Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Was Anyone Surprised?

Last night on Glenn Beck, Sheriff Joe mentioned that he would likely support McCain in the fall. His point was that he will choose his candidate on all of his positions, not just one. I would like to hear others thoughts on this.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I am disapointed in Sheriff Joe's decision.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think it means that Sheriff Joe is going to vote for McCain.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Wow thats a big surprise to me
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

He can vote for whomever he wants. Doesn't mean anyone else has to follow suit.

This isn't surprising to me. Don't forget that Arpaio enthusiastically endorsed and campaigned for Romney even though McCain is from his home state. So it's fairly obvious that Arpaio is an unenthusiastic "supporter" of McCain, basically by default.

All I care is that Arpaio continues to enforce the law in his realm.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Was Anyone Surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Last night on Glenn Beck, Sheriff Joe mentioned that he would likely support McCain in the fall. His point was that he will choose his candidate on all of his positions, not just one. I would like to hear others thoughts on this.

I think Joe is still one of those who votes the lesser of two evils but that he's keeping in mind the fact that the presidency offers little in the way of actual power and it will take a well liked individual to have any real influence on Congress. With McCain, that isn't the case.

He may also be looking at it from the possibility that, if Dems dominate the Congress, they will fully back a Dem president, no matter what, which would be disasterous so maybe it's best to try and get a Republican in there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is going to be a very tough one for all of us. Of course we do not support McCain's belief in Amnesty, especially since the Amnesty that was issued by President Reagan and later extended by Bill Clinton has led to the disastrous situation we are facing today due to the activities of Illegal Aliens.

On the other hand, Obama and many of his constituents are all for throwing open the borders, doling out our Social Services, doling out our Social Security to those who have not paid into it, promoting the establishment of the North American Union, raising our taxes to cover the expenses caused by Illegal Aliens, establishing a seven percent Global Tax on all Americans, to name just a few such actions which will not support the well-being of the USA.

So what are we to do? If we vote for an Independent or a write-in candidate, this would only take votes away from the candidates of the two parties that are consciously accepted by most U.S. Citizens as viable for the governing of the nation; thereby increasing the possibility that the worst possible candidate would get into office.

It will be interesting to read the opinions of others, so please keep your thoughts and suggestions coming.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

I like sheriff Arpaio, but I disagree with him that there are other issues that are important... Illegal immigration has an affect on all issues.

He is going to decide between two evils, that's his right to do so...In the end it doesn't matter, both candidates are in a race to the bottom anyway.

I wouldn’t support McCain for dog catcher. He’s out of touch on immigration and sliding back to his previous amnesty agenda. He touts that he’s a border state senator and knows how to secure the border. You have to ask, and many have, with McCain’s self proclaimed border credentials why Arizona is a major entry point for IA’s. No one has gotten an answer to that as far as I know. He won’t explain what he will do to deal with the illegals already here except they need to be dealt with in a humane fashion. I know what that says to me, AMNISTY. His position on trade agreements sound a lot like what Bush has or has tried to enact. The straight talk express is sounding more and more like the BS express. You will never know what his position is as long as the media and the American public allows him to straight talk around the answers.

With McCain as President, I invasion AMNESTY by executive order within 6 to 12 months of his taking office. I see a harder push by his administration on NAFTA and other one-sided trade deals and what all free traders and IA supporters want, the removal of our borders. Maybe not as the official policy, but, a policy that supports unrestricted movement of everything and anyone and an end to our sovereignty.

You can take the statement above and replace the names with Hillary or Obama where appropriate and alter a few words and it says what I feel we’re in for with any of them.

I did get to ask McCain the question about Arizona’s border and his knowledge of securing the border when he was in SW Florida. I was asked to leave buy his staffers and the Republican party chairman for this area. Needless to say I didn’t get my question answered.

No matter who ends up in office Joe will be butting heads with them when it come to immigration enforcement. Providing they don’t shut him down.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast