says business has suffered at the hands of illegal immigrants’ businesses that will do the work cheaply because they don’t have to report taxes. Several years ago, he had a thriving business working with 17 contractors and taking home, after business expenses, about $79,000 each year. Now, he only works with three contractors and says he’s lucky to make $30,000 a year.

“I’m not whining about it, it’s just about the difference between right and wrong. It’s tax evasion any way you look at it,â€

Banned
    And rest assure “My American dream is shot,â€

Thanks for the info. I will try to get down there. Looks like they have an all day permit. Do you know when Kim will be there?

Also, is there someone we can call in Alamance to ask why the contractors seem to be committing tax evasion? Last I heard, thats a pretty serious crime.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Thanks Greg for your response, and I will pass that on to Kim tomorrow!

Thanks for the info. I will try to get down there. Looks like they have an all day permit. Do you know when Kim will be there?
    As I understand it Kim will be there all day. He appears to be staging a personal protest and appealing for supporters to join in. I don't have any details on who one might contact in regard to the tax evasion issue, but that bears looking into.

I would suggest talking to Kim personally as to what actions he has taken so far that were not published in the article, and then working outward from there. There should certainly be redress available through the Alamance County Building Inspector, and the Alamance County Sheriffs Dept. would be a most powerful ally. The Sheriff recently took advantage of the Feds ICE training program for a number of his deputies and has the ability to respond to immigration issues. We have also recently completed a large new jail and it is in currently being used to house illegals with a bill for the care of each being sent to the Feds at (I believe was quoted) $60 a day per illegal.

I plan to be there around 11. If anyone else from ALIPAC is going, please post here and send me a PM also if you can. Be advised that I will not be able to respond until I return from work around 3 AM Saturday but I will respond promptly and there will be a message waiting for you when you wake up. I'd LOVE to arrive as a group in support of this guy and his cause. I'd also appreciate your endosement of the event William, as this could be used as a springboard to grow our numbers locally, especially coming on the heels of our win yesterday.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but our showing at Senator Burr's Winston-Salem office yesterday was less than stellar. If it had not been for the support of groups like Ron Paul 08 and some of the local activists who got wind of the event and rushed down there, the whole thing would have been a disaster for us. I'm also sorry to say that after the Senator's staffers tally up the signatures in the guest book, they are not exactly going to be trembling in fear the next time! That was a message we certainly did not plan to deliver, and I know because William has explained the dangers of weak muster to me in great detail. I will cover that point in more detail at a later time, but let me say a great big "THANK YOU!" to anyone who joined me there and please feel free to send me a PM with your contact info so I can keep in touch via regular email or phone on local events right here in NC that we might attend, not neccessarily as ALIPAC'ers but as ordinary citizens.

As we approach the Independence Day holiday, I'd like to ask everyone to do a little soul searching. Many of us here do indeed go out and make a statement in person. Many of us do our best to stand shoulder-to-shoulder in support of what we know is right. On the other hand, many do not. Many lack the courage to take that first step. Many have reasons they grow into excuses in order to justify in their own minds their decision not to get that involved. Many could do more.... I repeated over and over the word "many" because in order to succeed in this battle "many" will be required many times over, and it is a word that must stick in your mind!

For those of you here who give all you have to this cause I cannot say thank you enough. For those of you who believe that the countribution ends when the last word is typed or the last call is made, I say "Think again"! At some point in the not-so-distant future being an anonymous author at the end of a fiber-optic cable, or being a nameless/faceless number added to the bottom of a call sheet is not going to be enough. You ARE going to be tested as to the depth of your resolve and you MUST pass that test. Use this brief respite to gather your strength and prepare for what is coming. Save a little extra or work a little overtime on your job and set the money aside in case you need to miss work one day to participate. Plan now for what is to come because the enemy is counting on you to have excuses instead of resources. Most importantly, remember the word MANY because none of us can do anything alone!

Another thing that is hurting with the illegals 'contracting' business is the shoddy, shoddy workmanship.

My son was having a house built and wasn't here to oversee the building. He told the contractor he knew serveral companies in our small town that wanted to bid on the plumbing, wiring, drywall, etc. The contractor, said he had his crew.

They were illegals - my husband scared them off one time when he went to check on the house in his suit and tie. Someone had given him a hat with some gold braid on the bill that looked official, he used it for golf. When he got out, he just grabbed that hat to keep the sun off. The workers took to the woods!!

At any rate, when the house was about 80% finished, we could see lots of problems. My son brought in an inspector - the inspector said just what he could see without checking plumbing and wiring, it would cost $25,000 to fix it.

Needless to say, my son did not take the house.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHY WAS I NOT CONTACTED?

Okay...I am the only main person in Alamance County that has been screaming for action and for folks here in Alamance to join together...yet I knew nothing about this protest and no one contacted me on this....

Can we get our ourselves together here....please, please contact me....

take-action-now@hotmail

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but our showing at Senator Burr's Winston-Salem office yesterday was less than stellar. If it had not been for the support of groups like Ron Paul 08 and some of the local activists who got wind of the event and rushed down there, the whole thing would have been a disaster for us. I'm also sorry to say that after the Senator's staffers tally up the signatures in the guest book, they are not exactly going to be trembling in fear the next time! That was a message we certainly did not plan to deliver, and I know because William has explained the dangers of weak muster to me in great detail. I will cover that point in more detail at a later time, but let me say a great big "THANK YOU!" to anyone who joined me there and please feel free to send me a PM with your contact info so I can keep in touch via regular email or phone on local events right here in NC that we might attend, not neccessarily as ALIPAC'ers but as ordinary citizens.
    I was told by either Burr's staff or a news article that we had around 60 people show up at Burr's office short notice.

Very good for such short notice.

The others, claiming identity as Ron Paul's people etc... were responding to ALIPAC's initial call to put people in these offices here in NC and across the nation.

It was a smart tactic. It worked well considering we only had about 72 hours to pull it off.

There was one complaint about a lady screaming or yelling at Burr's top man in Winston Salem, but that is the only complaint I have heard.

There were no Cloture Vote vigils planned at any Senate offices except for one in California planned by Joe Turner before ALIPAC initiated a coalition move to spread the tactic.

The idea went from Joe Turner to ALIPAC. We decided to push it nationally. We went to our largest national allies first.

MCDC, 9/11 FSA, and NumbersUSA agreed to join in and we all launched together.

We then distributed the call with each group's name attached to the NIIBC (National Illegal Immigration Boycott Coalition) supporters which is a historic muster over about 100 organizations that we have worked hard to put in coalition and communication with each other.

After that, the idea took off a lot of different directions.

Many other groups rallied to the plan after the coalition launch.

So, it is a bit unfair for you to discount ALIPAC's presence there when many of the other groups and leaders that came into support the effort were in fact responding to our initial coalition efforts.

Joe Turner had the idea. I spoke with him and took it national.

These things do not happen on their own and it took a great deal of effort and time in the zenith of that battle to do this.

If ALIPAC had not taken those actions, there would have been ZERO people at Burr's office that day. There would have been no people in any of the 30 other offices we have reports of ALIPACers and Coaltion members being in.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: WHY WAS I NOT CONTACTED?

Quote Originally Posted by take-action-now
    Okay...I am the only main person in Alamance County that has been screaming for action and for folks here in Alamance to join together...yet I knew nothing about this protest and no one contacted me on this....

Can we get our ourselves together here....please, please contact me....

take-action-now@hotmail
    Mr. Oliver seems to be operating on his own. That is fine, but have any of our fellow ALIPACers tried to make contact with him to offer him assistance and test the waters?

W